Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Images in PMs and Journal (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ofbunniesandmurder

Friendly Egg

8,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:29 pm
How do I add images from my computer to a PM, or to my journal, without having to upload it somewhere where it can be seen publicly? I just want my friends to be able to view them, no one else.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:53 am
If I'm not wrong, I believe that uploading images on gaia in a post or journal requires first uploading onto an image hosting site. Based on what I've heard (and also what I currently use), discord is quite popular for image hosting since it also provides a content link once you upload a photo into any chat or server.

Personally what I've done is create a private server (no people inside, just myself lol) and create a channel just for uploading photos that I want to put on gaia. That way the photo is a little bit more private (i.e. you probably wouldn't be able to see it while just browsing the web) and I can still have a link to share an image without creating an account on another image hosting site such as imgur.

If it's confusing, please let me know! smile I can PM to try to explain, or if there's an easier method/this is not what you're looking for, hopefully someone with more experience can follow up!  

GHASTLY EMBER

Egg Master

ofbunniesandmurder

Friendly Egg

8,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:24 pm
GHASTLY EMBER
If I'm not wrong, I believe that uploading images on gaia in a post or journal requires first uploading onto an image hosting site. Based on what I've heard (and also what I currently use), discord is quite popular for image hosting since it also provides a content link once you upload a photo into any chat or server.

Personally what I've done is create a private server (no people inside, just myself lol) and create a channel just for uploading photos that I want to put on gaia. That way the photo is a little bit more private (i.e. you probably wouldn't be able to see it while just browsing the web) and I can still have a link to share an image without creating an account on another image hosting site such as imgur.

If it's confusing, please let me know! smile I can PM to try to explain, or if there's an easier method/this is not what you're looking for, hopefully someone with more experience can follow up!

Thank you for your reply! I don't have discord, not sure how it works, and tbh I didn't really want to have to make another account on another website, but I'll check it out. I'll probably need it anyway if I'm gonna be making more friends. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:37 pm
ofbunniesandmurder
How do I add images from my computer to a PM, or to my journal, without having to upload it somewhere where it can be seen publicly? I just want my friends to be able to view them, no one else.
You can take images from the internet without saving them elsewhere but those are obviously not private. Anything from your computer or saved HAS to be uploaded to a site like Imgur. Most of them you can make it private so no one sees them. But it is another site. I use discord for my stuff because mobile Imgur is obnoxious.

To be short- there isn’t a way to do what you’re looking for.  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces