Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Ideas to Grow Our Guild! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have some poll plat!
  mmm.....free platinum
  thanks!
View Results

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:04 pm
Hello!

I thought a thread might be a good place to brainstorm ideas together of how to get more people active in the guild again whee

So far all I can think of is perhaps posting on social medias the fun that we have together on Gaia in general, but also perks of this guild? Like all the tutorials, getting to talk to each other, bouncing ideas off each other, contests, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:05 pm
gaia_star Space Saving gaia_star  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:07 pm
gaia_star Space Saving gaia_star  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:16 pm
Their happens to be a Gaiaonline group on Facebook that could be posted on. I believe you have to join the group first.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:53 pm
One thing that I noticed is we probably need to make it more user friendly. I think there are some old threads that can be consolidated together (working on it a little) and I thought about if we had a general chat thread too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:32 am
Since twitter is dying, and I never really left tumblr anyway, I was thinking of posting some things there! Part general gaia adventures to show people the site's not completely dead, and part showing avatar and irl cosplays that are from this guild  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:38 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
Since twitter is dying, and I never really left tumblr anyway, I was thinking of posting some things there! Part general gaia adventures to show people the site's not completely dead, and part showing avatar and irl cosplays that are from this guild

Posting outside of Gaiaonline is fine. You just need to be mindfull of Gaia's TOS. In other words advertise the Guild and what we are all about is fine. If that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:42 pm
smithers456

Posting outside of Gaiaonline is fine. You just need to be mindfull of Gaia's TOS. In other words advertise the Guild and what we are all about is fine. If that makes sense.

Anything I post there I intend to follow Gaia's ToS just so if things end up cross-posted somewhere else it'll all be cohesive and adhering to the same rules. I did re-read them recently to make sure not much has changed from before. I know sections 4 and 16 are probably the most relevant posting/linking elsewhere, but I'm not concerned about content misaligning with any of those rules.

My aim is advertising Gaia and our guild while also hoping to draw in some community through tumblr. There's some people on there who've have some very creative Gaia art, so it'd be great to drum up some new interest for Gaia.

I haven't had much time at all to work on the blog layout, but there's a few things I reblogged just to see how I like the template layout. In case anyone also has a tumblr, its here ..  

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:25 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
smithers456

Anything I post there I intend to follow Gaia's ToS just so if things end up cross-posted somewhere else it'll all be cohesive and adhering to the same rules. I did re-read them recently to make sure not much has changed from before. I know sections 4 and 16 are probably the most relevant posting/linking elsewhere, but I'm not concerned about content misaligning with any of those rules.

My aim is advertising Gaia and our guild while also hoping to draw in some community through tumblr. There's some people on there who've have some very creative Gaia art, so it'd be great to drum up some new interest for Gaia.

I haven't had much time at all to work on the blog layout, but there's a few things I reblogged just to see how I like the template layout. In case anyone also has a tumblr, its here ..

Sounds like a good plan. It's not something that has been tried before so it's worth a try. Keep me posted. I don't have a tumblr btw.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:06 am
I think I'm having some issues with my clean up of the Tutorials. There was someone who was doing it before me, but I'd feel guilty to delete someone elses work.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:14 pm
angelmage99
I think I'm having some issues with my clean up of the Tutorials. There was someone who was doing it before me, but I'd feel guilty to delete someone elses work.

I can understand that. We stand on the shoulders of who came before us! Maybe we can think of a way to consolidate everything while still giving credit to the person doing it before?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:16 pm
angelmage99
Ashleigh feel free to edit, delete, and or consolidate any of the tutorial threads that xinitia (Xac) created. Also when you do so please note that Xinitia is the original author on the new thread. The threads in question are 8 years old so I feel it would be a good idea to update them.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:23 pm
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

I can understand that. We stand on the shoulders of who came before us! Maybe we can think of a way to consolidate everything while still giving credit to the person doing it before?
Arisa looking through the threads you will notice that many of them are many years old. I just quoted Angel that it would be a good idea to update the tutorial threads that Xinitia created. I like the idea of "standing" on the shoulders of the members, Crew Members who came before. Each Sub Forum will be on a case-by-case basis as to what to do with the threads in them. One way to consolidate threads is to cut and paste info into a new thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:25 am
Ennichi_Jimetsu
angelmage99

If you see anything that you'd like to delete and I made, tell me. If I don't care I'll tell you to go for it.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:28 am
smithers456
angelmage99
Ashleigh feel free to edit, delete, and or consolidate any of the tutorial threads that xinitia (Xac) created. Also when you do so please note that Xinitia is the original author on the new thread. The threads in question are 8 years old so I feel it would be a good idea to update them.

Thanks.

I'll probably combine them into one thread and link out to different pages like I do with the Cosplay Tutorial thread. I'll put a huge disclaimer that Xinitia did a lot of early contribution and recognize her work, but it'll also recognize that I've edited, altered, and added a lot of things since then.

When I can I'll so do some quotes so it's pretty easy to see their work vs. My own.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff