Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
I totally recruted one of my supervisors.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regular Polyhedra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 am
Yesterday after work, I was loitering around a bit, wondering if I could swindle a ride from a friend, when I got into a conversation with one of my supervisors who was sorting papers all by herself.
We're just having one of those rambling convorsations, when I find out that she's a writer who LOVES history. I'm all, "O rly?" and tell her a bit about the SCA, what people do in it, ect. (leaving out the "frat party with a theme" moments it can have), gave her the main website and the Wealdsmere site (since she's in the region) And told her that if she had questions she could ask me, or on the barony website there were email addys of the officers.

I'm kinda excited to see if she gives it a shot, because she looked positively extatic when I told her that some people do illumination. (And I think she'd look lovely in garb.)

Sorry for the post-sploogie-ness, but I had to share with fellow SCAdians.
*Bounces!*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:55 pm
Awesome! heart biggrin

At the moment I'm having to do the 'so slowly you didn't even see it coming' angle on my parents!

They LOVE me being in the SCA - and my mother LOVES making my outfits! (Since I can't sew to save my life - it all works out! I wish her a LOOOOONG LOOOOOONG LOOOOONG healthy life!) 3nodding

But neither my mother nor father want to join themselves! My dad's bought my a knife, and sharpens it regularly for me, and my mom always finds SOMETHING that would be useful or 'historically correct .... looking' sweatdrop rofl

But everytime I tell them they should come they don't want to.
(my dad said something about not wanting to wear tights, and my mom said something about time, and having a hubby to go with)

But - our shire is singing at the mall ... next week? And my mother, father and I are chior singers from church! And my dad's harmonies are just to die for!! whee So since our shire is so small, and not many members actually want to do it, I said I'd try to get my parents to come! twisted

And they decided they couldn't just abandon us poor shirelings! crying all alone and cold in the mall, all by out lonesome! crying

So twisted they went to chior practice tonight, and are coming to the mall with us! 3nodding

You just wait, I'll have them dressed in garb and coming to actual events in no time! heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

The Abortionater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:46 am
dudes! Rock on to the both of ya!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 pm
So far, I've brought in one coworker successfully; he's now authorized in fencing and also does archery. Several others from work have been to demos, and always ask me about how all things SCAdian are going, but I haven't quite enticed them to events yet...  

Nerienda

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:59 am
Heh. I've been recruiting a friend from work while trying to AVOID talking about the SCA around another co-worker. He's really into this kind of thing, but he's extremely creepy and has had action against him for sexual harassment. mer. Kinda difficult to pass around photos from the last event when I don't want him to find out that I'm involved in the SCA...  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games