Yes. He's pretty much awesome ^^
  I like him but, he's not a favorite of mine
  Meh. I really don't care for him
  Don't like him at all
  other....
View Results

GAZE_smuggler_Smoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:40 am
Ok. Well, I don't know about all you peoples but Zahi Hawass is the man you could probably say is my idol. I simply adore him! *Not like that, but..* I just think the things he's done in the fields of archaeology, and egyptology are astounding! But, I am well aware that there is a lot of controversey around him. There are critics out there who have illy formed opinions about him. They consider him to be selfish, arrogant, overly-involved, etc. So, I wanna kno, what do YOU all think about him? Post your opinions here. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:27 pm
*nodds head in agreement* Yup. I liek him as well. He's not directly my favorite, but I like him above most other egyptologists. I don't like it very much though when they slander his name. It's almost a little unnecessary. I mean, he can't help that he JUST HAPPENS to be good at what he does, and that he's famous. Jeeze? It must be soo horrible.... stare  

Kagome_San735

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 am
Gosh I've never heard of him before, what did he discovery?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:51 am
Oh yes! Dr. Zahi!!!! He's the Undersecretary of the State of the Giza Monuments right? He has quite a lot of experience under his belt, and has made many findings, none of which I can remember at the moment, but one of the biggest he took part in was the excavation of the Valley of the golden mummies. blaugh *I read that book, and it was awesome!!!!*  

MayukoSan33

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm
I like his enthusiasm- it's fun to watch him speak.^_^ He clearly loves doing what he's doing and that's important! As far as egyptology goes, well I haven't really read much of his stuff. Most of the time that I've seen him he's doing soundbites or commentary on other shows, and he's just bouncing around all over the place trying to get his ideas across, lol. The only one where I really saw enough of his actual thoughts on a matter to make a judgement was when he was speaking about Budge, and I ended up not agreeing with him. My favorites for now would be Eric Hornung for general egyptology and James P. Allen for linguistics (but I haven't yet read Hoch, so I reserve the right to change my mind later on wink ).  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:29 am
i have to say ever since i saw dr.zahi hawass on 'the valley of the golden mummies' he's been sort of my idol sweatdrop he's so passionate about his work,he cried with joy when he brought a pharoh back from america,and he's so dedicated  

LabTech27

Nightachel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:52 pm
I have a lot of respect for Dr. Hawass. He has done a lot of good things for the field of egyptolgoy and has enthusiasm for what he dose.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:00 pm
I think that Dr. Zahi Hawass's official title is something like the director of Egyptian antiquities. I think that means that excavation can only be done with his permission and supervision. I think he's really great and contributed a lot to our knowledge of Egypt today. biggrin biggrin  

Anknest Ra Horakhty

Rennie`
Captain

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:12 am
Anknest Ra Horakhty
I think that Dr. Zahi Hawass's official title is something like the director of Egyptian antiquities. I think that means that excavation can only be done with his permission and supervision. I think he's really great and contributed a lot to our knowledge of Egypt today. biggrin biggrin
Ow now I know who he is!!

He's on the TV alot isn't he? One time he was in the pyramids in 2004 and he got a team of people to create a robot to put up a shaft which goes out of the pyramid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.El Moo...

YERS
i heard of him
and always see him on mummy shows..
like when they excavate things n stuffs.
o:
he is so awsome.
i love the way he speaks,
so enthusiastic. (sp?)

...<3 egypt User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

El Moo

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:13 pm
I like him... he really interesting to hear talk......  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:55 pm
I like him so much, not only as an inspiration and psuedo-mentor, but as someone who I swear acts like my grandfather. He's everywhere at once, very passionate at what he does, and he's got that certain fwa (sound effect for something I can't explain without waving hands in demonstration) that makes you pay attention to him, but in a good way.  

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

Dark_Lady_Jade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm
I want to meet him.

But with my luck, he'll die before I get the chance.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:30 pm
I found his web site
Zahi Hawass Web site

it has a loooooot of things so ytou can learn many things XP  

KKIIDDAA

innocentinfidel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:29 pm
I'd love to meet him one day and pick his brain. He must know so much!  
The Lounge

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff