Submit

what do you miss the most?
  the sand box and nap time
  how you didn't have any respnsibilities
  how time didn't pass as fast
View Results

SweetPoizon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:32 pm
Its sad how things change so fast... makes me think of being a kid again.
what do you remember as a kid?
what do you miss the most?

when we were kids all that mattered was being able to get the cookie from the cookie jar, playing in the sandbox with your new shiny pail and being tucked in safe at night by our moms and dads.
....then we got a little older and learned how to tie ours shoes and ride a bike.... we just thought we were sooo cool then razz
we learned that we could be both fascinated and horrified by the world in equal parts.
Then 5 turned in to 13
You start to see everything and its somehow soo different from before.
going to school making new friends. meeting the boy/girl of your dreams......*ha fall over laughing*
13 became 16 who would of that that 3 years made such a big difference....
yay we could drive for the 1st time stay out late with our friends....do stupid things that we thought made us sooo cool. all we wanted was to be 18 or 21 so we could get in the club without the fake id *cough*
18 hits hmmm just another day....... you look around only to learn that in time the people you thought were friends were nothing more then a picture in a box full of memories.
21 yay you can drink but hmmm now that its ok to do it well wheres the fun in that......
23.....OMG when did I get so old *tear*

Id love to go back to the time where we dreamed of that cute guy on that big white horse saving the day and living happily ever after.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:40 pm
As much as I miss those days, I do not wish to go back. I can remember the milestones, like first kiss first time I got to punch my brother and not get into trouble for it, awww that one was sweet, no offense guys but some brothers were jerks. mrgreen  

SydneySkye
Crew

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 pm
Being a child was really wonderful, but even though my life gets pretty stressful, I love it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:33 am
Sometimes I wish I'd have the chance of being a child again... life felt so much easier back then...  

the_nurf

Todeskaefer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:45 am
My two-year-old nephew is at the age where he's endlessly fascinated by the world around him. It seems almost tragic that one of these days he's gonna grow up to be an adult and realize that most things really aren't all that interesting  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:45 pm
Todeskaefer
My two-year-old nephew is at the age where he's endlessly fascinated by the world around him. It seems almost tragic that one of these days he's gonna grow up to be an adult and realize that most things really aren't all that interesting

Awe, sad thought. Although, if you think about it, it's not the things that are ever interesting, but the people that are interested. As long as he is good natured and easily amused he can remain interested in those things. Even as an adult!  

hapahaole

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:09 pm
I grew up in the 80's and early 90's. I never had internet when I was in high school even. The WWW hadn't been invented yet. That's only been since 1993! I remember my 1st computer. It was the VIC 20. Was fun at the time, but it's antiquated. I remember Pac-Man, MTV had MUSIC, the novelty of the internet. The Challenger disaster, Rubix Cubes, Records (those plastic ones), the novelty of the CD player when it came out, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:02 pm
I've always looked older, so grew up a little faster. I was too mature until I joined. Believe it or not, I've dematured, if thats a word. I don't regret missing out on some of the junk that was being a kid, but I don't think I'll ever truly grow up now.  

Archangel Lionheart

Cheri Baby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:43 am
I can remember 8 track tapes seeing I had one in my first car. I miss being a child but I enjoy my children the most right now. I love seeing my 6 year old discover new things. I love the 14 year old telling my she has a boyfriend and she thought she would be in trouble for it. She wasn't!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:42 pm
I remember when Oregon Trail was the coolest computer game ever. lol

In some ways, I miss being a kid. You never realize how good you have it until after the time has passed. I wish I had been more carefree and enjoyed the time while it lasted.

Now, time flies by and I just keep getting older. Back in the day, summer lasted forever.

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:37 am
Honestly, I don't even remember growing up. Too long ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:45 am
lightsenshi

Awww, you must remember something!  

Doressa
Captain

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:47 am
Doressa
lightsenshi

That it sucked and I'd rather not go back. It was not a pleasant childhood.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 am
lightsenshi
Doressa
lightsenshi

oh, I'm sorry if I dredged up any nasty memories...  

Doressa
Captain

lightsenshi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:53 am
Doressa
lightsenshi
Doressa
lightsenshi

oh, I'm sorry if I dredged up any nasty memories...

Not particularly, no. No apology needed, I assure you.  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff