Reply Messianic Jewish Guild, an open dialog between Jews and Christians
real other G-ds

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:33 pm
is it possible that there are Gods other than YHWH? in genesis there are multiple hints to this idea- "see, they are like US"- God speaking- 1, to whom if not himself, and 2- why plural? he also says "we" a few times, and in my version there is a little caption basically saying "it doesn't really mean 'we'" even though it clearly does. the bible also calls God the LIVING GOD- as though there were others that are now in stasis. furthermore, there is that commandment- though shalt have no other Gods before me"- implying that there are multiple Gods to choose from, otherwise what point would there be in that commandment?

is it possible that judaism, christianity and islam are really polytheistic, but we simply choose to worship the God we deem most important, to the extent of forgetting and ignoring the others?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:49 am
well the hindus (is it hindi plural?? i don't know) believe in one god with many personalities, maybe it's like that. but ot be plytheistic would mean you actaully WORSHIP the other gods, not just to have the other gods. bt no one will really know forsure til they die i s'pose  

murder13dolls

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:10 pm
When as in Genisis G-d refers to Himself as 'Us' He is refering to the Hashilush ha Kodesh.. the Trinity... He is refering to Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:17 am
perhaps. but i don't really like the whole trinity idea... I honestly think that jesus is like, God's vice president of sorts, not his other car.  

divineseraph

famusamu
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:23 am
Hashilush Ha Kadosh The Trinity  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:20 am
Quote:
... the bible also calls God the LIVING GOD- as though there were others that are now in stasis.

I think that means he is the real, living God, not just the sticks or stones that other nations worshipped. All the other gods are lifeless.  

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

Labiy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:27 pm
I am a daughter, and a sister. A student, and a writer. I am many things, but I am no more than one person. Whether I am at home or school, a sister or a student, I am one. Yahweh (the Lord God) is one.

The popular claim against this is that Yashua (Jesus) prayed on Gethsymene. To add that to my analogy, I write notes about my tasks of the day when I am at home. At home, as a daughter and sister, I lack the power to complete those tasks. As a student, I can influence the things on my to-do list.

Similarly, when I learn that Dr. Yinu wants me to do a report, I write it in my planner. But when I get home, I do not wish to complete my tasks. The daughter/sister side does not wish to do what the student side knew I needed to do. Similarly, when Yahweh became man in the form of Yashua, the aspects which made him a man also made him disinclined to die. (when he asked that the burden be removed from him).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:03 am
I like your take on that. I'm Jewish but not really. I don't really believe in one god but a couple who are keeping the universe going.  

yourjewishcousin

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 am
CS Lewis offered that nature was the effect of the motions of angels...
or some such. It's hard to verbalize this late at night.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:16 pm
Its the trinity hun heart  

Oprahs Va_Jay_Jay

Bezant
Crew

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:38 pm
Happy_influenza