Welcome to Gaia! ::

Egyptology Guild

Back to Guilds

A discussion guild on the study on Ancient Egypt 

Tags: Egypt, Egyptology, Kemetic, History, Pharaoh 

Reply Miscellaneous
Sphinx and the cursed mummy..ever play it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shokai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:21 pm
Has anyone ever played the videogame Sphinx and the cursed mummy (PS2 and/or whatever other system it came out for?) Well..it is set in somewhat of ancient Egypt with lots of magic and stuff. Some characters are named after gods and all. I will try to tell more about it when I have the time but this is all I can offer for now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_and_the_Cursed_Mummy  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:26 am
I've played it. it's decent, though I don't like how they put Yinepu in there as a villian. >.> However, having Akhtenaten as a villian is rather suiting for him.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:44 am
King Robert Silvermyst
I've played it. it's decent, though I don't like how they put Yinepu in there as a villian. >.> However, having Akhtenaten as a villian is rather suiting for him.
Alot of games depict Yinepu as a bad guy, especially in Spyro when the jackles attack you and mummys come out ot their coffins to eat you ...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:50 pm
Oh I loved this game it was all mind-boggling and stuff and I love games where you have to think. I really do hope they eventually make a sequel.  

Delacroix_Ghost

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:24 am
I bought the game a while ago and I loved it!!! I don't think they made Yinepu the baddie, at first they did but later on he had the same goal as Sphinx, to destroy Set/Akenaton.

I got my fiancĂ© into it too, he helped me get into Set's lair and defeat him.  
Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games