View Results

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 pm
I have a deep love of British culture and history. I'd love to chat with someone from any part of England or Wales. I thought it would be twice as cool to talk to a fellow scadian living in one of these countries.

Myself, I am living in the Kingdom of Northshield. Mundane local: Wisconsin, U.S.A.

My persona is a 14th century woman who's family is from Northumbria, England but she currently lives in London, home of her decesed husband's family.

I am currently attending class at a local university, but after I'm doing with schooling I'll be saving my money to go to England.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:37 pm
My persona is English/German, but alas... I'm hailing from An Tir.

I have, however, camped with a man from Drachenwald... who was subsequently shaved bald and fed oysters by my rapier instructor. Right fun, he was.

He was the only person from Drachenwald at the entire event...flies over from England every year to party with us at Clinton.  

TheSteven

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:50 pm
I'm not from the UK, but I've been to England. It's lovely. If you ever get an opportunity, go to Warwick castle... they have reenactors (way more hardcore than SCAdians, I think) that are pretty awesome, and the castle is lovely.

I went to Stratford-upon-Avon, London, Canturbury, meandered around the Cotswolds, and saw Avebury, stonehenge, and this really ancient stone bridge. Freaking awesome.

Remeber: I found no waterfountains except ONE at the Tower of London, and water is expensive, but you need to keep hydrated because if you don't you will, like I did, have many fountaining nose bleeds in the middle of Indian and Thai restaurants. Talk about embarasment.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:29 am
While I no longer live there, I spent a good many of my childhood years in Drachenwald. Primarily Scotland, but I did get to go to England and my family was heavily involved in the S.C.A. there. On my fathers side, I am Scottish, mother, French/English.

My last name is McCollum, grandmothers side Sutherland, and I have a lot of pride over my Scottish heritage, I was lucky to live in my native country.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them for you. Heh! Just don't expect me to gush over the English >.> My favorite graffiti of all time is still "Kill the English" as seen on a store wall passed whilest on the train.  

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff