Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a combatant?
  Yes
  Sadly no.
View Results

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:13 pm
I just whant to talk to other combatants, and as I am new and still suck maybe get a few pointers ^.^

It seemed like agood Idea at the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:10 pm
In trimarus they let 16 year olds with recomendations go heavy and it is 7 months till I go I am stuck with bofer sad but I h ave house taka stuff to do so it won't be so bad  

godrick the man-at-arms

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:46 pm
The best thing in the world you can do is find someone active locally to help teach you the ropes. A year of practice and a year of guided practice are vastly different, and you'll never believe how fast your skills will develop with the help of a tutor.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:46 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]
The best thing in the world you can do is find someone active locally to help teach you the ropes. A year of practice and a year of guided practice are vastly different, and you'll never believe how fast your skills will develop with the help of a tutor.

I'm mostly just looking for differnt fighters to talk to. I've had fairly good guidence over the last year and soon I'm goin to college and the area I'm goin to has extrodinairy fighters. Kights, Dukes and the sort.  

Felix OFlyn

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:18 pm
I am rather new to combat too.
I am so happy their are... I dont even remember how many knights, I think 6-8ish, just as many vicounts, a few dukes, and a current prince in my household to help me out..
Although right now.. I do light archry.. as I am being really slow with getting my armor finished.. like my chest plate got duct taped on and I had to borrow alot of random bits at the last war...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:32 pm
Kinda new to combat, but I've been boffering for about ten years now, and I'm getting stuck in heavy this Autumn War. -evil grin- I got banned from Whack-a-Knight because I left bruises. I promise I don't Rhino, though!  

[ Hey You! ]

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:26 pm
Artimus_Twitch
I am so happy their are... I dont even remember how many knights, I think 6-8ish, just as many vicounts, a few dukes, and a current prince in my household to help me out..
Although right now.. I do light archry.. as I am being really slow with getting my armor finished.. like my chest plate got duct taped on and I had to borrow alot of random bits at the last war...

All of my armor is hand me down. My brestplate is still loaner but I should be gettig one made soon.

I will soon be moving to go to college and were I'm moving too has lots of knights, at least one duke who has been king about five times and various other bad asses.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:28 pm
[ Hey You! ]
Kinda new to combat, but I've been boffering for about ten years now, and I'm getting stuck in heavy this Autumn War. -evil grin- I got banned from Whack-a-Knight because I left bruises. I promise I don't Rhino, though!

Yah I did a lot of boffing.... nothing ofcail... my freinds and I just made boffers and beat on eatchother. though I did get pretty good. The only skill that really transfer over are with a two handed sword.  

Felix OFlyn

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:27 am
Most armor is hand-me-down in one way or another for the first decade or so of a young fighter's career, because most fighters who start previous to middle age are in college, freshly out of college, heading to college, or otherwise impoverished. Also, pretty new armor lasts longer when it's on people who know how to not get hit. I see a new fighter in new armor as intelligent as putting a fresh-liscenced driver in a brand new car.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:05 am
[Atropa Belladonna]
Most armor is hand-me-down in one way or another for the first decade or so of a young fighter's career, because most fighters who start previous to middle age are in college, freshly out of college, heading to college, or otherwise impoverished. Also, pretty new armor lasts longer when it's on people who know how to not get hit. I see a new fighter in new armor as intelligent as putting a fresh-liscenced driver in a brand new car.

LOL we acctually had a guy fight with us at the last war. He was about 40 but, it was his first event... or fighting experiance.... nice shiny plate from head to toe....

It also happend to be around 100 degrees  

Felix OFlyn

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:08 am
Most of my first suit of armor was entirely loaner gear.

Most of it still -is-. However, luckily for me, I have been able to barter for some things, and I have some money to spend.

The easiest first piece of armor to get for me was the shield. It only cost 80 dollars, I believe, for the aluminum, and then it was a matter of constructing it and painting it.

The rest of my armor I have to fix after -every- practice, or is painful to wear, or just plain uncomfortable.

Incentive to get your own gear smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 am
[Shall.We.Blaspheme]
Most of my first suit of armor was entirely loaner gear.

Most of it still -is-. However, luckily for me, I have been able to barter for some things, and I have some money to spend.

The easiest first piece of armor to get for me was the shield. It only cost 80 dollars, I believe, for the aluminum, and then it was a matter of constructing it and painting it.

The rest of my armor I have to fix after -every- practice, or is painful to wear, or just plain uncomfortable.

Incentive to get your own gear smile

Yah I have finaly moved away from moast of the loaner armor. I still need a brest plate though.  

Felix OFlyn

WarriorNorseWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:37 pm
mostly loaner gear here, but switching out for my own stuff rapidly. I was given a new nickname at this past years 3 saints and a goat as the Human Anti-polearm handgrenade. Here at this coming harvestdays if the doc takes me off restriction I will possibly be fighting 5 on 1 me sword and shield against 5 polearms ((I am gonna get leveled but it will be fun))  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:13 am
Norsedragoon
mostly loaner gear here, but switching out for my own stuff rapidly. I was given a new nickname at this past years 3 saints and a goat as the Human Anti-polearm handgrenade. Here at this coming harvestdays if the doc takes me off restriction I will possibly be fighting 5 on 1 me sword and shield against 5 polearms ((I am gonna get leveled but it will be fun))

Sounds like good times. I'm just about out of loaner armor.... if I can ever get my brestplate finished.... and well I don't much care for polearms... weather I'm fighting them or useing them, though they are quite nice to have behind you ^.^ but thats greate if you've already got a rep for killin polearms.  

Felix OFlyn

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 am
Rial k**e
Artimus_Twitch

All of my armor is hand me down. My brestplate is still loaner but I should be gettig one made soon.

I will soon be moving to go to college and were I'm moving too has lots of knights, at least one duke who has been king about five times and various other bad asses.

You're moving to Coppertree in Aethelmearc?(Upstate New York) We've got Duke Morgan Sherridan, Master Robin Wallace, Vicount Sir Haakon Oaktall, Duchess Rowain du La Garrison, and their squires here. Fight Practice is all about heavy combat, more often than the fencing here. If I ever finish my leather armor, I'll be getting more practice in with Rowain. I can imagine the bruises now.... lol (and I'll laugh really hard if you say yes, that's where you're moving...)  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff