Would you like to join our group?

YAY, I would love to join!! 0.5 50.0% [ 8 ]
Maybe, Can I trust you.... 0.0625 6.2% [ 1 ]
No, I'm to bizzy 0.1875 18.8% [ 3 ]
Poll Monster!!! 0.25 25.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 >

-Lil About Search-

I made this topic in surch of another artist for me and my group mates. We are a little company group startin off in our dreams to create stories and art to express those stories we create and more. Our group consist of 11 people. 7 being writers counting myself, 1 main arts and crafts person, 2 micellanious people, 2 artist couing myself. I have yet to assign the newcoming artis to anyone yet, but I am taking on 3 writers, mainly 2. I will be starting the 3rd during the Summer. SInce I'm still in High School.

Another thing about our group is that we are all in diffrent ages and live really far apart from each other, but still get along.

-What we Offer-

*We offer a home to any dreaming person who wants to get a jump start in their future.
*Advice and knowlidge about the publishing indastry/comic & cartooning world
*Places to sell your art and earn money (real $)
*A place to improve your talint
*People who can help guide you if you are still a beginner
*A healthy growing invironmint

-What are Goal is-Our goal in this group is to help and saport beginning artist, writers, etc. and make there dreams a reality. Everyone is saported and is helped when ever they need it and is equly treated the same. The roud we travel might be rugh, but if you really are camitted you're ganna be going place's.

-Lil Info About Us-

Manajor: lil_navi my Real Name: Marti
Martis Gallary: MY DA
Company: MADAAK (MAD Artist At Work

We will tell you more once you join.

-What We Are Surching For-

In Search:
Artist Slots OPEN 2 1

Writer Slots OPEN 2 1

Craft Person Slots OPEN 1

Coloriest(traditional or computer) Slots OPEN 2

Inker Slots OPEN 1

Web Maker and Designer Slots OPEN 1

+We arint looking for writers to write our stories were looking for writers who already have stories but in surch for an artist.
+We are surching for artist who dont really want to make a story but want do draw one with someone who alread has a story. OR an artist who has a story who can also draw his/her story but is in surch for a home.
+The crafts person dosint have to know how to make all the acesories, but at least exels in at least one. Like keychains, earing, bracelits, stuff toy's, etc. And should be able to create something that we ask them. The somethings will vary from stuff to do with the logo to things that come from one of the comics.
+We are searching for two diffrent kinds of coloriest. One who can do traditional coloring and one who can do computer coloring. It would be grate if someone can do both in a really good quality.
+The inker should have some experiance with inking, shading, and toneing pages. If not we may be able to teach you.
+We are looking for a beginner who knows Web Makeing and Designeing a website. It dosint matter if your in middle school, high school, or whatever we need one.

[color=indigo][b]Name: [/b][/color](Gaian and/or whatever you would like to be called)
[color=indigo][b]Job: [/b][/color] (What you would bring to the collaboration- Are you a writer? artist?etc. Additionally, this decides which category you are listed under, so if acting as more, please define which you want to categorized as, otherwise I won't put you in.)
[color=indigo][b]Seeking:[/b] [/color](What you are looking for in this company?)
[color=indigo][b]Samples of your work:[/b] [/color] (Please submit links-I want to keep this as neat and organized as possible)
[color=indigo][b]Intrast:[/b][/color] (Why are you intrastedin joining.)
[color=indigo][b]Additional Info: [/b] [/color](Anything extra that you want people to know- your level of commitment, your opinion on your abilities, your plan for your project, specifics in what you're looking for, your pros and cons, etc...)
[color=indigo][b]Alternate Contact: [/b][/color] (If you want to provide an alternate contact route for people to talk to you)

Questions And Answers?

If you have any questions post it and eather me or some one from the group will answer.

Question by "zaMmaP"......
You say "A place" to sell art. Where is this place? Who is buying it?
Answer.........
There are diffrent place's. Because we are spread out and not well known. We go around comic store's, book store's, and other store's. And ask if they would like to buy our stuff. For me the place's that would LOVE to buy our groups work are the Crtoon Art Museum in San Francisco because I intern there and my mentor is the book store manager. She's the one thats helping me understand the comic/cartooning industry. And another book store called Arkipelago. I know them because I alway's buy books from them. Some other place's are book stories in Texe's but I forgot there names I can ask one of our members in TX which places those were.

But right now there are about 4 place's that will defnatly buy our work. Still in surch for more.

Question by "demonchickx"
So is this like an anthology or something? Or does everyone in the group work on one story?

You say that there are 4 places willing to buy. Is it guaranteed that they are buying? They haven't seen the stuff yet (or at least I don't think they have), so I have a bit of difficulty believing that they will continue to distribute these after maybe 1 issue.

While on the topic of sales, what sort of profits should someone looking to enter your group expect? How much will these comics sell for? How much of those sales will the creator receive?

What sort of time frame are you running? Many of us have school and day-jobs, so deadlines would have to be flexible. Of course, the more flexible the deadlines, the less likely there will be a large profit.

You should really think about this sort of stuff before you start something like this.

Oh, and it's "searching," not "surching."

Answer....
1. Nope it's not an anthology, but if you wan it to be. Everyone n the group works on separate stories, but can get feed back from other group members. 1 artist may work with 1-3 writers or as much as they can handle. And for writers they can work on as many stories depending on if there are any artist available.

2. Yup I said that there are 4 place's willing to buy. Only 3 are guaranteed. They have seen rough drafts of our products and are very interested in distribution of our work.

One of the writers in our group that lives in the same state as me is also looking into places to sale are stuff I think he already has some places but I could be wrong. I am also looking for places and will be trying to get table at cons to sale our stuff.

3. The profits that are expected are low because we are just starting off. It's kind of a trial for us this year. Were gathering a few selected people who are interested. The creator(s) will receive all of the sales except 10% of each sale because of taxing bills. If its only one person doing the whole writing the story and doing the art its all except 10%. If it's a group work, all the sales are going to be divided and 10% will be taken away.

4. The time frame is flexible depending on the artist and writer. I also have school still and most of the other group members. But once we get it more established and everything we are going to have it go as fast as everyone can go. And I also know that we won't be earning a large sum of profit when we first start, but not everyone does at their first attempt. We're going to try and build to a larger goal each year on profits.

5. And we have planed and thought of a whole lot of things before carrying out to what we are trying to do now. Í myself have been planning since I was in elementary

6. hahahaha, I did that on accident, but I noticed in the morning. I thought it would give it a little pa-zaz to the title!!

If you've had it all planned out, then that would be something to put into the pitch post, rather than on the 10th page where no one will look.

So you're more of a small, independent publisher than a group. Since you're taking a bunch of separate works and selling them to distributors.

Besides the 2 of you, how many others are on your staff? If you're just starting out, it would be smarter to have maybe 5 or so. Of course, it's always fine to have more, you just want to make sure there aren't too many cooks in the kitchen, if you know what I mean.

Also, of those on your staff, what sort of experience do you all have? Like, have any of you been published before? Do your "writers" know how to write a comic script? Do your "artists" know how to follow a script and do art checks?

Who's the ring master in all of this? Are you calling all of the shots, or is it more of a committee kind of thing?

Answer......
1. Indeed, I've added your questions to the first post. And you got me there; I was wondering what other things I should have posted up.

2. Indeed we are, but at the same time we're both.

3. There are 11 of us as I explained in the first post. I'm trying to get at least 2 more artist for some of the writers with no artist so they can get there comic projects going. I'm also trying to get other people who can also benefit the group besides writers and artist. At least 14-19 of use to start out for the first year and see how it goes. And I do understand about the limitation of chiefs we can have!! wink

4. Well about experience. I haven't really asked everyone yet, but I can tell you a little about mine. Well, *takes deep breath* when I was young about 5 or so my art work won 1st in my elementary and I started to love art all of my life! I have had experience with performing some were in my elementary and to now. (Forming performing dances, to doing plays, and to presenting projects in front of a whole auditorium and even on camera and on the newspaper. I know of other artist and what a hard world entertainment is. I've also had experience in business management and book store owning from the internship I'm doing for a school project. I've also had experience with housing and relistate from going to seminars with my mom and relatives. I have also had experience in group managing and project assessments and some other things from a summer program I used to go to. I think it was youth organizing stuff. I've also had experience with helping conduct an art class for younger kids from the age of 8-15. There are even more experience I have to say about, but it would go on and on.

For me I haven’t had the chance to have any of my work published yet, but I am close to it this year.

Some of my writers have had some of there works done, and have relatives and friends too. Same here for the relatives.

And mostly all of the writers know how to write a script, only the younger ones are having a problem because they've never done one before, but our group tries really hard to help and explain to them.

The artist know how to follow the scripts and do rough drafts of the pages then send what they have to the writers and the writers go over them to see whets needed to change.

If someone in the group dosint know we help them and try to give as much support as possible because the goal of this lil company is to help people achieve there goals and give them a chance.

5. When it comes to business I'm the one mostly in charge, but all together it’s like a committee. I'm trying to get all the members who don’t have a Gaia to join so we can have meetings in towns.

Question by "Pshaman"

I have a question: Is there a site already created for the group? Since you seem to need a web designer.

And have you guys thought of possibly sending these comics to online publishing sites as well?

Answer.....
1. About the web site, we don't have one yet, but we will. Now that we're talking about this. I actually have a friend, more like friends that know how to make and design web sites. I was also being taught how, but I was messing around instead of learning... Now I regret it.... So, no we don't have one at the moment. The closest one so far is what Elfe said the guild here in Gaia.

2. I'm not sure what kind of online publishing sites you're talking about, but I could go and explain 3 different kinds for you.
There are kinds like with something like tokyopop, Marvel or Dark Hours (They put there mark on your book and also have the title to clame it), a online publishing site (were you go and have your book put together and have them send you said #'s of copies requested), or something like INGRAM, AAA Anime, or any other warehouse place were they sell different brands of products.

Well, we're like Tokyopop, Marvel and them put we give more privileges to the creators. So, we won't be doing anything with them, because there the other brands were trying to compete with.
We might be doing something with the 2 other publishing plans like going to an online website that publisher's, and having a warehouse place carry our brand name to sell in other stores around the world. But for now we're still looking into that and researching it. Because I'm actually dealing with some of the warehouse places from me internship. I could probably get us in there and have our stuff sold in some of them.

Anyway, another question: what kind of rights do the creators retain. For example, I'm in the middle of several projects, some of which are going to publishers, some of which I'm web-publishing, etc. If I were to publish something with your studio, would I still be allowed to put the material on my own site or do print-on-demand publishing?

Answer....
1. For rights, it’s simple but some what still complicated. It varies from brand. Take example, Marvel. If you were a writer for Marvel, you couldn’t get any credit or barley, to your story because you would have to do it based on an already existing character in the brand. If you were an artist you would have credit to the art you created that might be all.

For Tokyopop and us. Were more of a creator gets credit, we just have credit to publish them and getting them out there.

For us. If you we're both the writer and the artist for your comic and going under a studio brand, all the rights of creating it goes to you. But the right to publishing it goes to us. And we would allow you to have the creation of the product in your website, but should be explained about "who" has "what" rights in the creation of it. And I'm not sure about print-on-demand, but YES once we get everything organize and settled.
Pending Applicants

demonchickx
I'm sure I'll have more questions later, but - for now - I suppose I could always use a distributor.

Name: Paige (you can call me whatever you want, but it doesn't mean I'll answer to it)
Job: I'm sort of a Jill-of-all-trades. I write, draw, ink, tone, colour, letter, etc. So, I guess I could collaborate with just about any one, though I prefer individual projects.
Seeking: A distributor I suppose. I've been trying to work with some bigger names, but it's always nice to have a fall back.
Samples of your work: My devArt is in my signature. It has only a few things, but they span across about 2 years.
Intrast: It's "interest" not "intrast" and this is the same as the "seeking" section, is it not?
Additional Info: I think I've pretty much covered this. I could do collabs, but not until this summer. And, said collabs would have to take a back seat to my own projects.
Alternate Contact: If you really need one, PM me and I'll give you my IM or work email.
Approved List

Pshaman
Okie.

Name: Pshaman
Job: Writer
Seeking: I'm looking for a group to collaborate with and hopefully befriend as well. Basically being around those who share the same inspiration/dream as me.
Samples of your work: Blood Bandit - Ch 1
Intrast: I want to be apart of stories out there that others can read and enjoy. I just love to write for others.
Additional Info: Well, I live in Canada first of all. I tend to procrastinate from time to time, but a little push will get me moving again.
Alternate Contact: universalknights[AT]hotmail.com

Muffin Spasm
Name: Muffin Spasm
Job: I'm mainly an artist, but if you need more people or extra help on something, I am willing to lend a hand.
Seeking: A place where I can collaborate with other artists and writers to increase my experience in comic making and enhannce my artistic ability as well.
Samples of your work: Quick Pencil Sketch
Intrast: I enjoy working with a group of people and it would be good experience for me to work with a group of artistic people.
Additional Info: If I could, I would be drawing all the time, but school gets in the way of a lot of that. I will probably be slow (a week or two) at getting stuff in, especially if I have a lot going on. The last couple of years have been really rough for me. I plan on improving my artistic ability and experimenting as time goes on. I especially like to experiment with different anime styles.
Alternate Contact: MSN (sakuraminaro@hotmail.com)

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
whats up everyone heart
Nothin much, waiting!! xd
How are you peoplz!?

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
lil_navi
Nothin much, waiting!! xd

yep waiting...

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
heart have you done the cover yet heart
yup waitig too. I've done sketchs of the covers. But there realy ruff. I'll send you a better ruff copy tomorrow.

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
lil_navi
yup waitig too. I've done sketchs of the covers. But there realy ruff. I'll send you a better ruff copy tomorrow.

heart yay cant wait heart

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Eggs are driving me crazy gonk
I know they take so long to pop up for me!! stressed
OHHH, for you. I was bored.... whee
ART

4,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
heart cool thanks heart
its really good 3nodding
your welcome, I'm doing another one right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff