Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Cloak & Coven - Open for Business! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:06 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eighteen Years Old - Gryffindor Alumna - Halfblood
                                              Witch Weekly Photographer

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor frowned at Daphne’s mother’s comment about not allowing any magic in the house. “Couldn’t you have brought the dress to your room and used magic there? It doesn’t sound like anyone would have noticed, anyway.” Taylor couldn’t imagine not using magic at home in her adulthood. It was fun rubbing that into her brothers’ faces. And if her parents were against her using it at home, she would have found ways to sneak around them by then. In fact, if it wasn’t for the trace automatically placing her on a watch list, she would have used magic outside of Hogwarts long before she was of age.

Blue eyes caught a camera and the brunette struck a pose, smiling alongside the blonde. “Thanks,” Taylor responded, turning her gaze back onto Daphne. She figured Echo was in there somewhere – she’d make sure to find her later. “I really should wear it more,” she acknowledged, twirling on the spot before striking another pose, this time her expression more serious as she tried to convey the look of a model.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

In the m i d d l e of the night, we can form this d r e a m
                                              I wanna feel you by my side, s t a n d i n g next to me

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Taylor, Various Fashionistas
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? C&C Grand Opening
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Maybe I can get a ton of extra work?

Daphne shrugged softly at Taylor's words. "Eh, I was already running late. I just changed as fast as possible, then apparated here. Already going to get yelled at for that one. But, oh well. Hopefully I'll be moving out soon. I just have to... find a place to move to. I think my grandma set aside some money for me to go to uni, but I dunno if she'll let me have it for a flat." She tsked softly, not wanting to put a damper on the otherwise lovely evening. Besides, there would be many chances to catch up otherwise.

The best way to change topic was to flatter Taylor, taking pictures of the brunette as if she were modeling for a catalogue of sorts. "You really should. It's quite flattering. And the lighting in here is fabulous... which makes sense. I'll probably get used to all the angles when I get called to take photos for bridal parties." She hummed softly, snapping a few more pictures. Blue eyes glanced around, trying to make sure she wasn't missing any shots needed for the news... or for Milan and Vera. Apparently Milan had some sort of idea that needed lots of photos. But hey, she was being paid twice for tonight, once for work, and once by Milan himself. "I wonder how it must feel to be a model up on a stage. Getting all dressed up in something made only for you, then the camera flash from admiring fans... It must be insane, right? Though, I couldn't ever do it. But you... Echo, Harlynn, and Yari? I can see where your families have the advantage on such things."

Though, for a brief second... what Daphne wouldn't do to be in one of those families. All close-knit and wonderful... plus beautiful beyond normal.

{{Wearing :: A Purple, Asymmetric Dress}}
Daphne - #0070FF
Max - #50C878
Lee - #B31B1B
Mom - #CC3299
Kiska166

Mᴀᴅᴇ ᴀ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴜʀɴ, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏʀ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ. Dᴜɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ғɪʀᴇ
Bᴀᴅ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sɪʟʟʏ ʟɪғᴇ
Mɪsᴛʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ, ᴍɪsᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ, ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ
Mɪss ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Mɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ɢᴜᴇssɪɴɢ, ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴇsᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Lᴏᴏᴋ, I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ, ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ
Lɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴇss ᴛʜᴀɴ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ
Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ, ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:58 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eighteen Years Old - Gryffindor Alumna - Halfblood
                                              Witch Weekly Photographer

╚════════════════════════════╝

“Oh, well, of course she’d hear that,” Taylor said matter-of-factly in response to the apparition noise. She raised her eyebrow as Daphne explained that she’d hopefully be moving out soon, especially if her grandmother were to give her the money she set aside for university. “If she doesn’t, you can always live in a dorm at university. The room might be a little small and you may have to share with a total stranger, but that can’t be worse than living with your brothers, right?” The brunette truly believe she was giving her friend solid advice on what to do. Little did she know that the dorm room would be bigger than Daphne’s current bedroom.

“Feel free to practice taking photos of me anytime,” Taylor offered before posing for another one, this time pretending to send a kiss toward the camera. “It’s quite fun! At least it was when I was little. I sometimes modeled for small runways for children’s clothes for my mum’s designs,” she recalled. Aside from those, however, Taylor hadn’t done much modeling, especially not as an actual professional model where she’d actually be under pressure to perform well. She suddenly felt hot, imagining Echo as a model. But not just any model. A Victoria’s Secret model, walking the runway in sexy lingerie with wings growing out of her back as their eyes locked. “I don’t see why you couldn’t if you got training. You have a pretty face. Also, not to cut you off, but did it suddenly get really warm in here?” she asked, reaching for her water bottle.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

In the m i d d l e of the night, we can form this d r e a m
                                              I wanna feel you by my side, s t a n d i n g next to me

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Taylor, Various Fashionistas
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? C&C Grand Opening
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Is she okay???

Daphne nodded at Taylor saying of course Daphne's mom had heard the apparation sound. It was pretty dang loud. "Yea..." she murmured, then tilted her head when Taylor started about Daphne moving to a dorm. "Oh no, I couldn't go to uni. I don't have any muggle grades past age ten. But she set aside a fund, so maybe I can use some for an apartment deposit. Grandma has always been pretty sweet." She shrugged a bit, then sighed. "Though I won't lie to you, I'd about take living in a dumpster over living with those idiot boys." She added a laugh, hoping to ease tension.

Luckily, Taylor was having fun getting her pictures taken. "Can do! You always know how to pose." As the brunette blew a kiss toward the camera, Daphne got a few snaps, trying to get good angles on her. "I can only imagine the chaos of wrangling kids down the runway. God, can you imagine being Miss Wellbelove? All four of those kids. Though, with how uptight they all were as first years, they probably controlled the scene." She laughed, imagining the absolute chaos the Wellbelove kids must've created.

When Taylor said Daphne could do modeling, and that she had a pretty face, Daphne's gaze dropped down, her cheeks turning a bit red. Taylor seemed distracted, asking if it was a bit warm. "Um, no, I don't think it's changed. Why, are you overheating? Do you need a chair? I can... probably find one?" Daphne looked startled, wondering what was causing her friend to get extra toasty.

{{Wearing :: A Purple, Asymmetric Dress}}
Daphne - #0070FF
Kiska166

Mᴀᴅᴇ ᴀ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ᴛᴜʀɴ, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏʀ ᴛᴡɪᴄᴇ. Dᴜɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ғɪʀᴇ
Bᴀᴅ ᴅᴇᴄɪsɪᴏɴs, ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sɪʟʟʏ ʟɪғᴇ
Mɪsᴛʀᴇᴀᴛᴇᴅ, ᴍɪsᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ, ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴏᴏᴅ
Mɪss ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ɪᴛ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Mɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ɢᴜᴇssɪɴɢ, ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴇsᴛɪᴍᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Lᴏᴏᴋ, I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ, ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ
Lɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴇss ᴛʜᴀɴ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ
Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ, ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇᴇʟ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴ' ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:39 pm

User Image✬✫
VERA YVES SAYLOR

25 years || halfblood squib
Wedding Planner, Dressmaker, and Co-Owner
Cloak and Coven

"Well, you and I both have reasons to not be forgotten. But... the spotlight can be overrated too."

Reasons...not to be forgotten. The riptide of memories came back again flickering memories and feelings through her. But then it stopped. It was like Milan reached a hand into her mind and dragged out a decade-and-a-half-year old pain that had been laid to rest some time ago. But now when it was all dragged out, kicking and screaming across the light wooden floors of their new shop, it was like seeing an old design from the archives of memory recreated before her:

The pain... didn't quite hurt the way it used to. Vera remembered the defeat, the betrayal learning her birthmother no longer remembered her. But now, she simply had to look up to see her parents-- Nova and Aileas didn't just remember her, they were there, physically present, to support her and her partner in this endeavor. They'd be there that night, to welcome her home.

It made the plastered smile on her face soften into something genuine. At least for now, the forgotten part didn't hurt anymore. If in two or three years Nova and Aileas kicked her out or forgot her, that would be a nightmare come true, worse than before. But for now, their being here was just proof there were some people who would remember, some people who were worth remembering in return.

"Then let's just say the spotlight of those that remember us-- the ones who care and still care. They're the ones actually worth working for the spotlight in the first place. Worth...remembering in return." Vera amended her previous statement. She wouldn't take back what she said about not being forgotten from the spotlight-- but this was just...reframing. Clarifying. Specifying. Like zooming in on the detail of lace to see what it was truly made of. "For me, that's my parents, Nova and Aileas. My brothers....a few friends, like Lena and Calliope and Nimbus. Maybe for you, Milan. You're positive on the convincing me on this 'dreams are too real' thing at least."

And maybe Harmony.
Vera added silently. Harmony couldn't be here, already jauntily back out captaining her ship on the high seas in search of grand noble adventures (and contributions to science or something like that). But she had written a letter. Maybe then. Romance was still for fools and fairytales, but maybe some friends far away, more memory than reality, were still worth remembering.

Vera faced Milan. "And for you? I don't think I've ever asked you directly but clearly it's not the fame of the ignoble paparazzi or the attention of fickle professional contacts that you seek. So who are you doing this for?"

setting Cloak and Coven, 20 August 2060 || with MIlan + friends and family
appearance 5'4", slender || wearing Gold lace and navy blue mermaid dress + black and gold heels + matching nails
status The spotlight ...of those that remember.

"Abandonment– particularly, Nova and Aileas kicking her out or being disappointed she’s not out of the house."
So the riptide of fear remains, but it's recontextualized, as it was in the profile. ^_^.

(2) Vera muses on Novaileas forgetting her in a couple years or kicking her out. She also muses that Harmony is jauntily off on a voyage. According to the date of the plot request though, Harmony is the opposite of jaunty and is currently walking people down the plank (albeit some may attest for noble reasons). So hopefully that helps point to how ironic her musings are here.

(3) I did not acknowledge Linsey's appearance here yet because she specified not interrupting, but if you think this topic is done, please bring her into the fold as soon as you can.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Because getting made you want more
and hoping made you hurt more
someone tell me
something comforting.
✫✬
~"Something Comforting" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera, Linsey, Friends & Family, Shop Owners, Potential Customers
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Grand Opening - 20 August 2060
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is the best day ever!

Milan looked out at everyone around, a small smirk on his lips as he noticed Taylor doing a little modeling shoot with Daphne. Of course the blonde was having fun taking pictures, and Milan was glad he'd hired Daphne for their pictures. It was a beautiful day all around, and though it was full of friends and family already, but even then, a few more were strolling in to investigate the new shop. Awesome, that meant all their networking was paying off already!

As he mentioned that the spotlight wasn't always worth it, Vera decided to change her statement. "Then let's just say the spotlight of those that remember us-- the ones who care and still care. They're the ones actually worth working for the spotlight in the first place. Worth...remembering in return." Milan looked over at the blonde, a soft smile on his face. She continued, noting those she felt worthy of watching her shine. Her parents, who were examining a pretty peach dress and chatting with Galen, of course; her brothers, both of whom showed up to support their big sister; friends... Lena (of course she was here, she had been one of the biggest supporters this whole time), Calliope (whom Milan had only met a few times), and Nimbus with all his flowery magic and all.

Then when she said the next name, blue eyes went wide, a tinge of pink touching Milan's cheeks. Apparently he was in the positive for helping convince her of her dreams. "I'm glad you agreed with my harebrained scheme. And I'm glad it worked out so, so perfectly. And now both of us can live and realize our dreams... together." Together... when everyone seemed so distant. His sisters were moving from home, as had he, and Yari would be back at school soon. Taylor, well, he and she were close, but had both decided to keep secret their interactions.

"And for you?" Milan looked over, a bit of surprise evident in his expression. Who was he doing this for? His sisters... his mom... Despite Vera thinking everyone here were friends with him, Milan felt quite isolated. "Honestly... as much as I want to give you all sorts of names and reasons... Another part of me wants to say I'm doing this for me. Though, it makes me feel a bit guilty, I suppose." He sighed softly, then offered a lopsided smile.

"In reality, I'm doing this because and for my mom, I think. I remember once when I had a bad dream.. I was four, I think? I went to the living room because I was scared, and Mom was there. She was sewing up a really fancy dress. She stopped and gave me a hug, then distracted my scared little mind by showing me how to sew a handkerchief hem. I'll never forget that moment, so long as I live." He glanced over at his mom, sending her a soft smile.

"And, like with Linsey, I hope to share the knowledge I've gained and help younger stylists. Who knows if I'll ever get that moment that mom and I had." As if she'd heard her name spoken aloud, Linsey hurried over, wearing the dress she'd worked so hard to create. Milan gestured for her to join them, and she did, to tell them the shop looked amazing.

"It really does. It's an absolutely beautiful shop, and we couldn't have done it without your help, Linz. Without the extra hands, we wouldn't have finished enough designs in time. We really do make a good team, the three of us." He grinned happily, hoping the attitude was contagious. Milan couldn't help the bubble of joy that he felt alongside everyone that'd made the night happen. From the three that worked so hard to design and create the pieces around, to all the hands that'd helped set everything up, to everyone that volunteered their shops for future events and important notes.

{{Wearing :: Bottled Sunshine}}
          addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴏʀʏ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! I'ʟʟ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴡ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ
          Dᴏᴅɢɪɴɢ ʙᴜʟʟᴇᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘᴀsᴛ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          Wʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ
          Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ! Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴀ Mᴏɴᴅᴀʏ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴘʀɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴍᴇ
          I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʟɪɴᴇ
          I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏs, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ sᴀʏ
          "Cᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ! Iᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍᴇ!"

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:39 am

User Image★✩
ECHO ANGHARAD WELLBELOVE

18 years || Slytherin alumna || halfblood
Writer
Daily Prophet

Echo and Taylor had gotten there early before the doors opened– Taylor to get some clean pictures of the shop in, and Echo to conduct her interviews with Milan and the blonde hack he’d set they shop up with. But Echo was on the clock, and she wouldn’t disgrace her brother or family or name by being unprofessional, much less rude to her dear brother’s business partner. She had taken the notes down faithfully, asked questions of both of them and gotten the story honestly. Milan had put so much work into this already. Echo just had to get the word out as effectively as she could.

When she was done, Echo stepped outside to start getting quotes from people in the crowd. She could grab quote from Momma later, but Lena and Jeremy were a priority. She saw a few faces she thought she might have recognized from the wizarding meet up at Fashion Week.

At opening time, Milan had given a spectacular speech, and his co-owner had simply stood there next to him as he did. Now she was stealing more of her brother’s time. They’d be working together pretty much constantly from then on, did she really need to hog him even now?

Then Echo met Taylor’s eyes across the crowd and the rest of her unkind thoughts fried to a crisp in indignation. Taylor Olson was a problem. And it was a problem that was about to get bigger.

The obvious problem was because Taylor was sinfully gorgeous and now not only did Echo have to see her everyday, but also she was in her stylish, chic outfits every day instead of the plain Hogwarts robes. Echo hadn’t gotten laid since she and Syd broke up, and having to see Taylor every morning and work with her work on her desk all day was quite distracting. The more immediate reason was Taylor was wearing an absolutely delightful sky blue suit with cute matching accessories that twinkled at her ears and neck. Echo had managed to put her thought aside earlier, but now Taylor was twirling around, blowing kisses–oh Daphne was getting her photo. Taylor was clearly just playing around, modeling for Daphne’s shots.

Right, work. Echo thanked her past self for charming her notepad and quill to get her interview notes verbatim, because she definitely missed the last bit of what Lena Davission had said. Echo refocused and reviewed the notes. Personally she'd rather talk to Lena about her work instead of her assistant's, but Echo still had so many people to get quotes from.

“Excellent. I think that’s all my questions, at least this time. Did you have anything else to add?”

Lena reiterated how proud she was of Vera and Echo pasted on a smile. “I’ll be sure to mention it. Thank you so much, Lena. I’ll let you mingle, but I’d love to get a photo with you and the new owners before you leave.”

Echo headed back towards her photographers, staring pointedly at Daphne instead of Taylor as she made her way over to her photographers. Did Taylor seriously have to flaunt how damn ******** grogeous she was everywhere? Could she try not to upstage everyone? Today was Milan’s day. And his glorified sewing machine’s, she supposed.

”Can one of you grab a photo of Lena over there? She was Vera’s former boss and dressmaking instructor. I’m thinking something with Milan and Vera, with Momma and Lena on either side –‘Two lineages of design and dressmaking come together at Cloak & Coven’ or something?” Echo bit her lip. Uck, ew, no, that sounded like they were getting married. ”Terrible. I’ll rethink the caption.”

Echo took a deep breath. She hadn’t meant to jump straight to work, especially since it was her first time seeing Daphne that day. “How are you ladies? Daphne, you were late this morning. Everything alright?” she peered at Daphne’s dress curiously. It was cute, but she was pretty sure it wasn’t what Daphne had mentioned preparing. ”Was it your idiot brothers? Speaking of– which one of you told Mr. Delacroix you needed an apartment within walking distance? Didn't both of you get apparating licenses?”

setting Friday, 20 August 2060, the Grand Opening of Cloak and Coven. || with Taylor Fecking Olson and Daphne
appearance 5'9”, slim || wearing navy dress with golden buttons
status Writing the best damn article for Milan + is anyone else mad Taylor is so hot? Just me?

Cinnabun Gryffie

Oh, it's calling
I just can't stop, I'm sorry
I can feel a new day dawn—
I burn up, burn out
I shouldn't do this to myself
But sincerely
Can't you feel what I'm feeling?
I can see my life so clear—
I burn up, burn out
I shouldn't do this to myself
✩★
~"Musician" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:48 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle

Linsey couldn’t help but bask in Milan’s reflected sunlight, literally and figuratively, and not just the bright yellow jacket he was wearing for the grand opening. She was pretty sure if she tried wearing something like it would make her look washed out, but then Milan seemed more at home making fashion choices like that than she. Now that vest… she promised herself that in the unlikely event she made prefect she’d get a vest like that to put her badge on. She had a lot of hopes she might accrue some chances to show she could be responsible, but also knew there were other students in her House who were just as deserving as she, if not more so. However, none of the mattered to her right then. It was Milan’s happiness which gave fuel to her own; this was an even more joyous occasion than them winning the House Cup.

I’m just happy I had the oppourtunity to be a part of all this, and I got to see the grand opening before I have to go back to school. I’ve had so much fun learning and doing things; I just wish there was some way I could still be here too once classes start,” gushed Linsey sunnily. “The shop will be extra busy when it gets closer to the holidays, and I’m sure there will be shows too.” Linsey was reading Muggle fashion magazines, and she was amazed by the glossy photos contained therein, and it seemed like there was always a fashion show somewhere like Milan or Paris or other cities across Europe. In made sense in her mind there were Wizarding fashions shows every month as well, although, in truth, she really didn’t know.

With a sweet smile, she added, “Oh, you should have seen the look in my Dad’s eyes when he saw me in this dress; I thought he was going to cry.” Linsey struck a high-fashion model pose, as though she were one of those impossibly beautiful women she saw in those magazines. “Milan, this is a dream come true; its fantastic to be a part of it all. I’m afraid when I wake up tomorrow, it’ll be that none of this has taken place. Any chance I can get a picture taken? I just want something to put in my scrapbook.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

addaellis

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:56 am

User Image✬✫
VERA YVES SAYLOR

25 years || halfblood squib
Wedding Planner, Dressmaker, and Co-Owner
Cloak and Coven

When she asked who Milan was doing all this for, he seemed to think about it for a moment before replying it was for himself. He sighed, and recounted a memory with his mother–with Madame Wellbelove–. He continued, mentioning the younger generation of stylists and all that would come after them.

Vera wasn’t sure how much she cared about the designers and professionals who would come after her– once she was gone, she would just be gone, right? What mattered was the work she made and left behind. Nothing else would be quite as poignant or clear a reflection of her as a person. But she didn’t mind Linsey, the young girl that had been helping them out as they set up shop that summer. Linsey wasn’t future, but present. She was here, after all, wasn’t she? Vera looked on with a fond smile as Linsey herself joined them, gushing about the opening and all the fun she had setting up and learning and her hopes that she would be able to continue to be involved once classes started.

“If you write letters, we’ll respond,” Vera replied, seriously replying to the statement. “Send us your favorite sketches and we can review them with suggestions. Like your dress of pockets– we can continue to refine designs like that over letters. There’s nothing to do about being here to help to make pieces, but the best you can do for us now is to work on your craft and learn the spells you need to do good work later.”

Perhaps Linsey could come with them to Fashion Week next year. If they could manage a budget, it would be nice to have their assistant with them, and she was sure Linsey would find the entire week as exciting–and overwhelming– to experience firsthand as she had.

Maybe. People were capricious. Maybe in a year Linsey would prefer to be out seeing the world and breaking curses. Maybe in a year Milan would realize he didn't actually need her and lock her out with magic or some sort. Everything was perfect right now, but Vera knew how fast everything could change for the worse, the happy memories just a haunting memory that gnawed on her reality.

”I’m afraid when I wake up tomorrow, it’ll be that none of this has taken place.

It was like Linsey had reached into her head and turned the feelings into words. Vera might have dreaded the memories if this was but a delusion, but she could understand the sentimentality of a photo for those whose memories did not constantly follow them around. ”Allow me then. Turn around, the both of you, we should capture the crowd of support as well for this.”

As she spoke, the sassy mannequin turned, and even though it had no face, she could almost see a trolling grin on it as the mannequin took on the most dramatic position it could in the background, holding the champagne flutes precariously overhead.

”And of course, you’ll have the pictures the Daily Prophet publishes and we’ll have the ones Miss Greensborough takes for us.”

setting Cloak and Coven, 20 August 2060 || with MIlan + friends and family
appearance 5'4", slender || wearing Gold lace and navy blue mermaid dress + black and gold heels + matching nails
status Will Linsey be here next year?

Graydon Ironshield

Because getting made you want more
and hoping made you hurt more
someone tell me
something comforting.
✫✬
~"Something Comforting" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Vera, Linsey, Friends & Family, Shop Owners, Potential Customers
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Grand Opening - 20 August 2060
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A big group picture is a great idea!

Milan wondered what was going through Vera's mind, as so often he did. Something about her way of thinking was so infinitely fascinating to him. Dark eyes watched the blonde a second, before his attention shifted toward Linsey. They really were a nice little design trio, weren't they. "It's been very fun indeed, Linsey, and we couldn't have finished that last set of orders without your help." He offered, hoping to help bolster her spirits. Though, Linsey seemed quite excited already, while Vera seemed more... contented? God, Milan was bad at reading expressions.

Linsey mentioned that the shop would be busier around the holidays, and that there would be shows too. "That's right! And we could use your hands too. So as long as you're willing to work, you've got a place here. Plus, Vera and I were talking about actually having designs hitting the runway at the next Fashion Week. You'd have to get permission and all, but it wouldn't be right not inviting the best shop assistant around." Of course, he and Vera had discussed at length their plans for the shop, their designs, and help they could have. Plus, they'd gone to the last Fashion Week, mostly just to watch and mingle, but it was such a fascinating experience.

It wasn't until Linsey's next words... about her worries that this might all vanish before she could next awaken. He was going to ask a further question, but Vera answered, telling both to turn around so they could also get a little group photo with the crowd all behind them. Milan looked over at Daphne, who was snapping a picture of both Charlotte and Lena. Echo must have had an idea. Once she was done, Milan waved down Daphne. "Hey, Daphne. Vera had a great idea to get a big group photo with everyone. Any chance you can help?"

Daphne nodded, going to her camera bag to grab a small tripod, then walked over. She set it up carefully on a short stand, then adjusted the camera to the right angle. "Wanting to get everyone? I'm guessing framed around you three?" She asked, with Milan nodding along. "Hey everyone! Can we get a big picture with everyone? All our friends, family, and everyone that came to support our dream. We want to get a big picture for posterity sake." Milan called out, watching everyone crowd together. He pulled Linsey and Vera close together, wanting to be with both. Daphne set the camera on a timer, then hurried over to stand with Echo and Taylor. After big smiles, the camera flashed twice, then Daphne hurried back with a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Daphne. I can't wait to see how it comes out." Milan said with a bright grin. Daphne sent over a small grin of her own, though it didn't seem to quite meet her eyes. "I'm sure it'll be great, but I'll get them in the black room first thing tomorrow, and bring them by once they're ready." She took down the tripod, then headed off to put it away and see if Echo needed her camera anywhere in particular. Milan looked over at the crowd, then back toward the girls. "That was a great idea, Vera. And Linsey, you'll have to let us see how the scrapbook turns out. Plus, we've still got a few days before school starts, so as long as you're wanting to help, you're still welcome along. We may be busy this next week."

At least... hopefully they'd be busy. Because now that they were open... well, it was all up to fate on if they'd actually get customers. Luckily, their networking with other shops meant all should get a little boost of business. Plus, Daphne had made them little cards with all the shops, which could be displayed at all the shops along the chain. With any hope, it would be a wonderful experience. Or.... everything was going to blow up in his face.... but he couldn't let that train of thought run. He and Vera had planned this out far too well for much failure. Plus, he had to be strong. Any sign of weakness... and there was the possibility that all the trust he'd built up with Vera... with everyone... would be gone. No, he had to keep himself positive. They'd all do great, and this would be a wonderful experience for all.

{{Wearing :: Bottled Sunshine}}
          addaellis

Graydon Ironshield

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴀs ᴀɴ ᴜɴsᴜɴɢ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ. I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ
          Tʜᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟɪɴɢ. I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ғᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ, I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴡ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx☀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Cloak & Coven
xxx☀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Milan Wellbelove
xxxx☀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Rescue?
xxxxx☀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He didn't know?

Bieito had been in France with his mother - or, as "with her" as one could be - listening as she complained about everything related to even knowing him. How he was a mistake, worthless, and a drain on her finances... but this time he'd finally had enough. He fought back, telling her that she was a terrible parent who didn't deserve to so much as know him. The two shouted for a long time before Tiphanie finally told him to leave. She threw him out into the hallway and locked the door. He knocked hard, saying she at least needed to give him his belongings, but she simply laughed from the inside. Well. Damn.

Without a coat or any money, the trip was going to be difficult, but he was glad he at least had his wand, which had been in his pocket. If it hadn't been, he'd be in huge trouble. It was just too bad there wasn't an international Knight Bus. Thankfully he lived in Paris, so if he could get to the Place de Furstembreg, he could see about getting a portkey or a floo to Diagon Alley. Then he'd just have to get a job enough to cover a room at the Leaky Cauldron until school started. But who would hire a thirteen year old?

With a sigh, he stepped out into the cold, wishing he had been thrown out with a coat. It was a long walk through the city, all the while freezing, but he finally made it to the French Ministry. Thankfully, their floo connected to the other Ministries. Once in the UK, it was a floo over to the Leaky Cauldron. After warming by the fire for a while, Bee stepped out into the alley proper. Maybe he'd find inspiration.... or lights on? Most places had been long closed, but one familiar shop was still lit up. He went to Cloak and Coven, knocking at the door. Milan Wellbelove looked over, before curiously opening the door.

"Bieito, right? Come in, it's freezing as hell out there. I'm not technically open, but you can hang out while I finish working on these outfits." Thankfully he'd been working, at least. "I appreciate it. Do you need help? I... I can do that, as thanks for letting me stay inside for a while. If you need more hands, I can help here too? At least for help in staying in Diagon until school starts back up. I'm sure Mom will forget she kicked me out by this summer." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Milan looked over, regarding him with wide eyes. "She kicked you out? Has this happened before? What can I do to help?" Milan looked shocked, wanting to make sure the kid was okay. He knew their lives were similar enough - single mom in the fashion industry, but Milan's mom wouldn't ever kick out one of the quads. "Oh, it's nothing. She was in one of her usual moods. Usually she spends all of my winter break traveling - which is why I went home, to be alone for a bit. But I guess one of her trips ended early. She hates me because I'm not a girl. Which, I guess is fair, since she resorted to some shifty tactics to try and 'guarantee' a girl." Bee rolled his eyes, hating the woman's antics.

"How did she expect to guarantee a girl? That makes no sense." The older brunet seemed confused, sitting down on one of the couches and patting beside him for Bee to sit as well. "By obsessing over your mom. She figured that your mom had three, but was 'supposed' to have four. Hate to break it to ya, but she considers you a fluke. And she figured that by finding your dad and... uh... getting pregnant, she'd secure herself a girl. But she got me instead."

That had apparently startled him, and Bieito looked rather nonchalant about the news. "I'm surprised you don't know. Mom's been saying she was gonna blackmail your mom for years now. But she's more afraid of losing her job, so I guess it makes sense." He sighed, shaking his head. "Wait... what? Hang on. So that means we're related?" Was that all he'd grasped? "Oui. We're half-brothers on our father's side."

"Holy s**t. Um. Okay. Well, that's new. I'll make sure my mum knows to watch out for catty drama, but for now, let's make sure you're somewhere safe. Instead of staying at the inn... since I don't think you're old enough to rent a room... you can stay with me. I've got a guest room and won't charge. Then, if she gives you any grief, you can stay here over the summer and help out in the shop. That way you can make some spending money for school." Milan rubbed his temples, seemingly thinking of a plan. "Thank you... for all of that. Even just listening is a big help. I've still got to figure out a time to go get my stuff from her house, but thankfully my trunk and most of my stuff is at school. I just brought home some clothes and stuff. Then I've got to figure out what to do this summer if she doesn't let me back in."

Bieito looked over at Milan, who donned a small smile. "Hey, don't worry about it. We'll figure out a plan together. I'm not going to let you freeze to death out there. Come on, help me finish this stuff and we can go up. I'll make you something to eat, if you don't mind vegan." Bee grinned, walking behind his brother toward the work station. "I don't mind anything, as long as it's not peanut based." Bee said, nodding. He only had one allergy, one that he was pretty sure Milan also had.

"Don't worry, there won't be. I'm -" "Allergic."

{{Wearing :: Bieito || Milan}}
          Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴡᴀs ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ. Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʜᴏᴍᴇ
          Mʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ Mᴏᴏɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ᴛᴏᴏ
          I ᴀᴍ ᴀ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏ ғʀᴏᴍ Nᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ Pᴇᴛᴇʀ Pᴀɴ
          Aɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʙᴏʀᴇᴅ, ᴡᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴏᴅs - Aʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ ғʀᴏᴍ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ Hᴏᴏᴋ
          "Rᴜɴ, ʀᴜɴ, Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏ", ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ, "Aᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ"
          Nᴇᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ɪs ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ Lᴏsᴛ Bᴏʏs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:51 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Starting Work
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Good thing we're not outside

After a long night of talking with Bieito (and making sure he was kept warm), Milan was pretty tired. But he had work, so the boys got dressed nicely. Thankfully Milan had plenty of nice clothes in Bee's size, so the younger boy was comfortable and fashionable. Thankfully they were only outside for a brief moment after going down the stairs. Once in, Bieito helped Milan set up the store, getting everything prepared for the work ahead. Once the lights were all on and set up, both seemed rather happy.

"Any big clients today? Or any big events coming up? It's pretty snowy out, so it might be boring." Bee seemed excited for the work, which made the older brunette happy. It was certainly better to have someone who cared than someone just in for a paycheck. "Not that I know of. I have someone coming in tomorrow for a few outfits, so I need to get those done today. But Linsey and Ella are coming in here soon. I took Linsey on as an apprentice of sorts and Ella follows along when she's feeling sociable...ish. I think the Greys are trying to get her used to people, but I don't mind. She's really sweet. I think she's in your house, right?"

The younger boy nodded, a small grin on his face. "If it's Llewella, then yes. I've never talked to her before... but I've also heard some people say she can't talk. The rumor mill is really dumb. But I'm glad Linsey's family took her in. Linsey's probably one of the nicest people at the school." Bee grinned, taking a moment to clean his glasses. "That she is. Now c'mere and help me finish this jacket. Know how to do handkerchief stitches? They're the only thing I'll use with silk linings." Milan stepped over to the mannequin displaying the start of a nice, green and gold jacket. They had a little time before the official open, and he knew they'd probably have time afterward too....

{{Wearing :: Milan || Bieito
          Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Greydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:58 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Arriving upon the familiar Floo grate in Diagon Alley, Linsey was rewarded with a cold breeze swirling about her, accompanied by a spray of snow. She drew a deep breath of the cold London air, and couldn’t help but feel a little bit more awake and alive than she might have otherwise. While the skies were gray, the snows were enough to perk up the Sixth Year’s mood. As she stepped off the grate, she made certain her younger sister arrived as well. Linsey would have preferred to Apparate to work, but she didn’t feel so confident in her abilities that she was willing to risk having a passenger along.

They were comfortably into their winter break from school now, and it was already a busy one. As promised, Aunt Lynn met her, Ella and Finn at the Three Broomsticks, and after having lunch they started their own little adventure. After stopping at home just long enough to drop off luggage, and, more importantly, the dog, Aunt Lynn took them all to shop in Strasbourg, France, site of the Christkindelsmärik, one of the oldest and largest Christmas markets in Europe, with its themed Christmas villages, and the centuries-old Gothic cathedral serving as a magnificent centerpiece.

While today wouldn’t be filled with adventures, skating on an outdoor rink in Alsace, or singing with the choir, Linsey was looking forward to seeing Milan again. She enjoyed creating outfits, and there was a sense of pride and accomplishment seeing a customer walk out of the shop wearing something she made. It was also sweet of Milan to let her bring Ella along with her to work, and even let use his office if things got too…peoplely for her to deal with. As they approached, Linsey could see lights were on in the shop already, though she did glance at her watch to double-check that she was a little early. “Looks like Milan’s getting things up and running already,” Linsey said to her younger sister. “Probably means we’ll be busy today.”

Linsey opened the door, and ushered Ella inside before her. “Bonjou, Milan. Behold, I bring scones and cookies,” she said cheerily, as she entered the shop. She suddenly realized there was somebody else present in the shop. “Hi, Bieito.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, Milan, Bieito
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Scones and Jams
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A new coworker?

Already so far, Ella had been having a rather busy winter holiday. Of course, with the Grey family, the holidays were usually busy, but since the winter one had multiple holidays, it was just chaotic. They'd met with Aunt Lynn to go to a huge Christmas-themed town in France for all the shopping and sightseeing they could handle. It had been an exhausting day, but she had to admit it had been pretty fun. Though she'd opted to hide in her bedroom much of the next day to avoid people. Thankfully, everyone in the Grey family knew she could only handle so much people-ing for a while.

But that day, after dressing in a cute outfit and her brand new sweater, Ella was going to spend the day with her sister at work. She packed a nice book into her bag, then followed after Linsey. The older girl was able to apparate, but didn't feel comfortable bringing someone with her. So instead, they opted for the floo. Linsey went first, with the brunette following afterward. It was freezing outside, but the younger girl took hold of her sister's free hand as they crossed the Alley. "Oh yay... busy..." Her soft voice was carried off by the wind, but she was sure Linsey would get the gist.

Once inside, Ella noticed two people... and it wasn't the two she was expecting. "Oh, good morning Linsey! Good morning, Ella! Come on in. We're just getting set up on a few projects." Milan waved over, laying halfway upside down while he was working on hemming some pants. Ella looked at her sister when she greeted the other boy, one Ella knew from school. "Bonjour Linsey and Ella! Hope you ladies don't mind me crashing the party. I'm ah... staying with Milan over the break." Bieito said with a flush to his cheeks. "Good morning..."

Ella looked a bit confused, but Linsey usually knew what to do. "Oooh, are those cookies?" Bieito asked happily, a laugh coming from behind him. "It wouldn't surprise me. Linsey's good about bringing snacks. And I think she brought scones. For which I have jam and tea." Milan stood up, apparating for a second before returning with a basket of jam jars. "Way too cold to walk outside for me, but here. Jams of all sorts. I got a new blackberry jam from the market and it's delicious." Milan examined the jar for a moment, then looked over at the girls. But yes, Linsey, we're going to be taking Bee in under the wings too... at least for this winter. Hopefully you don't mind? I would've given advanced notice, but I didn't have much myself."

{{Wearing :: Ella || Milan || Bieito}}
          Llewella - #5B92E5 || Milan - #0FC0FC || Bieito - #71A6D2
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:44 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Nothing wrong with busy; makes the day go faster,” Linsey said to her sister as they made their way to the shop. Giving her hand a soft reassuring squeeze, she added, “But, I understand for you, busy means more folk about. Oh, before I forget, would you be interested in going with Aunt Fi, Finn and me to choir practice in a couple days? It might be fun for you.” After that little impromptu jam session, when they discovered Ella could play piano and sing, Linsey and Finn managed to do a couple more similar sessions over the course of the fall, and encouraged Ella to join them in the fun.

Now they were home, Linsey hoped Ella might enjoy the fellowship of the church’s musical community, and there were members of the youth choir who were the same age as Ella. She and Finn were planning to bring Ella over to Aunt Fi’s place so she could play the piano downstairs in the recording studio, where the Causeway Hares typically met to practice and record. Another hope Linsey had was for Ella to feel she could play and sing at the family’s annual Christmas party, where there was always music being played by somebody in the family. The rest of the Causeway Hares, since they basically family anyway, would show up, and there would be a sort of intimate concert which would go off and on as long as anyone was willing to play, and anyone who wanted to join in was free to do so.

When they were inside, and Bieito asked about the cookies, Linsey answered, “I was getting in a little practice before the Grey Family’s annual cookie baking marathon, so I made shortbread, sugar cookies and gingerbread. All of them are vegan-friendly and no nuts were used, if you’re worried about that.” Knowing of Milan’s preferences and his allergies, Linsey taught herself how to make changes to her usual recipes to accommodate his needs.

Linsey pulled off her coat, and hung up her bag, revealing what she was wearing. A long navy-blue skirt over white tights was paired with a vest she made using some colourful fabric she scored from a stall at the market in Strasbourg from an Armenian merchant, and a cream-coloured blouse with full puffy sleeves, and a string tie. The idea was to echo Milan’s usual immaculate look, but with her preferences for bright colours and exotic patterns. If nothing else, she was pleased with how the vest came out, as it showed how much progress she’d made since starting her apprenticeship.

Hearing what Milan’s big news was, having Bieito being a part of the group, she smiled, and said, “Mind? Why would I mind? It should be fun getting to work together. And speaking of work…” She got a certain wellworn notebook from her bag, and set it out for everyone to look at. “I’ve had some ideas for spring and summer that I sketched out, including a cute little dress I plan to make for Ella, but I thought might be something of interest to you guys to make more of for customers.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

Diagon Alley