Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply How to generate gold without begging
lets hold an event in the towns for new people

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we make an event for new users in towns?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Devils_son69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:40 am
we should choose a place in towns to hold an event for new gaia users to come and ask questions and even make friends. Please send opinions or suggestions. All open for your comments.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:42 am
Honestly, I don't think that would go well. People might try to crash the event or ask moronic questions just to anger people.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Shugotenshi the Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:43 am
im not really a big fan of the towns....there are some pretty weird people out there. plus, i think its probably a bit easier to answer questions here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:46 am
Teh_Boxman
Honestly, I don't think that would go well. People might try to crash the event or ask moronic questions just to anger people.

Well if that happens couldn't we boot them. I mean look at the Welcome to Gaia forums and no one gives them problems. And on top of that there should be a Admin or Mod to kick them out.  

Devils_son69

Charisma Raye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:48 am
It's a very valiant idea to do something like that. But there are way too many punks that will try to ruin it. And Towns, well, people are stupid in there at times and I get put off by it. I tend to just pick up the trash and move on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:50 am
Shugotenshi the Ninja
im not really a big fan of the towns....there are some pretty weird people out there. plus, i think its probably a bit easier to answer questions here.
I see what you are saying but ppl have to ask to get into this guild. if you are in towns ppl can ask at anytime and it is an instant response unlike forums that take longer and the person might not be there.  

Devils_son69

Devils_son69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:53 am
Charisma Raye
It's a very valiant idea to do something like that. But there are way too many punks that will try to ruin it. And Towns, well, people are stupid in there at times and I get put off by it. I tend to just pick up the trash and move on.
it is possible to ignore ppl like that. they will go away if you don't talk to them. and if worst comes to worst you can add them to your ignore list.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:56 am
Devils_son69
Charisma Raye
it is possible to ignore ppl like that. they will go away if you don't talk to them. and if worst comes to worst you can add them to your ignore list.

I can support what you're trying to do. Maybe you could turn this into a petition so that the crew of the guild will see it. Hopefully you can get some support. I'd back you up.  

Charisma Raye

Krusadin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:59 am
Not only for the new people, but for the cool people too!
(and for some cool new people, perhaps)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:02 pm
Krusadin

Those that can be defined as TRUE Legionaires are cool. As well as just everyone and their friend in the guild. We all should just hang out together. I'm feeling a lot of love for this guild.  

Charisma Raye

Devils_son69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:02 pm
Still working on details for petition. Any help would be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:03 pm
Krusadin
Yes great idea.  

Devils_son69

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:12 am
A gathering in the towns sounds like a good idea to me. If anyone causes trouble there they are still bound by the same rules as any other place on Gaia. A gathering to ask questions sounds ok really. But a friendly gathering to talking about whatever sounds like a better idea really.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:25 am
We could just report them anyways - I think a huge Towns hangout is awesome. We should give it a shot.  

Charisma Raye

tilbear
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:11 pm
It can't hurt to try it once. And punks attack when you are alone and have no one watching your back. Even if we have a small gathering of 4 or 5 of us, We can shoo off any jerks.  
How to generate gold without begging

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games