I...
  Own a webcam hooray!
  Own a webcam, it's poo! X(
  Wish I had a webcam
  Don't have nor want one! (so there)
View Results

starry1

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:33 am
Does anyone else get annoyed by people asking you if your on webcam?? I had to turn off PM's from people I don't know on yahoo because I get so many requests. So annoying. My male friends get harassed too which is more funny. Guys pretending to be girls etc etc. rofl

I don't get the fascination with staring at someone your not talking to for hours on end. I mainly use it for video calling.

Oh feel free any of you all to add me on Yahoo 3nodding

xx  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:28 am
Hence the reason I rarely bother with yahoo chat. That and it's usually just bots doing all the talking anyways.  

lightsenshi

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:25 pm
I don't use webcams.. Theykeep breaking everytime I look at them.

lol xd  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:03 am
I don't have one, and I'm fine with that. I don't even have a messenger service anymore, all the chatting distracts and irritates me!  

Doressa
Captain

Dafthank

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:05 am
Most digital cameras have the ability to double as web cams, so not to many people have them anymore, however, I agree that there really isn't a need for them. If people want to see pics, then whatever. Other than that, why use slow motion digital imagery?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:32 pm
Ugh I hate webcams, you always get those horrible grainy, posed pictures. Now, I did think about getting one when hubby was deployed, but shoot, pictures worked, lol.  

lunashock

Bio-Weapon84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 pm
i have one and use one on msn. i usually dont judge people on appearance on webcams though  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:48 pm
Personally, I find them a little creepy.  

wing1933

4,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Yungharri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:08 pm
I know a spider who is into extreme sports. He reckons webcam is awesome!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:37 pm
Yungharri
I know a spider who is into extreme sports. He reckons webcam is awesome!
rofl  

Doressa
Captain

CattiBrieann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:40 pm
I own a web cam I use it from time to time. It seems to be really good quality and my friends and I cam together they can see me I see them. Its fun to type something and actually be able to SEE the other person laugh. I dont mind them. I like to use mine on MSN more than Yahoo though for the same reason...the annoying people on Yahoo begging to see you half the time you dont know who they are...meh crazyness!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:54 am
i think i still have mine somewhere
and i like useing it because sometimes it is just more fen to see people laugh then "lol"
and plus i have been told that i am a lot more fun to listen to when i use my hands  

Raien3

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:06 pm
I have one, but I only use it with people I know well. My ex and I used them since we were a long distance thing, it was one of those "hmm I don't want to get close to anyone" sort of things post broken engagement, so I -embarrassed look- had a net boyfriend last summer. Also one of my guy friends from rpg'ing lives in England, I was curious to see if he was really as cute as his pictures and they weren't a fake. Oh dear lord was he a fine looking gent. What he's doing on a computer I do not know.

However, I find they (webcams) lose their novelty after awhile. I feel the need to do things to be entertaining... but obviously you're confined to the area around your computer, unlike in real life where you can go for a walk, etc. Plus I'm very shy about broadcasting myself out to someone I might not know that well. A photo is one thing, but having someone watch you is another sensation.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:41 pm
wing1933

3nodding  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:01 am
Pirate Dirge
wing1933

3nodding

While I can see the advantages if you have friends who live a long way away, I'm pretty much with you on that. I don't think I'd be able to behave naturally...  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff