Two random questions. Egypt and you!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shokai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 am
Just random questions:

A. Have you ever been made fun of because of your obsession with Ancient Egypt?

I have

B. On a test/quiz on ancient Egypt in class, have you ever put down more than what you needed to put down?

On a test, I put the WHOLE entire description of the process of the afterlife [Book of the dead] how the soul had to travel through the river and be judged by the gods after.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:40 pm
Actually, I haven't been made fun of for my obsession. But, that's because no one knows. ninja

Sadly, I don't remember ever really studying Ancient Egypt in depth enough to have a test over it. I did take a mythology class once, but it was only Greek/Roman mythology.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Ubat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:55 am

not made fun of.. but have gotten odd looks

B. On a test/quiz on ancient Egypt in class, have you ever put down more than what you needed to put down?

i would have killed to have them talk about AE in class! lol but we never had that subject at my schools. But given the option.. yeah I probably would have written way too much and challenged the teacher anytime I thought they were wrong. Maybe a good thing they didnt teach A.E. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:06 am
1. No, thank God.

2. When people have asked me questions about the subject I do give too much information, they usually switch off.  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:27 pm

I used to, but now that I'm considering it as a career people think it's cool that I've stuck with it for so long (and I actually have a plan after getting out of school that I actually like...)

Yes. Multiple times. One of my favorites is back during a freshman Advanced World History test, and the extra credit was to name as many Egyptian gods/goddesses as you could. I named over 40 blaugh And no one in that class has come close before, nor since. I do believe I set a school record that hardly anyone cares about. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:32 pm
1. No, no one knows really. If anyone did, I'd probably feel somewhat close to them, because if they knew I liked Egyptology then you know.. dunno. Kinda like a special feeling because I love Egyptology so much. Only person who knows I like it is my dad I think. Everytime he sees something on Egypt, he runs to my room and demands I change my channel to that one. xD

2. We've never studied Egypt in history class. ): It bummed me out so much. Two of my favorite subjects (I'm a history nut too) combined! Instead, we just jumped to the old days of England. ~_~"

Spirit Archer

Uncle Johnny

Springtime Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:32 am
|WhAt a wOndeRFul WorLd|

Nope. Although, I have because I'm so determined to do Archaeology, ect.

Yes. D: I got marked down for it.

[x][x]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:56 am
Nope, never.

I know I have done that in the past years ago, but where I come from Ancient Egypt isn't such a big subject... It's all about the world wars and American history... @_@ WHERE IS THE LOVE?

The Egyptian Dragon

Moonlight Healer

Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces