Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Strong Criticism?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Era Of Atonement

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:09 pm
I've realized I am extremely critical of people. Example: Hugging. I find you needy if you hug anybody and everybody. I hug a total of one person, Micah. It has always bothered me when people are too touchy-feely with people they don't know very well. Everyone now-a-days seems so easy and loose.
Am I alone in thinking people should be less skimpy and more REAL? I love being who I am without the influences of Hollywood, television, popular music/artists, and blah, blah, blah. I'm me. I'm not emo, goth, prep, punk, nerd, etc. I don't belong in those sort of stereotypes because I refuse to be labeled. It's not right. People should be with people who accept them. You don't need to become something to belong somewhere. You are someONE. You are the only you so be THAT. It's strange people don't already know this..I thought it was common sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:09 pm
Very well said....I agree....i wish more people that are actually here....living around me would understand that so that every time we talk, we wouldn't end up yelling at each other about why she should and shouldn't do things she knows isn't right...And she always thinks that I live as a princess of course...since i seem to understand that being myself is myself. I really don't think that all you've said is strong critism, because i don't see it that way...it perhaps may be....but it's not towards me...^_^  

CrimsonxXxSolace

ZarialAmeraise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:21 am
agreed. lables are for soup.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:24 pm
u___u I have to agree label-wise. I'm also a tad critical, though I'm generally internal about it unless it bothers me to no end. Fashion-wise, "today less is more".

Its easier to get your physical pleasure without full connection. They're in a sense, trying to protect themselves emotionally, and are in actuality making themseves weaker by not learning true relationship skills. then they suffer as adults, causing their permanent relationships fall apart, damaging the generation spwaning from them. Its a viscious downward spiral.

To be excepted is incredibly important to everyone. To be wanted and to fit in. Its huge! Even stronger minded people are reduced to this basic need. So often times people will conform themselves to "fit the mold" of the circle they desire. Even non-conformity is conformation to nonconformity. You can't escape it. =____=;We're encouraged by the media with our reality tv and the disgusting celebrity showmanship. Its our own social habits that causes it. To be "real" would destroy our positions in the circle.

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Gredar

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:36 pm
I think the problem is not so much in people conforming as it is with people seeking instant gratification. Instead of finding good friends and people they relate to, they join a 'cult' of people who they feel connected to by whatever defines them. Then they aren't happy because they feel like nobody cares, because they never took the time to find people who do. And we all cry on about the good old days, when friends were friends and the Lone Ranger always got the bad guy in the end. But nobody does anything about it, except those who get wise to the system and quietly move on in circles of the like minded. I don't know if this is a Matrix like thing, where you have to discover it for yourself before you can be taught, or if it's just something that's too far out yet. It's sad though.  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:45 pm
Hmmm. Though I do understand what you are saying may I add that by even recognizing these labels you are aiding the problem? I mean think about it not you call yourself an individual...Just like all the other individuals who still think of others as preps and goths and whatever.

I get what you're saying though, and I also try to be myself and not someone else because I had a problem with changing who I was my freshman and sophomore year of high school. However, I also recognize that it is human nature to always label everything. We long for definitions that will never be obtained. It's very compex to be an "individual."

However, I have a very diverse group of friends whom I hug constantly because I truly love them all. Touch is an amazing way to show your affection and God knows I don't show it through my words most of the time(I'm extremely sarcastic), so hugging and kisses on the cheek...They show I care. It's just how people in band and chorus at my school show that they care. It's a very touchy atmosphere, but it's nice...Call me loose if you want, but when I care about someone I will show it in the best way I can.... 3nodding

Bedaizled

Seeker

10,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Kokiri Miji

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 am
Personally I think your very true!! All these titles and fashions ect influence us way too much! Its like being your own type of person isn't even appreciated any more! All it does is make people refuse to beleive and let others know who they really are all because there are certain things or people that think its wrong!!! This, of course, is completely stupid. You chould feel aloud to and feel right being the way you are, its stupid to be scared of it because all your doing is lying to yourself and everyone around you in the end!!!!
(sry, but I feel rather strongly on this subject...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:20 pm
@Miji: Feeling strongly and expressing it is a good trait. As long as you're not pistol-whipping people with it, you're well within your means.

@Gredar: D: Slightly off topic, but yay Lone Ranger reference! D: I miss listening to that on my home from road trips at like 10 pm....

@Daisys: xD High five for personality traits and handling people. Sounds like i would get along in your school just fine. ;3

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Bedaizled

Seeker

10,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:40 pm
lol. Maybe not the whole school, just the arts programs. We're very accepting in there^_~

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:30 pm
Sweet. ^__^  

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

nioie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:57 pm
Who ever came up with labels are maniacs everyday im called weird,nerdy, goth, punk, and emo depending on my mood at the point it drives me crazy people who dont know me come up and say hi ___ I mean come on atleast ask me my name! Im a human being and I want to be treated like one we all should  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games