Most of you know about the problem I've had lately and some of you have talked to me about it. When i was talking to Dr. Dan about it My mind started to work and ask me questions. The main one that kept coming up was what is love. Being me i went to the nearest dictionary and looked up the definition of love and got this.
Love-noun-1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
I sat alone and thought about these meaning and none of them seemed right to me. Thats when i came up with my own definition. Love-noun-To care for somebody so much that their happiness is necessary to your own.
This helped me put everything into perspective and i realized that in all my confused feeling that I had never bothered to rip myself out of the picture and put others in it. So basically I've figured out everything so i'm free to talk now.
· Sat Jun 09, 2007 @ 04:37am · 0 Comments