Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Forth

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:08 pm
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:14 pm
I must say what a thorough list. The people stepping on my pants is my major complaint. I also hate that because i am differently dressed people want to ask me questions about who Iam and what I do ... nice at first ... but, shut up. It also always seems to be the old man on the bus who smells like s**t asking for change to buy more alcohol who wnat to know why I dress and act the way I do.  

ieatyourtclol

Servant of Soubi

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:39 pm
1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:33 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

The_Forth

long dck Iiam

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:20 pm
+L0v33ss+
1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.

I don't have much of problemwith that ^..^ partially because i don't wear a lot of black clothes though i'm really starting to miss goth clothes -pine-

But i also have a pension for growling and hissing like a cat daemon whose been dunked in holy water when people annoy me. [on the other hand i purr like a kittne when ppl are nice and/or scratch me behind the ears or on top of my head.]

I agree completely with what the first guy said! Partially cause i've been there and partially from what some of my friends say.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:30 pm
I'm going to post my response to the original list and give reasons as to why these dont' apply to me.

Well they might think I worship Satan; dunno about satin. Though satin sheets would be nice. xd

I find Tripp clothing be cheap, as in it's priced too high for poor quality. If I decide to buy it, I find it at second hand places or whatnot.

You don't have to buy from gothic labels to get good "gothic" clothing. Most of the stuff I wear isn't from any label at all. You just need to know how to shop.

don't have a problem here since I know how to do laundry.

5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
I don't wear armbands, and they aren't necessarily a "goth" thing. rolleyes

6. The damn stereotypes
I'm sick of people bitching over stereotypes. If you have a problem with people labeling you - which is inevitable - either grow some balls and get over it, or change.

7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
Nope my parents like my style ^_^

I don't wear chains. Again, not necessarily a goth thing.

don't have that problem either. People don't really come in close proximity to me.

not a problem either. I'm not a sad person.

MortSanglant

SunshyAlone

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:29 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

6. The damn stereotypes

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

1. At least three times on a regular, out-of-school day, someone asks me whether or not I worship the devil. Hell, my dad calls me devil-worshipper.

2. I don't buy Tripp specifically, but I'm pretty sure I have a few articles.

3. I find Hot Topic to be reasonably priced. Some stuff at other stores gets a little expensive, yes, but what can I do?

4. My favorite black t-shirt is now a funky gray-blue-green color. My only black jeans are now a strange shade of navy-purple. Admittedly, it's been a long time since they were new and I wear them almost constantly, but I'm sad that they're fading.

5. I don't wear armbands, except occasionally. I'm tired of my dad telling me I look "gay" with them on. Plus I can't remember to put them on.

6. I hate all the damn stereotypes.

7. Can't they all just leave me alone? I'm tired of them treating me like I'm so dark, and goth, and all that crap. I'm just ME, leave me the hell alone.

8. Don't wear chains, but they look awesome on other people.

9. My mother forbade me from wearing pants that I can step on. Which sucks, 'cause those are awesome. I don't think it'd be a great idea for me to wear them anyway, because I have horrible coordination.

10. Yeah, my dad tells me to take his "happy pills" because I'm always so depressed and mopey.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:38 pm
Ahhh.

Best one ever.

Dumb "popular girls" looking at your nails and exclaiming "OMG GOTHS GET MANICURES?!?!?"

That drives me insane.

((And it really happened.))

But here's my general list::

1.) Getting stared at by people when I walk around.

2.) Children staring at me like I just walked out of the freak show.

3.) People asking me if I'm in secret cults ((I am, actually. But it's just a stupid little one my friend and I made up.))

4.) Vice Principals. No more needs to be said.

5.) Parents who try to change your style, as it was stated.

6.) Having to turn my armband inside out for school. I have nothing to fear, but I just don't want to risk letting people see my gay rights triangle.

7.) People asking if you have an infatuation with skulls.

8.) People assuming right off the bat that I only listen to death metal. I like every kind of music, thank you. I do not close my mind and limit myself to one genre.

9.) People looking at me and asking, "Do you own anything in colour?"

10.) Stupid people who think I know curses and can put "a plague on both your houses!" ((Literally, as people tend to have two houses up here.))

11.) Stupid, stereotyping people.

12.) The fact that people think my chain is somehow a leash gonk

13.) When people try to make off with my wallet just to test my chain. ((I grab it back everytime. My lunch money is in it! D=))

Ehh they're all petty complaints based around how I look. But still, they get annoying after a while.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Synyster Love

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:26 am
The biggest ******** pain is those preps who come up to you and are like, "Do you have too many emotions bottled up inside you? Do you want to talk about it?"
Another thing is when people think just because you're gothic you have absolutely no feelings whatsoever except for hatred. Hello, how else do we maintain social and romantic relationships if not for other emotions, oh, say, love? Passion? And though we may not like to admit it, a little bit of compassion and concern for the well being of those close to us.
Another thing, why does everyone think we don't have any friends? OK, so some of us might not have HUMAN friends, but there's animals. . . and knives twisted  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:59 am
Kids running up to me and asking questions is pretty cute, until their parents pull them away as if I might suddenly burst into flames.

Teachers blaming me for everything

The amount of time it takes to lace up 20 hole boots and do up the buckles

The amount of "How much an hour?" based insults I get wearing said boots with black tights and a skirt

Red based blacks looking silly with blue based blacks

Getting warm in the summer

Being called a heretic, although that was mostly due to my beliefs rather than dress sense.

Airport metaldetectors. Last time I went through one I had to take my boots off, several bracelets, a necklace and my ring. A d the damn ting still went off!  

Perestroyka

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:27 pm
Top annoyances:

If you're: too short, too fat, too ugly or just not right you get labelled emo, metalhead or anything under the sun other than goth even if you worship Souxsie and the Banshees and constantly listen to Sisters etc.

Clothes in general but main problems:

getting corsets on in the morning when tired
buckling/tying up shoes correctly
long skirts getting caught in velcro/doors/ getting stepped on, getting wet (rains doesn't mix with floor length things..), being so nice that you put them on regardless
short skirts getting hiked up just a liiiittle too much by accident.....just plain embarasing redface I now never wear some things when I know I'm going to be moving around a lot
The fishnets. Never put on fishnets when you're real tired, it ain't pretty.

Eyeball injuries due to eye liner and mascara.

The o-zone layer, one of the unsung victims of Goth. It's all the damn hair-spray.

Trying to be Robert Smith and turning out more like Edward Scissorhands. Still impressive but it's just not the same  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:32 am
~ My parents not letting my get anything from Hot Topic since the disaster with the Marilyn Manson t-shirt that was supposed to be for Angie... oh well, her parents would've shot her for it anyway.
~ Needing more black clothing...
~ When the nosepieces on my glasses rub the eyeliner off.
~ Allergies making me rub my eyes, thus rubbing off my eyeliner.
~ Bags under my eyes, which don't allow me to do cool things with eyeliner without looking retarded.
~ Not having laundry detergent for dark colors.
~ Not having enough summer clothes that are black.  

EvFaerAshlynn

The Reused

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:33 am
1) the harrassment(exuse my spelling)
2)the metal detectors
3) the parents bitchen to you and complaining that i should change
4) the stares and glares from other people  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:34 am
EvFaerAshlynn
~ My parents not letting my get anything from Hot Topic since the disaster with the Marilyn Manson t-shirt that was supposed to be for Angie... oh well, her parents would've shot her for it anyway.
~ Needing more black clothing...
~ When the nosepieces on my glasses rub the eyeliner off.
~ Allergies making me rub my eyes, thus rubbing off my eyeliner.
~ Bags under my eyes, which don't allow me to do cool things with eyeliner without looking retarded.
~ Not having laundry detergent for dark colors.
~ Not having enough summer clothes that are black.
i just wear the same things from winter  

The Reused

carnivalium

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:29 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items