Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:18 pm
I need whatever you guys can dig up about Japanese females ^_^ I'm leaning more towards a samurai type persona so if you can find stuff on female samurais that would be great ^_^

Stuff about garb, areas in Japan all that good stuff cuz really all I have now is a name sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:02 am
How would you like to be put in contact with someone who can help you out with nearly every aspect of portraying a female in feudal Japan?

A very respected scholar in the SCA who studies nearly every aspect of feudal japan happens to be a friend of mine and she loves to help people out. She's a bit hard to understand some days because she is so intelligent and doesn't understand others aren't. She can point you in the direction of just about every resource you would need.

If you pm your email addy I can pass it along with your request.  

Snaebjorn

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Snaebjorn
How would you like to be put in contact with someone who can help you out with nearly every aspect of portraying a female in feudal Japan?

A very respected scholar in the SCA who studies nearly every aspect of feudal japan happens to be a friend of mine and she loves to help people out. She's a bit hard to understand some days because she is so intelligent and doesn't understand others aren't. She can point you in the direction of just about every resource you would need.

I have two or three like connections  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:47 am
Snaebjorn

I'd like that acctually ^_^  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:35 pm
I'll pass it along to Solveig Throndarsdottir. She is an amazing woman and one of the most researched people I know. PhD in the study of feudal japan. What she doesn't know she knows others who can help. There isn't much she doesn't know though. *Laughs*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:21 am
Well Dema.....I have to tell you that as a Roman, my Emperor is better than yours! At least I see my Emperor walking the streets in our Empire, not hidden away in some box like yours! domokun

(All of this of course is meant in playful fun, good luck with your persona study!)  

BladeDeSoul

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:19 am
Snaebjorn
I'll pass it along to Solveig Throndarsdottir. She is an amazing woman and one of the most researched people I know. PhD in the study of feudal japan. What she doesn't know she knows others who can help. There isn't much she doesn't know though. *Laughs*
When I read this post, I actually laughed out loud, because she was who I was thinking of as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:33 pm
Fortunately I have a lucky break when it comes to contacting Solveig. She thinks I'm a great person because I actually sit around and talk with her. Not alot of people do that. *laughs* Poor woman is lonely and I always make her feel welcome.  

Snaebjorn

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:20 pm
BladeDeSoul
Well Dema.....I have to tell you that as a Roman, my Emperor is better than yours! At least I see my Emperor walking the streets in our Empire, not hidden away in some box like yours! domokun

(All of this of course is meant in playful fun, good luck with your persona study!)

HAHAHA its all good ^_^  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff