Yes! Very Yes!
  Sometimes
  Not at all
  Never heard of it... sorry
View Results

maicuu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:37 am
Is anyone else watching So You Think You Can Dance question
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I hate reality TV, but have to watch this show every week to see Donyelle & Benji.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:49 pm
I started watching it a few weeks ago with my roommates. I'm a big fan of the tango and hip hop choreographies, but other than that, the rest of the dances are lost on me. Good show though. The only down side is that the judges don't really critique the dance, instead they mainly attack the enthusiasm and energy they put into the dance. I don't think they're that good at all.  

Dafthank

Todeskaefer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:57 pm
This makes me long for the good old days when television actually had entertainment value to it  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:34 pm
Todeskaefer
This makes me long for the good old days when television actually had entertainment value to it

Hey, hold up a sec... the show actually is pretty entertaining. It's interesting to learn about all the different dances and see them in action. And it's not like these are just random joe schmoes off the street learning to do the bootyshake and eating worms for $1,000. These are professional dancers trained in different avenues of modern, foreign, and contempoary styles learning to adapt to another form of dance in a time span of a week in order to NOT look stupid in front of millions of viewers each week.

Again, I think the judges are overly symphathetic, biased, and have limited knowledge about what they are watching, but I do think there is plenty of entertainment value in it, more than most shows out there nowadays.

I'm not trying to burn you or anything, I'm just saying it depends on what people consider entertainment and what ones interests are.

Dafthank

maicuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:08 am
I feel bad when a couple performs a dance style that I just can't appreciate, because of ignorance and genre preference, but no matter what I always enjoy Donyelle & Benji.
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:04 am
I don't really enjoy dancing nor watching it. I think I watched it once or twice last year and there was once judge whose voice was shrill.

What happened to last year's winners? Did they get a good career?  

lunashock

hapahaole

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:42 pm
I've never heard of it before, but you guys make me want to watch it. I LOVE dance! Too bad I don't watch tv anymore. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:16 am
you don't have to watch it on tv, there are some clips online of the show also  

maicuu

maicuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:20 am
I feel so depressed. Allison went home this week and it should have been Natalie. I couldn't even enjoy the fact that Ryan was finally going away, because Allison's leaving made me feel sick.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:48 am
Allison was my FAVORITE. *sob* crying  

Karinx

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Endria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:26 pm
I love this show. This is a guilty pleasure of mine and my gal pals. I'm slightly biased - I'm cheering for Natalie because I'm a Natalie. Not that many of us out there 3nodding

But I hope that Benji or Travis wins it all. I like all the women, but Heidi has been a favorite of mine for some time.  
21+

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games