Do you watch foreign films or tv shows?
  Sometimes
  NO Way!
  Yes! I love them!!!
  not yet, what would you suggest?
View Results

maicuu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:25 pm
Okay so I've recently become engrossed in Asian films lately. Mostly Korean, but there a few Japanese, French, and (one) Taiwanese show also.

It's so nice to see a funny creative character driven show that's not stuffed full of unnecessary sex and violence. biggrin xd stare American shows seem to forget about the story and try to win us over with graphics and random sex scenes ::sigh:: if it doesn't advance the plot the audience doesn't care xp

Right now I'm watching a really cute show called "It Started with a Kiss"

Has anyone seen it or another good foreign show they'd like to suggest?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:52 pm
The Korean TV show Full House is really good
it has pop star Bi (aka Rain) playing the male lead.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Genre: Comedy
Brief Synopsis:
Han Ji Eun's best friends trick her into thinking she won a free trip to China, but when she gets there an realizes that she's penniless in a foreign country and can't speak the language she has to get a movie star, Young-Jae, to let her barrow the money to return to Korea. When she gets home Ji Eun finds that her house has been sold out from underneath her. Luckily for her the person who bought it happens to be the movie star. Now she's living as a servant in her own home to earn the house back, yet she gets cought up in a bit of a love triangle.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

for more infor check out: Wikipedia: Full House (Korea)  

maicuu

Bio-Weapon84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:11 pm
Ive seen an episode of some live action show called "Your Under Arrest" (Japan)  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:43 pm
I am from the US and I am into British TV and I love French films and Pedro Almadovar movies.  

wing1933

4,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:45 am
I try to watch French movies when I have the time, to help me with my study, but I haven't seen many Japanese ones, can you guys recommend any? Most of the people in my Jap class are obsessed with anime, but I've never really gotten into it....if I was going to give it a shot, what should I start with?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:21 pm
I watch them here and there. I watched a really interesting Indian film called "The Warrior" a month ago.  

lunashock

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:40 pm
I think the only Indian film I've ever seen is Bride and Prejudice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:09 am
I wanna know where everyone is getting these Korean (and Japanese) TV shows with English subtitles. I keep looking and looking and looking and everytime I buy one... no subtitles! crying

I got hooked on the Monkey King tv series when I was in China. No English subtitles, but I know the story already, so I can pretty much follow it even with my kindergarten-level Chinese.

And I watch tons of foreign films. I've recently seen My Boyfriend is Type B (a cute Korean romance), Futago (a Chinese horror/suspense), The Promise (a Chinese historical-ish fantasy) and The World's Fastest Indian (a New Zealand movie starring Anthony Hopkins). And a Korean war/comedy/romance movie that I have NO idea what the name is, since I can't read Korean characters.

My favorite foreign movies are The Emperor and the Assassin (Chinese), Together (Chinese), The King of Masks (Chinese), Shaolin Soccer (Chinese), King of Beggars (Chinese), Mimbo (Japanese), and Wasabi (French).  

Seeress

hapahaole

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:37 am
My all fav Korean movie is My Sassy Girl. LOVE it! The sad thing is most of the people in my neighborhood have never heard of it. cry I must educate them! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 pm
I'm busily noting down all these titles...  

Doressa
Captain

The Infested

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:59 pm
I'm a huge fan of DOWN TOWN no gaki no tsukai ya arahende!!, though I can only find very few episodes scattered around the net.

For movies, I have to say Oldboy is one of my favorites, and I want to see city of lost children again. I haven't seen that in ten years maybe?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:43 am
hapahaole
My all fav Korean movie is My Sassy Girl. LOVE it! The sad thing is most of the people in my neighborhood have never heard of it. cry I must educate them! xd

OMG I love that movie it's absolutely hilarious. I bought a copy at my local Korean Grocer (it was definately bootleg) and showed it to my anime club. They loved it.  

maicuu

maicuu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:57 am
Seeress
I wanna know where everyone is getting these Korean (and Japanese) TV shows with English subtitles. I keep looking and looking and looking and everytime I buy one... no subtitles! crying

I got hooked on the Monkey King tv series when I was in China. No English subtitles, but I know the story already, so I can pretty much follow it even with my kindergarten-level Chinese.

And I watch tons of foreign films. I've recently seen My Boyfriend is Type B (a cute Korean romance), Futago (a Chinese horror/suspense), The Promise (a Chinese historical-ish fantasy) and The World's Fastest Indian (a New Zealand movie starring Anthony Hopkins). And a Korean war/comedy/romance movie that I have NO idea what the name is, since I can't read Korean characters.

My favorite foreign movies are The Emperor and the Assassin (Chinese), Together (Chinese), The King of Masks (Chinese), Shaolin Soccer (Chinese), King of Beggars (Chinese), Mimbo (Japanese), and Wasabi (French).

If you know what you are looking for YouTube.com & Vnl-Online.com are your best sources, but if you have torrents and are flying blind check out these sites: D-Addicts & Silent Regrets

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:53 pm
I was a big fan of GTO, the live action series in Japan. Great show.

Favorite foreign film, however, is Shaolin Soccer. Think soccer, The Mighty Ducks, and The Matrix all rolled into one. Hillarious.  

Dafthank

Todeskaefer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:00 pm
In Canada we get a lot of American TV shows. Does that constitute foreign TV?  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff