Reply SCA Guild
Sword and Shield UNLOCKED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:55 pm
Finally. I put enough training and practice into it, I passed my authorization at Defending the Gate, in time to actually join my barony in the bridge battle and capture the flag. I got a lot of support and upbeat comments on my fighting, even though I know for a fact I didnt kill anyone and was just sort of fodder, but I had a blast and I cant wait for my next event.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:57 pm
Thats usually how its starts. And wether or not you like being fotter kind of determens if your gonna keep fighting. ^.^  

Felix OFlyn

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:45 pm
It was pretty fun doing the countercharges and stuff during the bridge battles, I got a lot of back up and all the guys there where helping me to get into place and telling me what to do.

The first charge was the best one, the enemy team came rushing at us with their shields and I was told to countercharge, so I pushed forward and we bounced them off our shields, the guy across from me decided to try and push again a couple times, the first time I bounced him off my shield but I stumbled back a bit, so I dug my heels into the dirt and the next time he charged I actually didnt move at all.

From that point on it was mostly just standing still for me since I had one of the biggest shields and I was literally front and center in our shield wall, I put my sword over my shield to protect my face from spears and let our spear guys and our crossbowman do their jobs. It was amazing!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:17 am
[Shall.We.Blaspheme]
It was pretty fun doing the countercharges and stuff during the bridge battles, I got a lot of back up and all the guys there where helping me to get into place and telling me what to do.

The first charge was the best one, the enemy team came rushing at us with their shields and I was told to countercharge, so I pushed forward and we bounced them off our shields, the guy across from me decided to try and push again a couple times, the first time I bounced him off my shield but I stumbled back a bit, so I dug my heels into the dirt and the next time he charged I actually didnt move at all.

From that point on it was mostly just standing still for me since I had one of the biggest shields and I was literally front and center in our shield wall, I put my sword over my shield to protect my face from spears and let our spear guys and our crossbowman do their jobs. It was amazing!

Yeah I was in the middle of a sheild wall in a gate. At one point I was barried in dead bodies ^.^ It was good times.

I block my face with my sord basket too. It works so well.  

Felix OFlyn

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:34 pm
The last time I fought in a melee it was 10 man teams. I was one of the 5 with shield. Unfortunately at the end my team was decimated. The other team had 6 left. Those 6 versus me.

I think I legged one before they clubbed me like a baby harp seal.

I didn't think it was possible for 6 men to hit you at once. But they proved they could. It was nearly simultaneous. 1 to each leg. 1 to each arm and 1 to either side of my head. This is after they all took shots at my shield to show me what was about to happen.

*grins* It was fun but I still have 6 men whom I owe for that day. And each will get his in the end.  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games