Reply Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall
Otters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Laetho

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:31 am
This is a place to talk about your favorite otters in Redwall.
These are my top five.

1-Laetho Shellhound
2-Banya Streamdog
3-Tiria Wildlough
4-Deyna
5-Banjon Wildlough  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:28 pm
Hmm.

Rukky Garge? Yeah. Rukky is the awesome. Maybe Shogg, too, cause I was a bit upset
when he got bitten.  

Valencia Glitterspark

Laetho

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:35 am
Ya Rucky and shogg are both cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm
I used to like Deyna, too (although I prefer Tagg), but after a while he got a bit annoying...his flawless fighting and personality, despite being raised by "barbaric vermin." Nimbalo totally is awesomer.

I hate how species defines your allignment in Redwall.

Poor Veil.

Valencia Glitterspark

Laetho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 am
I dont know... Viel made me mad... but he was good at the end...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:40 pm
otters!!!!! not as good as badgers thow! blaugh my favorite otter is......uuuuummmmmm....ooohhhh.......i dunno....CHEEK!!!!  

chiarian01

Laetho

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:11 am
Cheek is cool, he eats piranhas! domokun domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:26 am
Yes, but notice who Veil killed. Yes, he tried to get revenge on the cook, but he killed the foxes in revenge, too. The beasts (who I think were mice and he and did not kill, desp[ite Friar Bunfold being a mouse as well) he robbed were within a day of Redwall, and everything turned out all right for them.

Then we get to the hares. He squished them on the mountiaside to gain his father's approval, which he still didn't get (that, and the hares probably would have killed him on sight).

So really, he's no worse than Grath Longfletch and Various Badger Lords. She kills beasts just for being the wrong species. You can say, "At least they killed them honestly!" but, then again, how honest is ambush?

Then, at the end, after he kills himself for her, Bryony "realizes he was evil after all." After he killed himself for her. Some mother stare

(Sorry, totally off topic. I just had to vent on that particular ferret's character)

Valencia Glitterspark

Laetho

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm
To true to true...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:41 pm
I think Bryony also observes that Veil didn't actually expect to die. She doesn't think his devotion to her is so deep that he'd have tried to save her if he expected it would kill him. It's been a while since I read the book, but I'm sort of inclined to agree with Bryony, though the mistrust with which Veil is treated by the Redwallers is perhaps arguably more responsible for his evil than his heritage is. neutral  

Jen the Quiet
Vice Captain

Valencia Glitterspark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:51 pm
Jen the Quiet
I think Bryony also observes that Veil didn't actually expect to die. She doesn't think his devotion to her is so deep that he'd have tried to save her if he expected it would kill him. It's been a while since I read the book, but I'm sort of inclined to agree with Bryony, though the mistrust with which Veil is treated by the Redwallers is perhaps arguably more responsible for his evil than his heritage is. neutral

Yes, but it still annoys me that she realizes he was evil after he did something for her.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 pm
His evil was worse then his good I think. He may have done good but it was not enough to atone for his previose actions.  

Laetho

TaijimaNarumi

Bashful Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:47 pm
I love the otters! The Mask was awesome, Cheek,Skipper I can't decide which one, Folgrim, and so many others.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:41 am
(SPOILERS)

Cheek! i lov how he eats away all the biting fish in mattimeo as the gang is trying to cross the river  

Shad0wSaint

SirGriffinEkio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:58 am
I like Finbarr Galedeep, I think his character had a lot of depth. My overall favorite Otter character would either be the Skipper from Marlfox or Deyna from The Taggerung though.  
Once Upon a Time: A Guild of Redwall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff