Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:39 am
Well, I'm sure we've all seen these lists before, but I thought hey! Why not start one up in the guild. smile Add more! (These were collected from various places around the net, and I'm now recalling them from my memory) A star next to any of the ones I list means they apply to me..

You might be in the SCA if...

-You have more garb in your closet than mundane clothes.
*-The aforesaid more garb is taken care of much better-nicely hung up, pressed, maybe even colour coded, as opposed to your mundanes which are haphazardly thrown into drawers/on shelves..if they get off the floor.
*-The major goal of your 16th birthday was not to get your driver's license, but your fighter card.
-When on the search for a significant other, they get major bonus points if they work at a fabric store/thrift store.
*-You've ever seen a large man doing embroidery.
*-You've ever seen a large man brag about the lace on his clothing.
*-You've ever yelled "Hey, nice tights!" at a guy.
*-You've ever signed a petition to get a guy to wear tights again (hmm...perhaps another no s**t there i was story I should get into in the other thread...heh)
-You firmly believe in the saying "She who dies with the most fabric, WINS."
-The argument is no longer, "my daddy makes more money than you!" but rather, "my daddy has a bigger sword than you!"
*-You write an essay in school on how, indeed, the Norsemen are NOT dead, you know this because you danced with them last weekend!
*-You've gotten into an argument more than once which begun with "No, no, no. You have it all wrong! Viking is not a NOUN. It's a VERB!"

Okay, I'm out of time now, lol. Gotta get back to work pretty quick here. Add more to the list!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:49 am
- When History becomes a cake class (hey you just experianced the stuff first hand the day before the test)
- You believe Chainmail is beautiful and fashionable (Have you seen the cainmail head garments they make for woment?)
- You know full and well that staffs arn't just decoration  

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:01 am
-you've ever gone fabric shopping with two straight men and heard one exclaim to the other, "Oh, my god! Just /look/ at this fleur-de-lis fabric! It's /fabulous!/ I've /got/ to have it. I'll take the whole bolt." (*lol* yeah, that should be in a NSTIW story too.)

-for that matter, if you've ever gone fabric shopping with a straight guy, /period/!

-you get excited about getting a part in a play because it's set in the middle ages, and that means that you get to make new garb!

...I'm sure I'll come up with others. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 am
- you've heard and helped a big large stright guy with "The softness, and fitting of [his] blouse."  

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:49 am
- you get a pre-approved credit card application in your persona's name.

- you hear an excited child talk about how many people his daddy killed last weekend and you don't freak out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:51 am
littlegreengirl
- you get a pre-approved credit card application in your persona's name.

LMAO!! Seriously?!  

Imzy
Crew

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:54 am
Imzy

LMAO!! Seriously?!

it happened to a friend last month!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:57 am
littlegreengirl
Imzy

LMAO!! Seriously?!

it happened to a friend last month!

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if that'd work for me. Alyna Fourpineshyll has a perfect credit record.... :>  

Imzy
Crew

Nearis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:20 am
You might be in SCA if.....

.......your knight insists on polishing his 'shining' armor.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:21 am
You might be in SCA if.....

.....your idea of shoping is looking for new weaponry.  

Nearis

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:47 am

*-People ask how you spent your New Years/Christmas Eve/Halloween/etc and you excitedly reply, "Polishing my rapier!"
-If you're in a room and someone needs duct tape (SCA or non-related), there's never any questions-everyone just looks straight at you.
-Your secretary gets calls asking for the King/Queen and she doesn't say anything, just rolls her eyes and forwards the call to your line.
-You catch yourself eyeing your grandmother's brocade curtains and thinking, "Wow, that'd make a great doublet!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 am

...you get home from an event and find yourself walking into doors because you've grown so accustomed to them being opened for you.

...you worry about getting pulled over on the way home from a friend's house--not because you've been drinking, but because you smell like a brewery after helping to bottle a new batch of beer, so the cop will probably not /believe/ you haven't been drinking!

...you find yourself curtseying or bowing when being introduced to someone mundanely.

...you know what to do with a cloven fruit.  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:11 am
-When you bump into someone on the street you find yourself saying, "Oh, pardon me milord/milady"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:14 pm
*-your grad year, you had only one request for your birthday, and one for grad, gift-wise-A copy of the full works of Shakespeare and a new sword.
*-You got both.  

Arithrel
Crew

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:28 pm

...your mom buys you a velvet bedspread and the first thing you can think of is, "Oh, that would make a GORGEOUS dress.... and it's got fringe! Built-in trim! Score!!"

...it really /does/ make a gorgeous dress, and yes, the fringe does in fact make great trim.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff