Reply SCA Guild
I can't...settle on a name!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:27 pm
Does anyone here think they could help me out? I'm an Atlantian from the Barony of Tir-y-don and I was -born- into the S.C.A. Im finally of age, and I've got some of my armor together, but the problem is I don't have a name submitted, and I have to have a name before I can submit my device to the heralds. Can anyone help me find some documentation for the name "Aric" or otherwise lend me a hand in finding a name for myself?  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 pm
I'll have a look around for that, or at least something similar, for you. What country/time period were you going for? That can have an effect on documentability. Which, if it wasn't a word before, is now. razz  

Arithrel
Crew

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:12 pm
I was thinking perhaps 1450's Lowland Scotsman. Highland Scots were the Braveheart bar bar bar gyar gyar gyar guys, while the Lowland Scots were the Nobility and Upper-crust-on-the-haggis-pie sorts.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:40 pm
Excellent, I'll have a look around. smile  

Arithrel
Crew

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:38 pm
Well you KNOW .... there is usually the option of talking to one of your heralds!! sweatdrop i kinda scored big time, since one of out heralds is a friend whom i play D&D with (btw ... NEVER EVER go to baby name sites - your heralds will kill you) eek but you probably know that! rofl

But that's how i've gotten semi-decided on my name!

And there's always the SCA names page!! biggrin I found it very helpful myself!! biggrin

hope that helps some! xd  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:43 pm
Thanks for the help everybody. Since I don't have the option of seeing my herald for quite some time, I was interested in finding alternative routes of information gathering, especially since Tir-y-don's herald is less than super helpful. but I got the proof I needed by posting on the realto newsgroup, and I have the documentation I need for my name!

Thankye all!  

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces