Submit

Share your tale of horror?
  *gets the mug of ale and sits down*
  *takes the ale and leaves*
  I got my own, thanks.
View Results

Katau_Selthrim

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:57 pm
You know, those idiotic happenstances that you try to block out, yet find remembering anyway. Of course, with the gift of hindsight, you see how you could've avoided them but they plauge you still.

Mine is with my human fighter. He had the highest strength so the others basically loaded him with the extra supplies. In a bog.

We were ambushed by a group of lizard men, and I had to spend a round searching for dry ground, and another dumping the extra supplies. They had a shaman with them, and he cast entangle on me. He directed me over a deep pit of water and had me dropped. Had three swim checks, since the DM was nice.

All were natural 1s. Never have rolled that particular d20 since.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:03 pm
I've played a million thieves who botched a single d20 roll...
on disable device.
They often don't live through the experience.  

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

Johnmichael

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:05 pm
Was a friend of mine, he was playing a samurai char who he was getting bored of so he went a little crazy, they were in the underdark and they got into a fight with some female drow and the other members were like "lets get the hell out of here" but he wanted to stay so they left him there. He ended up cutting of one of their heads and running outside and around the underdark screaming "I'M KING OF THE DROW!" he got hit with 6 darts, fell asleep, and never woke up.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:34 pm
We were playing in an Eberron campaign. The player was playing a Warforged. The plan was for half the party to cause a mild distraction so that one of the other party members, who was a corrupt police officer in the city of Sharn, could cause some more chaos in the headquarters. The warforged, right after splitting up from the group outside of the hotel, walks not 20 feet, up to a town guard. He then pulls a flask of Alchemist's fire from his belt, holds it in his palm and then proceeds to smash his palm into the face of the guard. He survived to fire, but not the other guard standing next to the one he hit.  

Krovox
Crew

RowdyFox

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:48 am
This was 1st edition rules, and I was a halfling. I was quite possibly the most inept character possible except for hiding. We had two people in our party, the other being a magic user. We were in a cell in a castle. While my magic-user companion insisted on digging our way out, I tricked the guards, fought them all, ran through the castle slaughtering all in my path, vaulted over the boss (a gnoll with a double crossbow), jumped through a window, fell two stories, landed on my feet, ran down a hill, got shot at, reached a moat, used a wooden shield as a boogey board, and ran as far as my legs would carry me.

After this daring escape, while walking to the nearest village, my poor guy was eaten alive by pixies. Sucks, don't it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:22 am
A dragon sat on my fighter. No lie. It just turned its big, scaly butt around and sat down on top of her before breathing on the rest of the party.

Even though it turned out to be a total party kill, we giggled about that for days. xd  

Amareyn

AsuraTheDrunk

Omnipresent Gaian

10,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:26 pm
I played a xill once in a monstrous campaign, he would often drink until the world would spin around him. He even had a mud of endless ale, he best friend was a very dim minotaur(dim by minotaur standards) well one day my xill is having a very bad day. His allies get into battle a very tought one, they come out on top barely. Now a very bad day means he isnt drinking very much and his minotaur buddy knows he loves to drink.

Now this minotaur is dim, he forgot how to eat. Had be told to stick food in his mouth and chew. He once found some eggs and after picking one up and crushing it continued to do so because he thought the last one was too soft. He doesnt know his own strength and doesnt understand the words "excessive force"

Anyway he decides my xill has forgotten how to drink! Well he is feeling quite full of himself that he noticed this and being my friend he is gonna help me. Initiate grapple, even with my 4 arms I lose and am grappled, he proceeds to take my everfull mug and shove it down my throat(quite literally) my xill proceeds to drown to death...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:04 am
i was a half elf fighter-warlock named xion. let's see what happened to me...I almost got killed by wolves, got hit by lightning, got eaten alive BEFORE dying by falling off a roof when my friend fumbled and hit me instead  

ZenonX1

BloodOnWhitePetals
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:35 am
I just had a nice death in my FR Campaign in my subforum. One of the players had a Knight, who used his Knight's Challenge against a Raider with a large axe. The knight promptly missed after his thrilling challenge. The Raider did not... in fact, he got a critical hit and left the knight dead in his wake. I just love it when that happens...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:32 pm
I was only ever killed once and it was by my own girl friend. The party could not pay enough for my life to the Neogi slaver so she ran a sword throuh my heart so i would not have tolive a life of slavery.

I love my Gf. heart

AramilRose

oskar90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 am
I did the worst thing imaginable i dissed the DM's encounter making skills this is what happened

DM: "suddenly you get ambushed by a group of trolls"
ME: I use a twinned maximised (by rod of maximise) delayed blast fireball
DM: they all explode and die in a horrible bloody mess......
Me: dude your pathetic surly you can do better than trolls
DM: Thats it! just then Testicles start raining from the sky and a group of ogre barbarians with spellcasting harrier dimension door into close combat with you, make will saves each round or go insane because of the testicles and you take 2d4 damage each round and risk getting filth fever
Me: don't the ogres have to make will saves?
DM: not really they're already insane, i mean what kind of sane ogre summons testicles to rain from the sky?
Me:........  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:33 pm
in gurps, wild west campaing, in the same session i rolled up the character he ended in a fight with someone in the town fan-fired hit everyone but my target, included a random little girl and her dog.  

FlamingCanine

Unbeatable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150

Azalin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:25 pm
BloodOnWhitePetals
I've played a million thieves who botched a single d20 roll...
on disable device.
They often don't live through the experience.
Occuational hazard I'm afraid, it happens to every thief once or twice, although sometimes that enough to send them into early retirement.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:23 pm
monsterous campain. played as a young adult dragon. i got sat on. by a mountian. it was weird.  

J-E-O-C
Vice Captain

GS Sailor Saturn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:00 am
Two not-quite deaths from me.

The first was in the penultimate session of a Wraith campaign. Due to other circumstances, I couldn't make the last session, so the Storyteller had to write my character out of the story.
We were transporting what was effectively a nuke by train to try and save the world (well, kinda), when the trian got raided by the big bad.
We scrambled into the engine, and my character went to disconnect the carriages. she managed it, but not before the big bad grabbed hold of one of her arms and ripped her off of the tender, leaving one arm behind.
One scream later (my character could scream and have it cause damage) and the big bad and his minions were killed as the rest of the train crushed them.
My character escaped the wreck, but had to walk through what was effectively a gigantic tornado (a Maelstrom, for those who know Wraith) to get back to the city. Her survival is debatable, but I like to think her Storm Robes (power to ward off Maelstroms) was enough to keep her alive.

The second is in a D&D campaign. We had finally fought through the dungeons of a castle to this giant door. We'd been warned by the evil cult not to open it, but we did anyway. My character (a southern elven sorceress) got cold feet, as she had been on good terms with one of the cult before she'd realised he was in it and went to hide somewhere. When the rest of the party unleased the greater shadow deamon, it went straight for her and possessed her, effectively killing her. I got very annoyed about this, as it was the last session and we didn't get a proper ending. I sometimes wonder what might have happened if we'd continued, and I'm trying to get in touch with the rest of the group so that we can continue over MSN.  
Dungeons and Dragons

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff