Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kagome-Neko]

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:31 pm
ok, i dont know about anyone else, but ive read all eight Chobits manga, and i see things. for instance, in volume 1, there is a mention of Nekoi. in i think in volume eight, theres the mention of Sakura and of Angelic Layer. are there any other series by CLAMP where there are mentions of other works?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:34 pm
Plenty! CLAMP is practically all about the multi-verse, they're works all cross over somehow. There's tie-ins into all of the works if you look hard enough.  

Arcangel Moon

CherubFluff
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:36 pm
I never noticed that when I was reading Chobits, suppose I will look over it again. I only have volumes 1-4. But yeah.. other then that, can't say I pay attention to little details like that. Heh. But I was reading tsubasa, even though it's pretty obvious, in volume 4 you see the character from CLAMP school detectives come in. I've never read that manga, but I've at least seen pictures of them and I knew straight way who they were. nn;;  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:32 pm
Kero plays an Angelic Layer videogame in CCS. 3nodding

And XXXHOLiC? Chock full of references.  

Luna Nachtwald

[Kagome-Neko]

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:57 pm
Luna Nachtwald
Kero plays an Angelic Layer videogame in CCS. 3nodding

And XXXHOLiC? Chock full of references.

oh thats cool. i havent been able to read much CLAMP. only all eight Chobits, Card Captor Sakura 1, and Magic Knight Rayearth 1 and two. heh, CLAMP is who most of my anime stuff is by...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:55 pm
Yuppers, there's many! I know that in Chobits, in I believe, volume 7, you can see Misakichi from Angelic Layer in the panel, but only her back.

When reading CLAMP series, always be weary, they seem to like to be sly and sneak things in. >.>;;;

Kuroi Bara

Shadow Wolfwind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:07 am
All of CLAMP's stories are a crossover with each other. It's now showing up more and more as they have more works out. As they explained in XXXholic and Tsubasa all of CLAMP's works takes place in different universes but the characters are the same in all worlds. Er...for example:
Card Captor Sakura, all the CLAMP school stories, Magic Knight Rayearth (The world Hikaru, Umi and Fuu come from), Miyuki-chan in Wonderland (Miyuki's normal world), Lawful Drug, Tokyo Babylon, XXXholic, X, Kobato, and maybe Wish too are all in the same world. Angelic Layer and Chobits are in their own world. Other stories either have their own world where they exist in or are part of the modern day Tokyo world.

If you look really closely you can find simularities with all the books. When I was reading Tokyo Babylon I found out that Subaru went to CLAMP school during that time. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:46 pm
Kuroi Bara
Yuppers, there's many! I know that in Chobits, in I believe, volume 7, you can see Misakichi from Angelic Layer in the panel, but only her back.

When reading CLAMP series, always be weary, they seem to like to be sly and sneak things in. >.>;;;

I was going to say that one!

But yes CLAMP has so many references and crossovers, kind of why they made Tsubasa such an alternate universe perhaps, but it is pretty cool how they tie it in with each other, whether its for a whole manga, or just one panel 3nodding heart  

animerika

sorataholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:41 pm
ow clamp is all about universes
Chobits is in the same world as angelic layer, xxxHOLiC and Gohou drugs in the same of suki dakara suki, X in tokyo babylon, and all this crossovers keep going and going... and I just love it! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:09 pm
I suppose their newer works have more crossovers than the older ones? That would probably make a tad of sense. sweatdrop  

Death T-2

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

firefly_dreams

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:43 pm
It's so fun reading them and going, "hey I've seen that character in so and so," it makes me want to go back and re read the manga where the character is actually from. My favorite bit of crossover to far is the flame puppy thing from Magic Knight Rayearth that shows up as Sayorans spirit thing in tsubasa. What are your favorites?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:10 pm
It's not by CLAMP but in Sailor Moon SuperS 2, there's these short comics in the back, and it shows Magic Knight Rayearth, but only the name on a book.  

Thak

Dapper Duck

Ravenwolf

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:37 pm
Dunno if these have been mentioned, but:

~At the beginning of Angelic Layer (2 & up, I think), they have a newspaper page that has articles about other mangas.
~Hikaru from Angelic Layer is named after Magic Knight Rayearth's Hikaru.
~Half of Tsubasa's characters are from other mangas: Sakura, Syoaran, Tomoyo, Mokona, Yuki, Sorata & Arashi (I think) et cetera.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:19 am
Its just so awesome how they tie their works together heart  

animerika

SwEEtArOmA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:50 pm
I love CLAMPs new series Tsubasa and XXXHolic. They are so kooolllll! lol blaugh xd  
The CLAMP Lovers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff