Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold!
  Yay!
View Results

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:01 pm
I finished it just last night. With the arrival of my new video iPod, I had to find a case that screamed "This is Nevira's iPod," and I wandered around the various iPod accessories without much luck. (Come on, I don't like designer labels, so why would I get a Liz Claiborne case?) Luckily enough, I work at a fabric store, and they were having a sale on prints, and even luckier they had some Egyptian-themed prints. I bought as much of each as I could (wooray for employee discounts!) and took them home. I used a pattern that my mother used for my sister's iPod, and made it using the Egyptian fabric. 3nodding

Alas, it was harder than I thought >_< Paper pieceing (sp?) was hard doing the front. But I left the heart in the middle and made it using linen, thinking that it would be a good place to write some hieroglyphs. I haven't decided on what I'm going to do (write my name, or a protective spell to keep my iPod from dying?) so I just left it blank.

After I got it all sewn together, I realized that my iPod falls out of the top if it's tipped upside-down gonk So I stuck my ushebti pin that I got at the Etruscan exhibit in Stillwater, OK at the top so that my iPod wouldn't fall out (and still fit with the theme =D)

Here are some pics! They're taken with my camera phone, so the quality leaves something to be desired... sweatdrop

Front cover
Inside
Back pocket for earbuds

cool  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:34 pm
eek surprised

Ow my God!!!!!!! I love it so much heart

Make me one please crying lol.  

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Djedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:33 pm
Beautiful! You are quite the talented seamstress! eek I like the spell idea for the heart, and the use of linen for that piece- very appropriate. Would you want to write in English or hieroglyphs?

I think I know how you felt when you found those Egyptian print fabrics- finding a good Egyptian themed material is a rare treat, and you just know that it will come in handy some day! I had a similar experience at a bead store once- finding several Egyptian themed beads and pendents. I had no idea what to do with them but I had to gather a few samples of each type just in case! You never know when you might need some, and I expect they'll come in handy as amulets.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:34 pm
I want to write in hieroglyphs (I have a fabric pen with a fine enough tip) but the problem is A) finding something to write and B) making it so it's legible...my hieroglyph handwriting is only somewhat better than my regular handwriting gonk

And I know just what you mean. xd A couple of years ago, before I worked at the store, I found some Egyptian-themed upholstery fabric at $20 a yard...but I didn't get it because I wanted to wait until I had some more money...came back in a week later and it was gone, and I haven't been able to find anything like it since. gonk cry crying Now whenever I find any Egyptian-themed fabric or otherwise, I jump on it and carry it off even if I'm trying to take it easy on the pocketbook. sweatdrop  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Spirit Archer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 pm
OH GOD. That's so COOL! D': I just have a lame pink case for my iPod ...Nano... D< Videos!

But that is seriously awesome. I probably would have never thought of something like that. I wouldn't even know what I'd do with Egyptian pattern. Maybe make a bag or a blanket. Is Egyptian fabric really that rare? ): I might snag it if I ever see it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:58 pm
Egyptian fabric isn't hard to find; it's just so popular that you have to grab it as soon as you lay eyes on it otherwise it'll disappear faster than you can say "Netjeru." 3nodding  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Hellenistic Wisdom

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:56 pm
What a nice case.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:00 pm
It is beautiful! ^__^  

Tammpwn

Uncle Johnny

Springtime Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:15 am
|WhAt a wOndeRFul WorLd|

Ha, dude ! That is sooo good ! You're an awesome sewer-maker. ;D <3

[x][x]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:16 am
Spirit Archer
OH GOD. That's so COOL! D': I just have a lame pink case for my iPod ...Nano... D< Videos!

But that is seriously awesome. I probably would have never thought of something like that. I wouldn't even know what I'd do with Egyptian pattern. Maybe make a bag or a blanket. Is Egyptian fabric really that rare? ): I might snag it if I ever see it.
|WhAt a wOndeRFul WorLd|

And, nope. Egyptian Cotton is probably the most common & you can get that at most shops that sell bedding. :]

[x][x]

Uncle Johnny

Springtime Autobiographer

Judy_Boka

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:16 pm
That is so cool! ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:32 pm
eek eek eek
... I need an emoticon for drool...
I fall head over heals for Egyptian-themed thingies. Whether it's pens, fabrics, bookmarks, gloves, glassware... AH!
As you can tell from the first row of emotes... I love it! That's awesome!  

Cyko_Elmnt

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

evolvingwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:37 pm
THAT IS THE NIFTIEST IPOD THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE! Great job!  
Miscellaneous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games