who?
  the pirate is so hot!
  the big one dosent look good in stalkings
View Results

sillybillychoochoo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:18 pm
pirate i play guitar and doumbek and mandolin pirate  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:34 pm
I sing, I love storytelling (I'm great when I babysit!), I'm trying to find a good lap-harp, and mundanely, I'm classically trained on flute and piccolo.

The answer is duh, people. razz  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Chibbi_Satan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:23 pm
I AM a bard in the SCA, hince the "Master" Elexi Stormcrow. *grinz* I have been a bard for the last 7 years, actually, and feel I am quite good at it. I wish I could sing over the net though...
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:25 pm
Chibbi_Warrior
I AM a bard in the SCA, hince the "Master" Elexi Stormcrow. *grinz* I have been a bard for the last 7 years, actually, and feel I am quite good at it. I wish I could sing over the net though...
sweatdrop

Got a microphone?  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:01 am
Chibbi_Warrior
sweatdrop

or an MP3 player that can record? xd i've found myself recording the songs i sing at the bardic fires more and more often for the friends i meet at the events! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:56 am
*thinks seriously on that and goes to find out.........* whee  

Chibbi_Satan

LucyQ602

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:51 pm
That is one of the only disipointing things i have found in the sca so far. The lack of theater and storytelling. I found lots of people to sing with at night though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:55 pm
I kinda help one of my uncles out with his Bardingness. I want to become a Bard so I help out when I can and take part in everything I can.  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:54 pm
I am a bard, as far as a lowly wanderer can be. I don't have a great voice, but I sing and sometimes people listen. A lot of the time they sing with me. I also write songs now and then.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:47 pm
squire to fools
I am a bard, as far as a lowly wanderer can be. I don't have a great voice, but I sing and sometimes people listen. A lot of the time they sing with me. I also write songs now and then.

Ditto, same here. I'll never be one of the great Bards of the Kingdom, or anything, but every once in a while the muse whispers in my ear and a halfway decent song comes out. I debuted a new song I wrote at the Saturday night bardic circle at DubDub, called "The Griffin Flies Forth", and I do have one song I've written, called "Song of Wolfhome", that actually got published in one of the Northshield songbooks, the Well Versed V. I'm quite proud of that. smile  

Imzy
Crew

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:28 pm
Well, I WANT to be a bard .... but I get really nervous. I mean bardic fires are one thing - pitch black, no one can see you, and just everyone's singing.

But getting up and singing infront of people like at Fields of Gold (and I'm pretty sure North_of_Nita can attest to this) I was SOO afriad
.... and everyone was talking amungst themselves when the last performer before me had stopped, and I walked up ... waited a few seconds, and they just kept talking, and so i figured 'yes, I'll sing, no one will stop talking, and I can get it over with' So I started ..... it LITTERALLY WENT DEAD QUIET (as in I swear people stopped breathing) ... eek I finished singing, and proptly ran away! xd rofl and people told me later how quiet I was and "did you hear how many 'Huzzah's you got?" biggrin "no, I was too busy running away" stare

It was a littler tramatizing!! eek .....

But I still want to be a Bard blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:00 am
*lol* Yeah, I know what you mean. It can be a bit nerve-wracking, at first. I mean, I've never minded being in front of an audience, I've always loved theater so performing's not a big deal for me--I enjoy it.

But only in the last few years have I discovered that my singing voice isn't as bad as I'd always thought it must be, given that I'd never been able to get into any of the audition-only choirs back in high school, nor was I ever able to get any decent parts in the musicals I tried out for. I was lucky to be a chorus member.

So... I figured my singing voice isn't that great, and I do better in ensembles than solo. And I'd resigned myself to that. Then I got into the SCA, and people started complimenting me on my voice. So I started singing more, and writing more, and developing a bit of confidence.

...and then people started asking me, on occasion, to sing at Feast. eek *squeak*

It still throws me off guard when someone *asks* me to sing. But at the same time, it's kind of a thrill, too. A nice warm fuzzy. smile  

Imzy
Crew

Dalcor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:56 am
I wright everything, mostly short stories, but lately i have been working on making short story ballads, sung bardicly... with much luck, Ill even have a rythem going for them in mind, problem is I can sing to save my life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:19 am
I'm trying to get someone to give me some training, but we keep on getting our signals crossed. Unfortunately for me, the instrument I'm classically trained on is the piano... doesn't do me much good as far as the SCA goes. I've had a couple years of voice lessons, but I need a couple more before I feel reliably comfortable singing in front of people (my voice is good, but it has this break between my chest and head voice that's gets aggravated after a long day of work in the kitchens, wandering around a hot site, and camping in the pollen-ness). I do like to sing and tell jokes and stories at bardic circles, but I wouldn't attempt to entertain anyone for longer than a few songs.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:11 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Well, I WANT to be a bard .... but I get really nervous. I mean bardic fires are one thing - pitch black, no one can see you, and just everyone's singing.

But getting up and singing infront of people like at Fields of Gold (and I'm pretty sure North_of_Nita can attest to this) I was SOO afriad
.... and everyone was talking amungst themselves when the last performer before me had stopped, and I walked up ... waited a few seconds, and they just kept talking, and so i figured 'yes, I'll sing, no one will stop talking, and I can get it over with' So I started ..... it LITTERALLY WENT DEAD QUIET (as in I swear people stopped breathing) ... eek I finished singing, and proptly ran away! xd rofl and people told me later how quiet I was and "did you hear how many 'Huzzah's you got?" biggrin "no, I was too busy running away" stare

It was a littler tramatizing!! eek .....

But I still want to be a Bard blaugh heart

you were SO quite, I still think I should have gone up and poked you in the ribs or something like that ninja  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff