Reply SCA Guild
Infinite Gore cloak pattern

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:34 am
I know, they're as easy as falling off a rock. But how, oh how do I know how much fabric I need?

The cloaks must be 1/2 circle, 65" in length.

Help!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:25 pm
I'm afraid I don't know - but I refuse to let your thread die until someone else more expirienced in sewing can help you! 3nodding 4laugh  

Naito_Mitsukai

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:28 pm
sweatdrop Im haveing the same problem, I think I have all the material I need, but I dont know how to put it together, that and I cant use a machein to save my life... ok well I cant spell to save my life either. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:00 pm
damnit! I should know this one.
I do remember that a large curtain works awsomely...  

Artimus_Twitch

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:48 pm
Artimus_Twitch
damnit! I should know this one.
I do remember that a large curtain works awsomely...

The infinite gore pattern is semi-circular rather than square like a curtain. That way it'll hang right and flare out when the horsemen run or ride.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 pm
oh I know that much.
But you lay the curtian open on the ground, messure how ever long you want it to be and make the half circle from that messurement...
I never ment that you actually just use the square curtain confused

Just need a big piece of seamless fabric really.  

Artimus_Twitch

Lady Pole

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:41 am
I hope you get a better answer than this, but here goes

Infinite gore means sewing together many triangular pieces, and I can't help you there, but here's a link that might help
Infinite Gore Skirt Instructions with Photos

If you want to use a single piece of fabric cut into a semi-circle, you will need a piece of fabric 65 inches wide by 130 inches (4 and two-thirds yards) long. To both dimensions, add some for a hem appropriate to the fabric or limited by the widths available. Not many fabrics come that wide. I don't know if you can find a curtain with those dimensions unless you sew several panels together.
These sites might be useful:

Circular Cloaks

Semi-Circular Cloak Pattern

More simple cloaks - no measurements

Good luck and please let us know how it works out!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:28 pm
Lady Pole
I hope you get a better answer than this, but here goes

Infinite gore means sewing together many triangular pieces, and I can't help you there, but here's a link that might help
Infinite Gore Skirt Instructions with Photos

If you want to use a single piece of fabric cut into a semi-circle, you will need a piece of fabric 65 inches wide by 130 inches (4 and two-thirds yards) long. To both dimensions, add some for a hem appropriate to the fabric or limited by the widths available. Not many fabrics come that wide. I don't know if you can find a curtain with those dimensions unless you sew several panels together.
These sites might be useful:

Circular Cloaks

Semi-Circular Cloak Pattern

More simple cloaks - no measurements

Good luck and please let us know how it works out!

Perfectly! Well, almost. They were a bit longer than we wanted and the red one looks a little super-hero-ish. But that's the fault of the tailors and not of the pattern. sweatdrop  

Courtesan Brigitte

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff