Creativity and originality has both reached a plateau. Our world has simply run out of those two things. Everything that is being “created” is a regurgitation of a preceding entity. Everything that is thought to be “original” has already been thought of.
You wait long enough and you’ll soon find out that somebody else has the same brilliant idea which you have been cooking up in your pretty little head for ages. In such a case, that brilliant idea all of a sudden loses its brilliance and you end up feeling... mediocre.
This troubles me greatly as I write this note, realizing that my realization of the lack of creativity and originality in itself is neither a very creative nor a very original idea. Furthermore, my realization of my realization for the lack of creativity and originality that in itself is neither a very creative nor a very original idea is in itself neither a very creative nor a very original idea. ********.
As a citizen of the globe I am very concerned, as a young artist... well, I am just about this close to switching majors. The world could never have enough doctors, lawyers, or CEOs, am I right or am I right? But does the world REALLY need another actor, writer, artist, musician, comedian, dancer, and overall day dreamer?
I have a dream, to live in a world where the walls are built of canvas.
I have a dream, that the wind can be manipulated by the pluck of a guitar.
I have a dream, where one can write a half decent rant without stealing idioms from famous human rights figures.
So here I am in my room, my world, my prison, my writer’s block - moseying about trying to write something that won’t make me say “Eww, why did I write that? Delete before I lose face in front of everyone! DELETE MOTHER F***** DELETE!!!”
- Title: DELETE MOTHER F****** DELETE!!
- Artist: Daisukii
- Description: I had a really bad writer's block a few weeks ago, so I wrote this.
- Date: 01/09/2009
- Tags: delete rant creativity originality essay
- Report Post
- Reference Image:
Comments (1 Comments)
- MuffinNomNom - 01/09/2009
- Funny, you're so strange. And I agree. Although the cussing was over-doing it, but it may only bother me because I was raised not to curse. I like creating my own swear words though. Sometimes I use Obama as a swear word, haha. Sorry, now I'm just talking away. I liked your rant, it was like a seagull sliding across a giant stick of moist butter....o_O?
- Report As Spam