Welcome to Gaia! ::

ZELDA ADDICTION GUILD!!

Back to Guilds

Zelda games, Role-play, games and contests. 

Tags: Zelda, Game, Contests, Nintendo, Link 

Reply ZELDA ADDICTION GUILD
Timeline Theory Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Question
  Poll Answer
  pOlL aNsWeR
  PoLl AnSwEr
  ....Cheese?
View Results

Sakana_Izumi

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:42 pm
One of the most talked about aspects of The Legend of Zelda. How do you think the timeline (if there is one-some don't believe there is) goes? Feel free to post up articles!-Preferably LIABLE ones (like interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto)  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:13 am
Miyamoto has stated on multiple occasions that there is a timeline, so yes, I do think there is one.

As far as the order in which things go, thats a little more difficult.

We know they have skipped around, that much is pretty obvious to anyone. What we don't know is where the beginning and end are.

Chronologically, we know that majora's mask comes after OOT, and from that we assume windwaker happens long after it. (The only other game it could possibly be would be oracle of ages, but that doesent really fit.)

Theres also the fact that after majora mask, link could not have gone back to hyrule. He was sent back in time to live out his life, but if thats the case that would mean that he was sent back to a time where gannondorf is about to take over hyrule. The only reason he would survive that, we can assume, is because he was sent to the world of MM, and where he went after that would be the two oracle games.

The two oracle games happen at the same time, in different dimensions, as far as I can tell.

as for the rest...we'll have to wait and see. I have a hunch that twilight princess will occur after windwaker and phantom hourglass.  

Xelinor
Crew

Treacherous Hat

Deadly Dark Elf

11,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:12 am
this doesn't include a lot of the games (either cos i haven't played em all cos i dont have a job and cant afford em or cos i just dont kno)

Start: Ocerina of time
Few years later: Majora
About 10 years after that: Links awakening
100 years after that: A link 2 the past
many hundred years after: Wind waker
short while after WW: phantom hourglass

Below is a riddle telling why i dont hav a job yet:

I was born the same year Zelda 1 was 1st re-released.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:04 am
I belive that Link's Awakening takes place sometime after A Link to the Past. It says in the storyline (Or from what I've heard of) that Link was on his way to go and see Princess Zelda, which means he already knows her.

But I don't know if that's true or not. But, Xelinor posted up exacaly what I was going to put up. T-T Good job! ^-^

link freak131

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Sakana_Izumi

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:34 am
I think it goes:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
A Link to the Past
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Link's Awakening
The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link

My reasoning is that we know that Miyamoto placed Ocarina of Time early on in the timeline, and of course Majora's Mask shortly follows. It was also stated that Twilight Princess was not long after Ocarina of Time, so that's why it comes third. A Link to the Past comes next in my book because although many years have passed, it is the first game since Ocarina of Time to explain the seven sages and their bloodline still flows through the maidens. As on of the maidens said, the blood of the Hylia is running thin, but thee bloodline is not gone yet. The Oracle games (in whichever order, but I think OoS than OoA-judging by the placement of the Flames of Destruction, Sorrow, than Despair-going in a counterclockwise fashion) because Link looks relatively the same as in A Link to the Past. More importantly, at the end he sails away from Labrynna or Holodrum in a ship that looks almost identical ot the one in the opening sequence of Link's Awakening. Now after many years comes Wind Waker, which talks about the ancient Hero of Time AND the Hero of the Twilight (expect references to WW in TP). Then goes The Legend of Zelda many years after WW Link and Princess Zelda sailed away to settle a new continent, which they also name Hyrule. The same Link from LoZ grows up a little and learns about some of the darker aspects of Hyrule's Royal Family in the Adventure of Link.

I did not put Minish Cap or any of the Four Swords games in because I believe they have little importance to the timeline, and only relate to other Four Swords games  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:12 pm
no one know for sure only Miyamoto knows and he aint telling wen all the games are realeased he will tell i know that cuz of an interview on e3 2 years ago i recorded it^^  

doom_girl

1,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100

Sakana_Izumi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:23 pm
I know from a conference with Miyamoto (later posted on the internet, which I wish I remembered where it was >_>...) about the different Links and their ages. The Link from The Adventure of Link is the oldest Link at 16 (Twilight Princess Link will probably be 16, too), wheras Link from Ocarina of Time is only 15, hence everyone still calling him a kid even when he's "grown-up." And if you do some real-world math with Ocarina of Time, it was released in '98, starting out with Link as (15-7=8 ) 8 years old. '98-8='90, so anyone born in 1990 is as old as Ocarina of Time Link!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:54 pm
dont be a smart ***  

doom_girl

1,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100

Sakana_Izumi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 pm
doom_girl
dont be a smart ***
I was not being a smart-a**. That term is used to describe people who are acting all high and mighty with their intellegence. I don't do that. And it won't kill you to type swear words.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:30 am
They stated the most chronological and offical time line (for now) on some website artical i wish i kept it as refence but this is how it is:

Minish cap
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Phantom hour Glass
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link

The reason of the order is because there is only one Ganon as it was stated in a forget which game, manual, or artical but im pretty sure on this statement.

Now in Minish cap Ganon wasn't present so we can place that at the begining.

In Oracle of Ages/Seasons some creatures (Deku) worshiped and followed Ganon because he didnt present him self as evil yet so that puts Oracle of Ages/Seasons before all other games with Ganon present.

Ocarina of Time is the time that Ganon presents him self as evil and turns the world dark so now no creature deku, goron, or zora will follow him (because hes evil duh) and the hero of time was born. link late goes back in time 7 years where Ganon is locked away for a couple of decades (it has been stated that Ganon will appear on Twilight Princess).

Majora's Mask happens a few months after link (8 years old) left to find navi and was trapped in Termina. He never returns to Hyrule as stated in The Wind Waker.

Twilight Princess is decades(stated by Miyamoto) after Orarina of Time not much to say about this except that the hero of time is dead now.

The Wind Waker is Centures(stated by Miyamoto) after Orarina of Time and the Hero of Winds is born.

In Phantom Hour the Hero of Winds is lost at sea and searchin for Tetra and her crew.

They never stated how far from Ocarina of Time was from A Link to the Past so no one know you just know hyrule is risen from the sea and the Master sword is locked away for this Link to claim.

Link's Awakening is the sequal to A Link to the Past (I wish people would read in to this themselves because its true) and you see that there still is a huge sea once off of Hyrule "Island" because link gets lost at it and and there is enough room to creat a whole knew island.

The Legend of Zelda takes place after all the other Zeldas and they state that links Magical sword is a Master sword(I think it "is" the Master sword but I have no proof so i wont state it) the same as the Four sword (Master swords are simply swords that repel and lock away evil).

And The Adventure of Link is the sequal to The Legend of Zelda and link starts of with his Magical sword.

Now Four swords Adventures can be placed in 3 different areas that is:

Minish cap
-Four swords Adventures-
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker
Phantom hour Glass
-Four swords Adventures-
A Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
-Four swords Adventures-
The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link

Why because they they involve the Four sword, Princess Zelda, Vaati and Ganon.

And there you go I copied what i read the best i could from memmory.  

CornBreadtm

Aldolfo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:45 pm
I think there is a time line but only for:
OoT,MM,WW
TLZ,TLZ 2
ALTTP does not go into any of those story lines.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:57 am
the earlyer games are harder to put in the storyline then others but if u redo ever console not handheld u will get a good order aand u have to read wat the talk about  

doom_girl

1,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100

ArmyBrat_Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:40 pm
Sakana_Izumi
One of the most talked about aspects of The Legend of Zelda. How do you think the timeline (if there is one-some don't believe there is) goes? Feel free to post up articles!-Preferably LIABLE ones (like interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto)

I don't know, they're probably is one. I mean it's commen sence, other wise how would they make the game?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:32 pm
armyflute
Sakana_Izumi

I don't know, they're probably is one. I mean it's commen sence, other wise how would they make the game?
There are some people who believe that it's just the same story with new twists, no history to it.  

Sakana_Izumi

doom_girl

1,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:22 am
Sakana_Izumi
armyflute
Sakana_Izumi

There are some people who believe that it's just the same story with new twists, no history to it.
there is a time line for sure if u look at tww its like the last game in the time line cuz its based 200 years in the future  
ZELDA ADDICTION GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff