Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:58 pm
What is his plan for our lives?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 pm
I think it might be for us to be good people, no holy deity wants to war, hatred, seperation, but it occurs and so we have bad things, death, disease, hunger, homless...
Also it's to show compassion for others, Karma may be a buddhist teaching but it is real, think of when you acted badly to someone, then think about the time that followed. It seemed you were punished, they wanted you to act differentley with a better response, it was a test if you will.
this is what I believe at least.

Oprahs Va_Jay_Jay

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:18 am
The overall commandment is this:
Quote:

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what [is] good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

As for Karma being a Buddhist teaching, I believe it is a universal thing ^^ It's one of the laws of God, and He would have put it in all our hearts. It is mentioned in the Bible here:

Quote:
Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

David said His word is a lamp unto his feet and a light unto his path...on a moonless night, people could hurt themselves walking around in the dark. Holding a lamp wouldn't light the place up like the sun would, but it provides enough illumination so you can see to take the next step. That way you won't run into a tree or fall off a cliff.

I asked because I want to know what is God's will for my life, but just by writing this response, it is evident that I only know the next step and not the whole life path...as soon as I finish the next step, He will show me the one after, and not before it is time. redface  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:30 pm
i think we are put on this earth to praise him and do the right thing.  

Philonious
Crew

Unbeatable Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers