** Yields 12 cupcakes
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter milk (Or ½ milk with 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice, set aside for 5 minutes, acts as a suitable substitute)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
* Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin / pan--Or butter each one and sprinkle with flour, to keep cupcakes from sticking. (;
1. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in honey, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into batter until just blended.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes. (I did mine for 25 min. Test with a toothpick, it should come out clean.)
** Yields enough for 24 cupcakes. Or 12 cupcakes and enough to eat the rest. :9
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ vanilla bean, scraped -- Or 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners / icing sugar
1. Cream butter in medium-sized bowl until very smooth
2. Stir in vanilla bean seeds until evenly distributed -- Or stir in vanilla extract.
3. Sift sugar over the butter mixture and stir until smooth.
* If it is too thin, add a few more tsp. of sugar. C:
❤ Really yummy. Megu, my twin, saw this recipe on Oprah one day. O:> It had a weird glaze in the original recipe, so we made buttercream icing instead. Buttermilk in the cupcakes, buttercream icing... it works, right? xD Anyway, enjoy!
· Tue Jun 29, 2010 @ 09:08pm · 0 Comments