SCA Photos Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:21 pm
I thought we could use a thread for SCA photos! I love taking pictures at events, though sadly I don't have many here with me now, but here's a few to share anyways. (For anyone interested, all four of these are from the tavern battles at last years' Clinton War! Come to Clinton! /CCA)

User Image

Resting between Tavern Battles. Leaning against the pole is myself (Illyria) with two gentles I don't recognize with masks on. lol. I believe they're from the Madrone area.

User Image

Preparing for the "Lay on!" during a tavern battle. (Me again...lol)

User Image

Another break between battles. The 'half a lady' on the far left is Lady Tabytha Morgan, the two lords in the centre are Lord Richarde Touchet and Don Pierce O'Briain (then Queen's Rapier Champion, hence the cloak) and leaning on a pole to the far right is Taryn Drakkar (and I am positive I spelled his name wrong lol). I don't recognize the others in the photo.

User Image

Lady Tabytha Morgan, Illyria, and Argan taking a break between battles.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:50 pm
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!  

Groovy Spleen

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:57 pm
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

Yay!!! Gimme the when, where, and your SCA name (because I'm sure that if I go around asking for Groovy Spleen, people will totally look at me like I lost it working as a nanny for a year lol) and we should get together or something. I'm going up on the 28th. [I also posted about the war in the Event Announcements thread lol]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:06 pm
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

Yay!!! Gimme the when, where, and your SCA name (because I'm sure that if I go around asking for Groovy Spleen, people will totally look at me like I lost it working as a nanny for a year lol) and we should get together or something. I'm going up on the 28th. [I also posted about the war in the Event Announcements thread lol]

I dont know for sure if Im going this year, (I missed last year)

...Errm, and I don't yet have an SCA name, sweatdrop
If I do go I'll probably be with a Dana McCormick however  

Groovy Spleen

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:19 pm
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

Awwww. I hope you go this year. lol. Let me know when you know if you'll be there. And no name is fine too. lol. smile You can generally find me bouncing around the rapier fighters and the dancers, I'm not too difficult to find. smile At night I'll probably be fire hopping, though I like to hang out at the Dew Drop Inn, the encampment of my friends the Drakkars.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:26 pm
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

Awwww. I hope you go this year. lol. Let me know when you know if you'll be there. And no name is fine too. lol. smile You can generally find me bouncing around the rapier fighters and the dancers, I'm not too difficult to find. smile At night I'll probably be fire hopping, though I like to hang out at the Dew Drop Inn, the encampment of my friends the Drakkars.

I will definately look for you, and get in touch with you when I know whether or not I'm going!
I for certain want to go this year, it's just the fact that if the people I usually go with decide not to... it's quite a long way. And also, Dana McCormick has all the garb, I just have a cloak. So if she doesn't go, I'll be running around naked.  

Groovy Spleen

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:32 pm
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

I will definately look for you, and get in touch with you when I know whether or not I'm going!
I for certain want to go this year, it's just the fact that if the people I usually go with decide not to... it's quite a long way. And also, Dana McCormick has all the garb, I just have a cloak. So if she doesn't go, I'll be running around naked.

lol. Who else do you go with? I don't know Dana McCormick, but I might know some of the others. And also, where are you coming from? I'm in Lions Gate (well okay, *technically* it's Eisenmarche, but it's close enough lol) and if you're stuck for garb I've got lots. lol. *Doesn't want anyone to miss Clinton if she can help it* It is indeed a long way though...hate the drive through the Fraser Canyon. It's gorgeous, but the damn windyness makes me kinda sick. sad I have to get all doped up on Gravol. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:53 pm
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

lol. Who else do you go with? I don't know Dana McCormick, but I might know some of the others. And also, where are you coming from? I'm in Lions Gate (well okay, *technically* it's Eisenmarche, but it's close enough lol) and if you're stuck for garb I've got lots. lol. *Doesn't want anyone to miss Clinton if she can help it* It is indeed a long way though...hate the drive through the Fraser Canyon. It's gorgeous, but the damn windyness makes me kinda sick. sad I have to get all doped up on Gravol. lol

Somewhere in the Tir Righ area (which is a big area)
Near the British COlumbia/ Alberta border

I'm pretty new to the SCA scene, so I don't really know anyone other than her yet. rofl  

Groovy Spleen

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:56 pm
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
Arithrel
Groovy Spleen
CLINTON WAR!?!??!

I GO THERE!

Somewhere in the Tir Righ area (which is a big area)
Near the British COlumbia/ Alberta border

I'm pretty new to the SCA scene, so I don't really know anyone other than her yet. rofl

lol, that's cool. smile Bwahaha...newbie.... twisted Alright, sounds like you're a bit away from me. I'm in Vancouver (well, near it).  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:59 pm
Y'know, I just thought of this.... I dunno how it is in other kingdoms, but in Calontir they've really been cracking down on posting pictures and stuff online unless all the folks in the photos have given permission for it. I think it was a decree handed down from the BoD, to stave off potential lawsuit fodder.... So please, try to keep your pics limited to pics of yourselves if you can, so's we don't get into trouble.

Thanks. smile

(Yeahyeah, I know, I'm no fun at all. I had to have it surgically removed when I became a Seneschal. razz )  

Imzy
Crew

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:24 pm
Well, since our old thread will probably fizzle away to nothingness now that we have the guild.... I'll repost the post I made there, with the pictures of Gaijin32 and I. It was his suggestion, so I don't think permission is a problem. wink

Imzy
While we're on the topic of garb and pictures and such.... here's a couple of Gaijin32 and I. He's wearing a Scottish kilt (mmmmm... I loves me a man in a kilt... heart ) and shirt that his dad made, and a cloak that I made for him. In one pic I'm wearing what I call my 'Scottish-ish' garb, which is basically a six-panel skirt made out of plaid material, a white chemise, and another length of the fabric wrapped 'round me and pinned in place. In the other I'm wearing the red velvet Italian Ren dress that I mentioned earlier in the thread. (Believe it or not the red velvet dress is alternatively known as the bedspread dress, because it was made out of a red velvet bedspread my mom got for me at a thrift store for a dollar. smile )

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:45 pm
Ahhhh, memories. I loved that event. And the few days after it, too. wink  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:06 am
Awwwwwwwwwwww. Now aren't you two just the cutest things? lol

Seriously, though, all seriousness aside...great garb! Imzy, I *love* the second gown.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:53 am
Arithrel

Seriously, though, all seriousness aside...great garb! Imzy, I *love* the second gown.

*beams* Thank you. I'm rather proud of it.. it's the most elaborate thing I've ever attempted. Its loosely based off of a Simplicity pattern I found... except that the original was solid in front with a zipper back, and... well. I just couldn't have that. So I flipped it around and cut the back piece on a fold and did the front in two halves so that I could dress myself instead of needing someone to do up the back for me. smile Really, the only pattern pieces I used were for the bodice and the sleeves. The skirt my friend and I improvised, with a big rectangle of fabric and some cartridge pleating in back and on the sides to give the skirt a bit of fullness and drape. Then I made a chemise with big poofy sleeves so they'd puff through between the tied-on oversleeves (as you can see, I overdid it a wee bit), and a simple drawstring underskirt. The underskirt is actually reversible. There's the side you see in the photo, that looks kinda satiny, and then there's another side that's like a woven, brocade-y looking fabric with vines on it, that's also really pretty and kind of a yellowish gold color.

I just did another dress in the same style that's kind of almost heraldic (my SCA name is Alyna of Four Pines Hyll), with a black bodice embroidered with little green pine trees and silver stars, that laces in front, and a green velveteen skirt, with a silvery-white underskirt. Oh, and lots and lots of green and silver trim. It turned out really, really nice. I haven't done sleeves or anything for it yet, but soon I'll have a pic to post of it because i wore it to the event on Saturday. I just have to get out to walmart to have my digital photos transferred to disk, because my firewire cable is fubared.  

Imzy
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:06 am
Imzy
Arithrel

*beams* Thank you. I'm rather proud of it.. it's the most elaborate thing I've ever attempted. Its loosely based off of a Simplicity pattern I found... except that the original was solid in front with a zipper back, and... well. I just couldn't have that. So I flipped it around and cut the back piece on a fold and did the front in two halves so that I could dress myself instead of needing someone to do up the back for me. smile Really, the only pattern pieces I used were for the bodice and the sleeves. The skirt my friend and I improvised, with a big rectangle of fabric and some cartridge pleating in back and on the sides to give the skirt a bit of fullness and drape. Then I made a chemise with big poofy sleeves so they'd puff through between the tied-on oversleeves (as you can see, I overdid it a wee bit), and a simple drawstring underskirt. The underskirt is actually reversible. There's the side you see in the photo, that looks kinda satiny, and then there's another side that's like a woven, brocade-y looking fabric with vines on it, that's also really pretty and kind of a yellowish gold color.

I just did another dress in the same style that's kind of almost heraldic (my SCA name is Alyna of Four Pines Hyll), with a black bodice embroidered with little green pine trees and silver stars, that laces in front, and a green velveteen skirt, with a silvery-white underskirt. Oh, and lots and lots of green and silver trim. It turned out really, really nice. I haven't done sleeves or anything for it yet, but soon I'll have a pic to post of it because i wore it to the event on Saturday. I just have to get out to walmart to have my digital photos transferred to disk, because my firewire cable is fubared.

Wow, it sounds brilliant! I can't wait to see it. I'll have to get a full-frontal picture of me in my prom dress-my mom made it, not me, but it's amazing too. It's an italian ren gown in dark purple raw silk with a bronzey gold of the same fabric trimming the skirt and on the tie-on sleeves.

I really, really need to learn to sew. lol.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff