Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Future Representative

Invisible Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:27 pm
User Image

Well, I saw that there were a few other discussion threads, but didn't see one about books, and I nearly fell out of my chair. So I decided to make a Book Discussion for le guild biggrin .

-Discussions-

*Discuss what books you're reading
*Whats the current popular genere of books
*Favorite Author
*Help others find a book or series they might be interested in.
*Why/Why not, you like a certain genere or book you're currently reading or have read in the past.

Current Popular Genere:
Undiscust: Discuss so I may put one here (:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 pm
hmm, i ususally dont read, but i do like a good scifi or fantasy type book

does manga count as a book?  

Sliph

Future Representative

Invisible Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:49 pm
Sliph
hmm, i ususally dont read, but i do like a good scifi or fantasy type book

does manga count as a book?
Yup, I myself probably read more manga than any other type/style of book. I'm working on Angels Sanctuary right now, but I did just finish a reg. book called "The Genesis of Cosmos". I'm in a way fascinated with the Cosmos and Astronomy ideas and theorys.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:26 pm
yay for manga! ...i think the last one i started reading was Love Hina but i never finished it. I usually end up watching whatever i cant read  

Sliph

Future Representative

Invisible Gawker

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:58 pm
Sliph
yay for manga! ...i think the last one i started reading was Love Hina but i never finished it. I usually end up watching whatever i cant read
Bleh, yup, I did that with the inuyasha series, even though I read it all too >_>, but I like to see movies of what I read, puts it in more perspectie(sp?) ya know?

*On a side note, I didn't know Love Hina had a show on tv*

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:40 am
Yeah, Love Hina does have an anime, but it isn't anywhere as good as the manga. My friend has all 14 books, and they rock! It's probably my favorite manga series.

The book I'm reading right now is This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. He's a Christian author, and the book is kind of a battle between angels and demons over this one town. It's really good 3nodding  

XmasTree

Future Representative

Invisible Gawker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:11 pm
XmasTree
Yeah, Love Hina does have an anime, but it isn't anywhere as good as the manga. My friend has all 14 books, and they rock! It's probably my favorite manga series.

The book I'm reading right now is This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. He's a Christian author, and the book is kind of a battle between angels and demons over this one town. It's really good 3nodding
That's the topic/story line I like to read. angels and deamons battling it out xD.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:14 pm
Disociative Identity Disorder case books. Like I just finished one called First Person Plural. That was a GOOD book. It was sad, disturbing and breath-taking all at once. Even horrifying. Really makes you think.
It IS a true story.  

CpainsorVio7

Future Representative

Invisible Gawker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:16 pm
CpainsorVio7
Disociative Identity Disorder case books. Like I just finished one called First Person Plural. That was a GOOD book. It was sad, disturbing and breath-taking all at once. Even horrifying. Really makes you think.
It IS a true story.
Theres a story like that, except for it's not a Identity Case book, it's about The Camps during the Holocaust, won the nobel prize, it's called "Night". It's a true story as well, and the guy who wrote it, was actually a survivor.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:18 pm
Eh, I like DID books cause they are psychological. Reading about the holocaust actually makes me sick to my stomach like I'm going to throw up. I have trouble stomaching things like that.

brb. I'm going to take a bath ^_^  

CpainsorVio7

CpainsorVio7

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:19 pm
back xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:08 pm
CpainsorVio7
Eh, I like DID books cause they are psychological. Reading about the holocaust actually makes me sick to my stomach like I'm going to throw up. I have trouble stomaching things like that.

brb. I'm going to take a bath ^_^

Yea, I was never up to reading those books either. I actually have visited some interesting places though, like Anne Franks house. That was pretty neat. But that kind of reading was never too enjoyable for me.....
Bye the way, thanks for the bath notice xp : )
As for what I have/like to read, I have no real bounds. I have read things from Harry Potter to Shakespeare to The Divinci Code to How to open and run a Restaurant. But my Favorite things are the Fantasy books. Harry Potter was great, but The Lord of the Rings series was excellent as well. Also things by Micheal Crichton, wow, that man can hold you in suspense! I love it. But this is a "discussion" thread, so does anyone have a book or series they would like to "discuss"?  

Sutefan

Blessed Blade

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:36 pm
This is a GREAT idea!

I love Manga. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:40 pm
Blessed Blade
This is a GREAT idea!

I love Manga. ninja

hmmmmm, thanks. But of course, you chose a topic I am severly unlearned in....... sorry : (  

Sutefan

XmasTree

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:50 pm
What would you guys say is the coolest Sci-Fi book you've ever read? Mine would have to be Ender's Game. I've read that book like three times, and each time it was fantastic. Orson Scott Card is such a great author.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff