Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:37 am
Okay, we all know it happens. Everytime you go to a camping event, you forget something either very important or very odd to an outside observer. This last weekend we even made it into a drinking game at Warriors and Warlords. So, what have you forgotten? If there's a funny story attatched, even better! This weekend I forgot my pillow and my cat of nine tails....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:09 am
I forgot to bring soap and my allergy medicine to Dub Dub this past weekend. I didn't so much forget my pillow as just not bring it, I forgot it last year and found a decent substitute, I roll up my cloak to use as a pillow.  

CassiusD

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:21 am
CassiusD
I forgot to bring soap and my allergy medicine to Dub Dub this past weekend. I didn't so much forget my pillow as just not bring it, I forgot it last year and found a decent substitute, I roll up my cloak to use as a pillow.

Oh dear. O_O A heavy weapons fighter with no soap. That's... gotta be some fragrant armor you've got there, milord. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:05 pm
I once left behind a folding camp chair at an event... and it took me a year to get it back. Every time the guy who was holding onto it for me took it to an event, I didn't attend that event...and the ones I went to he either wasn't at, or hadn't brought it! It got to be a big joke, that he was holding it hostage so that I would attend his shire's next event. wink  

Imzy
Crew

Kitty Boi Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:09 pm
Well...I won a raffle once, and never managed to make it back to the guild that held my prize...It was an eating dagger, I'm told. That was five years ago...Never did get it. And another time, I forgot my sleeping pad, so I had a comfortable bed of hard dirt and a large rock, right under my spine. That's what happens when you pitch your tent in the fading light, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:55 pm
Imzy
CassiusD

Oh dear. O_O A heavy weapons fighter with no soap. That's... gotta be some fragrant armor you've got there, milord. wink

Some loose sand and plenty of water takes off the sweat. Just gotta scour well with the sand. Fortunately I did have deoderant spray, that took care of any lingering smell.  

CassiusD

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:09 pm
CassiusD
Imzy
CassiusD

Some loose sand and plenty of water takes off the sweat. Just gotta scour well with the sand. Fortunately I did have deoderant spray, that took care of any lingering smell.

Scouring or no, all I have to say is Ewwww. I'd hate to go for anything more than 2 days without being slapped with a washcloth and a bar of soap. Especially if there's a big dinner gathering, or a meal out with the Mundanes after the event. I love to freak the Mundanes out. The double-takes and stares are just priceless.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:16 pm
Gaijin32
Scouring or no, all I have to say is Ewwww. I'd hate to go for anything more than 2 days without being slapped with a washcloth and a bar of soap. Especially if there's a big dinner gathering, or a meal out with the Mundanes after the event. I love to freak the Mundanes out. The double-takes and stares are just priceless.

*lol* yeah, especially the inevitable, "Hey! Are you guys in a play?"

...to which someone from our group almost /always/ replies, "Yeah. Death of a Salesman 2!" (...you'd have to have seen the movie Orgasmo go get it. *grin*)  

Imzy
Crew

CassiusD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:48 pm
Gaijin32
CassiusD
Imzy
CassiusD

By the time I left I wouldn't have gone to a meal out after if there was one, I just wanted to get home and go to bed. If I had eaten out I wouldn't have cared what people thought about my smell, I was just too tired. The only way I'll go to a meal after the event is if it's just a one day event, then a shower isn't really necessary (although people around me tend to disagree).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:51 pm
Ooh! I was walking around before the event started, close enough that everyone was in garb, and with enough time that no one had gotten down to opening preparations yet...and this man jumps out, blocking the pathway.

"Here, have some muffin."

And he proceded to feed bits of double chocolate muffin to my two friends and myself. This finished, he dusted his hands dramatically, and turned around to his friends and yelled 'It's GONE! I got rid of it!'

It made me wonder what was wrong with it, but it was a cheerful way to start the day, all the same.

Blue Eli

Beloved Bloodsucker

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm
Blue Eli
Ooh! I was walking around before the event started, close enough that everyone was in garb, and with enough time that no one had gotten down to opening preparations yet...and this man jumps out, blocking the pathway.

"Here, have some muffin."

And he proceded to feed bits of double chocolate muffin to my two friends and myself. This finished, he dusted his hands dramatically, and turned around to his friends and yelled 'It's GONE! I got rid of it!'

It made me wonder what was wrong with it, but it was a cheerful way to start the day, all the same.

*gigglesnort* Oh my gosh. That's hilarious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:57 pm
I am ETERNALLY forgetting to bring my feast gear.

This one time, I was eating feast off of an aluminum dish from whence a pie came and drinking out of a soda can... no one had anything to spare. The man across the table was giving me a hard time about it, so I picked up the aluminum dish and said "My lord, THIS is my dowry." I picked up the aluminum can, "THIS is my sister's dowry. We thought I should make a good showing at the feast." Then I went back to eating.

(In case you didn't know, aluminum was more precious than platinum until some time after the French Revolution when they learned how to produce it).  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:36 am
Llelwyn

This one time, I was eating feast off of an aluminum dish from whence a pie came and drinking out of a soda can... no one had anything to spare. The man across the table was giving me a hard time about it, so I picked up the aluminum dish and said "My lord, THIS is my dowry." I picked up the aluminum can, "THIS is my sister's dowry. We thought I should make a good showing at the feast." Then I went back to eating.

(In case you didn't know, aluminum was more precious than platinum until some time after the French Revolution when they learned how to produce it).

teehee!! that's awesome! too bad most people don't think on their feet like that when out of feast gear... which is all the time with my friends....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:25 pm
littlegreengirl
Llelwyn

teehee!! that's awesome! too bad most people don't think on their feet like that when out of feast gear... which is all the time with my friends....

Hee! I, on the other hand, am everyone's best friend when feast comes around. I'm the holder of the Gold Key box, and I almost *always* have extra stuff with me... just in case.  

Imzy
Crew

Blue Eli

Beloved Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:54 pm
Llelwyn

Impressive...Very good comeback. n.n I don't know that I'd be able to come up with something like that, on the spot..  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff