Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Cloak & Coven - Open for Business! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Milan, Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Scones and Jams
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I love their magic

Ella shook her head playfully when Linsey noted that being busy made the day go faster. The younger wanted to add that it also made the day so much more draining, but Linsey acknowledged Ella's feelings before the brunette could speak them. It was then that the older asked if Elle would be interested in going to choir with her, Aunt Fi, and Finn. Immediately, the girl felt her heart shoot up into her throat, but maybe she could go for support? "Sure, Linsey. I-I can go with you guys." Of course, she was putting in a huge load of faith in making sure her family didn't try to drag her up on stage with the other choir members. From what Ella had seen of their church sessions, the choir was large and lovely. Plus Linsey sang with the grown-ups, and Ella's measly twelve years in age probably wouldn't warrant that.

Once inside, Ella followed her sister's lead and hung up her coat. After all, it would be rude to keep wearing it. Linsey explained the cookies, and Ella wanted to add that she helped, but not with the baking part itself. She still hadn't worked out how to bake things without setting off fire alarms. "Linsey's a master in the kitchen. I've never had something she baked that wasn't amazing." Milan chimed in from somewhere under a mess of fabric. A few seconds later, he'd wiggled out and stood, a variety of straight pins sticking out from his mouth where he'd been holding them to keep his hands free. "That's what I'd heard, but I mist just be missing them at school. Merci de bien vouloir." He said with a small bow as he lifted up one of the gingerbread cookies.

After Milan said they'd be inviting Bieito into working with them, Linsey seemed alright with it. She even offered over her sketchbook, which Milan took happily. The pins were now missing, though Ella noticed a pincushion looking similarly more full. "These look awesome, Linz. And I think Ella would be a perfect model for that dress. And for the spring line... I definitely like the idea. I think it could work really well, but we'd have to have someone super talented take the lead." He nudged the blonde gently as he sneaked a shortbread cookie. "Well, that's Linsey's area..." Ella could sew, but she wouldn't exactly call it "good" by any means. She'd mostly learned to keep her clothes intact while living with the Antonovs. She couldn't create beautiful dresses from only fabric and thread the way Linsey, Milan, and Vera were able. Honestly, Ella thought it must be a magic of its own. Soft brown eyes glanced over at the beautiful formal dresses with layers of floating material, wishing (not for the first time) that she'd ever been able to dance among the adults wearing their fancy formalwear. Maybe eventually...

{{Wearing :: Ella || Milan || Bieito}}
          Llewella - #5B92E5 || Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Bieito, Linsey, and Ella
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Breaking big news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I do hope she'll come along!

Milan had been working on hemming, which meant he was flipped upside-down over a chair to get his angles right. Apparently he was weird for doing it, at least in Bieito's standards. Honestly, the older was still reeling from all the news he'd learned the previous night. He had a brother, much less a half-veela brother. And the kid was interested in fashion, though more on the modeling side... Which would make him good to bring along for fashion weeks in the future, if nothing else. At least they wouldn't have to hire out models, which would save some money.

While nibbling on a shortbread cookie, blue eyes looked over the sketches Linsey had shared. "This summer we've got a few wedding dresses to complete as well. June is the most popular month for weddings. One of them is on the form over there, but isn't due for another week. The other dress.... ugh that lady is stressing me out. She's changed her mind eight different times, telling me each time that she'd thought up the 'perfect' dress." He rolled his eyes, thinking (and not for the first time) that customers were the worst part of fashion. "Maybe Linsey can figure out a design for that lady. I've seen her designs around school, plus I've heard lots of people talk about her skill in art. Mostly from that really tall kid a grade up from me. He's in your house, Linsey. Um... Lewis, I think." Bee had heard the older kid gush about all the other artists in the school, so he'd definitely heard Linsey's name in the mix.

"We can always see about it. If anyone's going to figure it out, it'd be Linsey or Vera. Or anyone that isn't me. I just get frustrated with her." He paused a second, then shifted his attention onto Linsey in full. "Oh, and while you're here, we got an official invite to the New York Fashion Week this summer. I'd pay the way, hotel rooms, food, fashion, and fun. You'd be seventeen, so per US standards you'd need a parent to sign off on the trip, but otherwise, I'd want you along with us. Though you'd need three designs all your own, you'd be entered in the teen designer competition... Or, of course, you can just come along with us to watch the shows and be an assistant in my designs. Because I have to do ten cohesive designs, which means a busy few months leading up. But I figured you'd be interested in the boost to your portfolio. Ella can come along too, of course. Or anyone in your family. I'd just need to know how many rooms to book."

{{Wearing :: Milan || Bieito || Ella
          Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2 || Ella - #5B92E5
          Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴏʀʏ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! I'ʟʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴡ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ
          Dᴏᴅɢɪɴɢ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀsᴛ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴀ Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ
          "Cᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ! Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ!"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:18 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey was pleased Ella was at least open to the idea of going to choir practice with them. As much as she would have liked to see Ella share her talents with others, and Linsey had no plans to push her to try, she wanted for Ella to be more comfortable in social situations. Choir practice wasn’t as chaotic as other situations might be, if anything they were rather low-key, since everyone basically knew everyone else, it was as much a chance to catch up with friends as it was getting performances down for Sunday morning. The only issue that could come up was when a bunch of them would go to Old Angus’ pub afterwards to have snacks and drinks (Linsey would always get ginger ales). The owners wouldn’t care if Ella went in with them, being a public house, but it could definitely be loud in there, especially if a football match was on the telly.

Linsey blushed a bit at the compliment offered her, and said cheerfully, “ N’y pensez pas, je suis heureux de le faire.” Bieito mentioned missing her cooking at school, she offered, “You’re more than welcome to pop in during Cooking Club; we’ve always got something going. We get visitors regularly because they can smell something down the hallway, and want to check it out

She was happy when Milan liked her ideas, including the dress she drew up to create for Ella. It was her plan to make it at school when she had time to do so. When Milan floated the idea of her taking the lead on the spring designs, she smiled, and said, “Well, I can definitely send designs from school for you and Vera to approve and fix as necessary. There’s only so much I’m able to do, and Mom and Dad would have my hide if I put work before school and allowed my grades to slip. What d’ya think, Ella, fancy being a model?” as she asked her sister this, Linsey started striking exaggerated high-fashion modeling poses, in an effort to get Ella to laugh, if nothing else.

Milan started talking about the workload, including a problematic customer who’d already rejected eight of his designs for a wedding dress, and Linsey smiled and blushed a little when Bieito mentioned what he’d heard of her work, especially what Lewis touted. “Lewis is my Vice Captain, and he’s got art in his veins, but then his dad, whose shop is just down the lane here, was the founder of the club… I’d like to have a crack at that wedding dress; I’ve never designed one before, so it ought to be fun. Just need particulars on our customer, their physiognomy, for starters, but also her personality, favourite colours, animals, birthstone, what House she attended, et al. Afterall, this is for the most important day of her life, seems to me we should incorporate as much of her story in the design as we can. The gauntlet’s been thrown down, so I say ‘game on, release the Quaffle and let’s play Quidditch.”

Her blue eyes practically lit up as she heard Milan’s news, and she gasped with increasing excitement, “Oh, that’s fantastic, Milan. This’ll be huge for everybody. Of course, I want to be there, and I’d love to get in on that competition. Even if I just get an honourable mention, it’ll be a feather in the cap for the Art Club, and it’ll be something to put in my portfolio. I can create three designs and make them at school; I’ve got things set up in the Art Room already to do the work, so that’s not an issue. I just have to do all of that, and keep up my grades and my other commitments, or Dad will veto the whole thing. If Ella wants to come, I want her there to share in the adventure, and more than likely Mom would come with to act as chaperone, but who knows, Dad might get time away to make it a family outing. Oh, wow, Milan, this is going to be fantastic.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:46 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Bieito, Linsey, and Ella
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Breaking big news
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Exciting exciting

Milan watched with a bit of glee as Linsey and Bee seemingly made friends. It was nice to see, especially if things went south with Bee's mom. And... from what Milan knew of the woman, they probably would. Or she'd start love-bombing the poor kid, but Milan was going to be there to fight back. Someone as nice as Bieito didn't deserve that crap. "Vous parlez français aussi? Oh, comme c'est beau!" Bee practically lit up, looking ever excited about people speaking his mother language. "But I will make sure to pop in. I don't really know how to cook much beyond the basics, but Milan said he'd teach me some." The shorter boy looked up at the taller, who nodded approvingly.

After Linsey thought about the spring line, she noted she'd try her best, but that school came first. Totally fine, after all, Milan would tell her the same. When she asked the smallest in the room about being a model, Ella looked startled. Thankfully, Linsey being silly made the girl laugh quietly. "Only for you, Linsey." Ella leaned against her sister, a look of adoration in her eyes. Milan smiled softly, glad that Linsey was able to give the girl a new life. Maybe he could eventually do the same for Bieito....

While discussing their stressful customer, Linsey said she'd try to take on the design. She asked about a lot of information, and Milan stepped into his office. Grabbing a folder, he walked back out. "Here you go, Linz. The most conflicting information you'll ever find. But she's also supposed to come in this afternoon, so you'll probably get a chance to meet her as well." Within the folder were several pages of notes, each attached to a design made to meet the specifications. All had been denied, with her giving more things she wanted instead. But maybe Linsey could figure it out. "You didn't tell me that Linsey was such a go-getter! She's ready to take on like eight challenges first thing in the morning."

Milan laughed, straightening his jacket before stepping to switch the signage to show they were open just as the clock chimed the hour. As the eldest there offered news of the big Fashion Week upcoming that summer, Linsey seemed ecstatic. Milan leaned against one of the tables, dark blue eyes sparkling with excitement. She spoke on how it'd be good for the art club and her portfolio. She said she could create the designs and work on making them at school, though she had to keep up her grades and other tasks. "I figured you might be excited. But don't worry, we have a couple months before we have to have solid answers. I'd need to send them in by the end of February, but the sooner the better, of course. But there will also be some time after school to work as well. About a month, since Fashion Week is mid-July. So as long as you've gotten a start, it can be done then too. Don't worry, I'm not going to let you fail at this or destroy your other obligations either."

Ella looked between the three older teens, eyes wide. "You really want me to come? I... don't want to be in your way, but I can try to help too..." She offered, shifting nervously. Bieito also chimed in with an offer to help. "It'll be awesome. Two sets of siblings, two fashion icons building their brand.... It'll be awesome. Plus, Ella, if you want modeling tips, I'm your guy! I've watched my mère hundreds of times." He sent over a thumbs up, though the smaller brunette shifted to hide behind her sister's safety. "I don't think she'd be walking the runway in New York, Bee. I wouldn't even do that. Way too much pressure. But if you think you could handle it, we can see about something like that..."

{{Wearing :: Milan || Bieito || Ella
          Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2 || Ella - #5B92E5
          Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴏʀʏ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! I'ʟʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴡ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ
          Dᴏᴅɢɪɴɢ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀsᴛ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴀ Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ
          "Cᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ! Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ!"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:26 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Oui, j’étudie la langue depuis que je suis à l’école primaire, et je... euh, j’aime lire des romans d’amour français et j’ai lu des revues de mode de Paris pour m’aider à trouver des idées de choses à concevoir,” she said to Bee, her confession of enjoying a particular genre of French literature came with a bit of a blush, but there was something to be said about the passions with which certain writers poured into their prose which reading it in the intended language was the only way to truly appreciate it. With a titter of self-conscious laughter, Linsey switched to something she was more comfortable discussing.

Well, the whole point of the club is to learn and appreciate the cooking arts. We have plenty of folk who’d be happy to help you pick up some things. Callum is quite the baker, and Tam is really handy in the kitchen, and he knows Scottish cuisine. This year, I decided to try teaching the Charms they used to teaching in the old Cooking with Magic class, which has been an interesting exercise for me.”

When Linsey was ‘vogueing’, and then Ella told her she’d model only for her, she reached over and side-hugged her little sister. “Hmmm, there’s an idea. Mom and Dad would love getting a nice sit-down portrait of you for Christmas.” Milan handed her the folder, and she began to leaf through the contents therein. She quickly read through his notes and checked out the sketches he’d already done, all of which were declined apparently by their customer’s dismissive eye. “I see what you mean there, Milan. Well, I’ll be happy to talk to her this afternoon and see what I can come up with. I think we can come up with something she’ll be happy with that completely her. With a little luck, I can have roughs for you before close; I just hope she doesn’t get mad having the designwork passed off to a complete tyro. Still, I’ve never thought I’d design a wedding dress, except for maybe for Ella someday.” With that, she gave her sister a gentle caress of the shoulder, and a gentle wistful smile.

Oh, good,” was her reaction to learning the timetable wouldn’t be as tight as she originally thought, as she’d had visions of getting off the train and immediately traveling to New York City on a business trip. “Maybe the assembly can be done here, and I’ll still have time to help you get your collection ready for the show as well. We can do this, I know it.” She nodded and added, “I’m definitely not doing anything to mess up school, that’s for sure. If nothing else, I’ve got Ella and Finn looking to me, and I’ll not fail them.”

Ella asked if they really wanted her along on the trip, and Linsey told her, “Of course, I want you there. This is the chance of a lifetime, Ella, you’ll get to visit the United States, its way different than Ireland, but it’ll be fun seeing all that we’ll have time to see while we’re there. More than that, you’ll get to see how the fashion industry works. You’ll have a fun story to tell folks when we get back to school.”

The white-haired Sixth Year was a little surprised at Bee’s thought of offering modeling tips to Ella, causing her sister to skitter nervously behind her. “Well, as far as modeling is concerned, I’ll be the one coming to you. I plan on modeling at least one or two of the pieces at the show myself; I won’t put somebody in something I wouldn’t wear myself in front of cameras, and certainly nothing my parents would be ashamed to see me in. You might consider doing the same, Milan. I’ve got the impression this will be rather like a talent show, in that the winners will be the ones who’ll be remembered best by the judges, I think modeling our designs ourselves would help in that.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Milan, Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Fashion Talk
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She thinks I could be a model?

Ella wondered vaguely what Linsey and Bieito were saying as they spoke in French, but it wasn't really her place to ask. "C'est fantastique! Un tel dévouement à la langue. J'ai aussi beaucoup de recommandations de livres français. Et les magazines de mode français ne sont-ils pas si sympathiques? Vous avez probablement vu ma mère poser dans certains modèles." Bee responded, happily speaking his language. "I was raised in France, which is how I know the language. Plus my mère and her whole family are French. Grand-mère and Grand-père only speak French. Not that they really talk to me. Sassy veelas." He rolled his eyes and Ella noticed a look of concern from Milan. How interesting.

Brown eyes looked back toward Linsey when she mentioned the people in Cooking Club. One of which was Callum. He still kept trying to get Ella to eat his baking every chance he got, though she was determined to make him eat some of her baking next time... if she could stop burning it, that is. Somehow recipes always ended with the food either ending up still raw or fully burnt. It was weird. "The charms are pretty neat. I'm still working on them, though." Ella offered, hoping to keep her sister happy. With the agreement to try and model for Linsey, the older of the girls said it would be something that their parents would love for Christmas. "But Christmas is in a few days. Unless you already have an outfit in mind?" Knowing Linsey, well, she just might.

"There's an idea. I'm sure there are lots of dresses even here that we could modify to fit you. Then I can get Daphne to take some nice pictures of both of you for your parents." Milan shrugged, earning a deflated look from Ella. "But no matter what, I'm sure they'd be happy just having you both for the holidays." He grinned, still not really sure what parents wanted for holidays. Ella stood on tiptoes to look through the folder Linsey had been given, wondering just what the lady was thinking. Of course, Linsey said she could get the roughs done that night. Ella was about to offer help when Linsey said she planned to eventually design her a wedding dress. The brunette blushed and hid her face in Linsey's side. She was twelve! Twelve and maybe didn't even like boys.... or girls. Or anyone, really. But she certainly wasn't about to get wed!

"Aw, you'd do great, Linz. And don't worry, I won't tell her you're still in training. All she needs to know is that you're a designer that works at the shop. If you can figure out what she wants, it's more power to you." After Ella's cheeks calmed down, she stepped over a bit, returning to watch the scene unfold. "I can help with the fashion stuff at school too, Linsey. I'm not nearly as good as Milan or Vera, but I can sure try." Bee offered to assist, hoping it made the Ravenclaw feel a bit less clustered. "A-and I can help watch Finn to give you more time..." Ella added, thinking it must be because Finn was younger than them that Linsey needed to mind him.

The shortest there reached up and gently held her sister's hand once more, smiling softly as Linsey explained she'd like her to go along. It'd be a once in a lifetime sort of chance to go to the States and see the fashion world. "And for more time with you and Mother Hannah." She nodded, messy hair falling over her eyes as it so often did. Thankfully, Linsey said she'd be the one to model, not Ella. "Oh, of course, of course. If you design for males, I'd happily model as well, but if it's a ladies line I might not have the right form." Bee laughed happily, gesturing to his lack of curves. Unlike Milan who had a more toned figure, of course. Then again, the taller male wore corsets, which added curves.

"As much fun as modeling sounds, I'm more of a backstage sort of guy. Plus I'll be walking five models in succession, then doing a stand with them. I won't be able to model my own clothes in the show. But I am going to make myself something nice. Plus I don't think my hair can survive the show." He gestured at his eternally stuck-up hair, despite having combed it only a short while ago. "Though I definitely think you'd have an advantage modeling for yourself. If you wanted, you could model one for me. That way I'd have both you and Bee in the show. Ella wouldn't like modeling for me, because the show I'm in is going to have a big audience with lots of press. Though I'm excited for it." Ella looked between the other three, who all seemed happy about the New York situation. Perhaps it would be pretty fun after all...

{{Wearing :: Ella || Milan || Bieito}}
          Llewella - #5B92E5 || Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash