Reply SCA Guild
Persona Check Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BladeDeSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:05 pm
(Sorry if this was already a topic, I did not check the other pages.)

Heya everyone, I thought it would be neat to share your persona or any tips you had. Cause lets face it, sometimes it could be a pain in the butt to come with ideas, hopefully we can learn a bit from eachother and have fun!

I started out as William The Bloody, just a name I picked when I got my fighter card. So after a while I picked a persona, one that couldnt possibly use the name William. So now I changed it to Lucius Cassius Severus and you guessed it, I'm a Roman. The Roman Empire is kind of like a cheat code... You could be from a number of places and still be Roman. You could use different weapons and armor and still be Roman. So really it gives you a wide range of flexibility when developing your persona and what you can use, so really it makes it easier in some ways.

Anyways, I'll post more details later, I also have a great number of links to pages that should be a great help to anyone who is interested in a roman persona. Enjoy.
Lucius  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:37 pm
Well, I posted mine in the introductory thing. But, I'll explain it better here.

Let us start with my mother. Her father was a trader. He sailed form one port and bought goods to bring to and sell at another. When he got old, she took up the trade. From port ot port she sails, selling and trading. Over a while she made a good name for herself.

Then, she found an orphan. Her maternal instincs kicked in and she decided to adopt and take care of the little girl. Then again, she found another girl and took care of her too.

My father was an English ambassador. One time, he brought me along with him to Germany. Sadly, he was not a very rich ambassador and could not take care of me. So my father gave me to my uncle Master Ernst (Uncle Ernie/Master Ernst... Some long German name I think...) because he had not the money to take care of me. Now, what was he to do with a little girl no more than six? Well, he heard of my mother and what she had done. So, he handed me to her and I've been with her ever since.

Since my mother is a trader, I can wear clothes from practically anywhere in the 14 century.

Ta da?

kittywingz

BladeDeSoul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:33 pm
kittywingz
Well, I posted mine in the introductory thing. But, I'll explain it better here.

Let us start with my mother. Her father was a trader. He sailed form one port and bought goods to bring to and sell at another. When he got old, she took up the trade. From port ot port she sails, selling and trading. Over a while she made a good name for herself.

Then, she found an orphan. Her maternal instincs kicked in and she decided to adopt and take care of the little girl. Then again, she found another girl and took care of her too.

My father was an English ambassador. One time, he brought me along with him to Germany. Sadly, he was not a very rich ambassador and could not take care of me. So my father gave me to my uncle Master Ernst (Uncle Ernie/Master Ernst... Some long German name I think...) because he had not the money to take care of me. Now, what was he to do with a little girl no more than six? Well, he heard of my mother and what she had done. So, he handed me to her and I've been with her ever since.

Since my mother is a trader, I can wear clothes from practically anywhere in the 14 century.

Ta da?

Very niceeeeeee. Good way to work every angle!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:08 pm
My personna is mostly working from my place in my hane. Er, my household.
Ælfthryth (my mundane name is Kathryne, I just wound up typing, "AElfthryne") the cat is the youngest daughter of Lady Arastorm the golden, a widowed woman, and current head of Stormgard. We're Angelian, 7th century anglo-saxons. (Sutton-ho? How is that spelled?)

And, from a purely personnic point of view, I Aelfthryth has one sister, their father is dead, and two young men have suddenly joined their household. *Raises eyebrows* Something's going on here...

((Basically, my personna came from me wanting in on the game my parents were playing))
(Edit: I have no idea what was up with the double post, sorry.)  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:29 am
Mine is not very creative... its pretty much just a time, place and name...
But I started as mid 15th centural itaillian named Zora Machiavelli. My foster father in the SCA's name is Dante Machiavelli so me and my sister Ieda took his last name.
Yet now I have been taken into a Viking household... and I pretty much just dress in viking clothes... yet still go by the name Zora. O_o;
So I am a viking with a itaillian name... whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:56 am
Vikings! Vikings everywhere! Alright, where the bloody gauls and celts...lol There is another Roman in our shire and we work really hard to convert others to the glory of rome. We tell one the three vikings that they have to throw down their uncivilized ways and submit to being incorperated into the empire. Hehe.  

BladeDeSoul

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 am
Blade. Forget it. We don't do civilized. We do civilized in though.

My persona is alot more indepth. Spend alot of time doing research.

I am Snaebjorn Hakonarson, called Bjorn Swiftaxe. Born in the Fljotsdale of Iceland in 997. Father died in a raid and his mother died in childbirth. A local smith named Hakon Thorvaldsson raised him. Snaebjorn took his name out of love and respect.

At the age of 16 Snaebjorn went on a raid. One of the last to hit the Irish coasts. During the battle he was wounded but survived thanks to the help of others. After returning home with little treasure to show for it Snaebjorn decided to try another way to make his fortune. He traveled with a merchant who sold some of Hakon's goods in the far reaches of Hedeby.

It was in Hedeby that Snaebjorn made his fortune as a smith and a merchant. During his life he took several trips to Miklegard (Constantinople). He married at the age of 19 and lived his life happily with his wife. Their home was well cared for as Snaebjorn, like any rich norseman, kept a thrall or two.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:07 pm
I am Alessandra deSimone of Venice.

. . . and that's all I've got so far. whee

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Dea Mariella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Hmm...persona play! I haven't done too much to developing my persona; I mostly hang with my friends in the Barony. But, as it stands, I am Dona Dea Mariella di Cesere. Although, I would love to get a laurel, to be Maestra Dea Mariella. I just think that's a prettier title. biggrin

I am, obviously, Italian, from Florence, and early 15th Century. Although, as I only have one Italian Ren. outfit (with many more planned!) I generally dress in English wench garb.

The best thing I love about being Florentine, is lots and lots of pearls! Not to mention, early Renaissance elsewhere was quite constricting...even in some of the city-states. But Florence was quite free in their sumptuary laws, and the women got to (*gasp) bare their bosoms! biggrin

I got the idea for di Cesere by looking up random Italians, and liked the name of Cesere Borgia before I found out who he was...oops!

Dea-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:12 am
Well, I know I've told my story a time or two, but here we go again for those who don't know.

My name is Illecfar Bjornson, born in the snow-white winters of Norway, deep in the mountains near Morde. When I was young I took sick and instantly had a fever. For many a day the midwife thought i'd die, but by the grace of Frigga, my fever broke and I lived.
I grew up strong and stout, if not a bit on the short side. I worked as a blacksmith's apprentice to my father, Bjorn Hargier. I had two siblings, Wulfgar and Frey, my mothers name was Hildr Sviensdotter.
I was told when I was young that my family was saved by a Russian named Elexi Lovtsevich while my parents traveled from Morde to Hofn from highwaymen. My father swore to the traveler that his next son would be named after him, and thus I was called Elexi for short.
My brother went a Viking many times, always comming back with treasures and plunder from far off lands, while I stayed a blacksmith. For many years I practiced fighting under my grandfather Stiven Stonekicker, though the man was like a second father.
At the battle of Kemmre, Elexi was given the name Stormcrow by Stiven for his actions in the great battle, and was given the old vikings ship as his prize. After this, Elexi chose to leave Morde to become a great Viking like his brother.

Currently, I am a well known Skald in the SCA (thats a norse bard for those who don't know), as well as in command of the proud viking ship the "Vachgier", commander of a mercenary household called the Drakkenguard. We reside in AnTir and boast 69 strong members now.

You will know our members by the shashes we wear, User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

and the flag we fly in our encampment. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Chibbi_Satan

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:17 am
Stiven!! heart heart heart ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:25 pm
Cassius Drusus, Roman Praetorian guard. For me it's a cheat in that I don't want to bother worrying about ettiquette. When your personna is one that would kill emperors if they didn't do their job well you don't need to worry about who to bow to.  

CassiusD

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 pm
Chibbi_Satan
Well, I know I've told my story a time or two, but here we go again for those who don't know.

My name is Illecfar Bjornson, born in the snow-white winters of Norway, deep in the mountains near Morde. When I was young I took sick and instantly had a fever. For many a day the midwife thought i'd die, but by the grace of Frigga, my fever broke and I lived.
I grew up strong and stout, if not a bit on the short side. I worked as a blacksmith's apprentice to my father, Bjorn Hargier. I had two siblings, Wulfgar and Frey, my mothers name was Hildr Sviensdotter.
I was told when I was young that my family was saved by a Russian named Elexi Lovtsevich while my parents traveled from Morde to Hofn from highwaymen. My father swore to the traveler that his next son would be named after him, and thus I was called Elexi for short.
My brother went a Viking many times, always comming back with treasures and plunder from far off lands, while I stayed a blacksmith. For many years I practiced fighting under my grandfather Stiven Stonekicker, though the man was like a second father.
At the battle of Kemmre, Elexi was given the name Stormcrow by Stiven for his actions in the great battle, and was given the old vikings ship as his prize. After this, Elexi chose to leave Morde to become a great Viking like his brother.

Currently, I am a well known Skald in the SCA (thats a norse bard for those who don't know), as well as in command of the proud viking ship the "Vachgier", commander of a mercenary household called the Drakkenguard. We reside in AnTir and boast 69 strong members now.

If you are in AnTir I bet our houeholds have mingled... as we have members all over the place in AnTir a few former kings and queens too.
Yay for the Lost Vikings!
This is the banner we fly, also on alot of our shields:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:33 am
Artimus_Twitch

If you are in AnTir I bet our houeholds have mingled... as we have members all over the place in AnTir a few former kings and queens too.
Yay for the Lost Vikings!
This is the banner we fly, also on alot of our shields:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wonderful! Well have to see if were going to any similar events. 4laugh  

Chibbi_Satan

SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas