Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Blood Moon Bath & Beauty Shop

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:25 pm
User Image

Founded by Nani Heulwen and Desi Whitethorne, Blood Moon specializes in bath and body products, soaps, hair products, and everything for a full spa experience.

There is a small area in store to test products and make sure everything is perfect. Nani and Desi are both willing to help find the products that work best for needs, as well as planning gifts for others.

Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday-Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM

(Closed one day a month, definitely not on the full moon, nope)

Now Hiring for Shop Assistants!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:31 pm
Products & Services

Spa Packages
Acrylic Manicure
Gel Manicure
Pedicure
Hair Mask & Treatment
Facial (Revitalizing, Toning, Clay Mud, Fruit Frenzy)

Gift Baskets
Full Bath
Beauty
Spa Starter
Hair Care
Mani/Pedi Kits

Products
Liquid Body Soaps
Soap Bars
Deluxe Bar Soap
Shampoo
Dry Shampoo
Bar Shampoo
Conditioner
Deep Conditioner
Hair Masks

Lotion
Body Butter
Bath Fizzers
Deluxe Bath Fizzers (imbued with magic for extra special effects!)
Body Oils
Face Masks
Sheet Masks (face & body)
Manicure Set
Nail Polish Bottles

All products can be ordered for delivery as well

More services & products to come!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:35 pm
Current Employees

Spa & Store Co-Owners
Nani Heulwen
Desi Whitethorne

Shop Assistants
Now Hiring!

Spa & Product Tester
Now Hiring!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:13 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

20 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

”Alright punks,” Wren said, holding the door open for his not so little family. ”Hair masks are that way. Then nail polish that way. And when you finish picking those out you can go over there and pick shampoo, conditioner, soap, and one bath fizzer. ONE each. If you can’t read the full name you don’t get it. Put your selections in the basket with Dunce.”

Phoebe, who had come with Wren a couple times before, wandered off in the direction indicated as he spoke and waved to Mrs. Nani. As her siblings joined her, she occasionally offered a sample tin for them to sniff. Wren generally had fine taste in soaps, but Phoebe always enjoyed being able to experience something for herself.

Aella followed after Phoebe when Wren had finished instructing them, counting her instructions on her fingers. i Hair mask. Nail mask. Shampoo. Other shampoo. Soap. Funny soap.. Wide eyes were the only indication of her confusion and wonder. She tugged on her hair–silky white and straight with barely even a wave to it– then reached for a couple of the darker-coloured bottles. If it was a hair mask, she wanted a dark colour. Everyone in her family had dark hair. Well, except for Sparrow and Flick, but they had it coloured. So maybe Aella could get hers coloured too. That’s what a hair mask was, right?

Wren watched the kids begin their browsing adventure as he approached the counter. ”Nani. Thanks again for taking us today,” he greeted, regarding the appointment he’d made for the bunch of them. He set Dunce in a basket and suspended the basket at a kid-friendly height near him.

Wren was a bit of a regular at Blood Moon. He'd started with mail-order soaps while he'd been at Hogwarts, although since graduating and starting at Ollivander's he'd stop by every couple of weeks in person--or at least send his cat to pick up something. Wren had his favorites over the years-- he always had a tube of Mint Verbena or Iced Tea Lemonade lotion on him-- but mostly he enjoyed trying whatever Nani and Desi made. Aside from the smell of Dunce and sawdust, Wren usually smelled vaguely like whatever his latest Blood Moon soap obsession was. In terms of services, Wren mostly preferred to just buy the soaps and do his own routine at home-- still, it didn't stop him from coming in every other week for a hand or foot massage--wandmaking was an art, you see, which made his hands the hands of an artisan.

Once in a while though, Wren would get his nails trimmed to perfection-- and that was what he was bringing his kids the twerps in for today-- their debut professional manicures. ”Gel manipedis for the kids. Phoebe will probably want a hair mask. And whatever else they get. I’ll send Dunce or get my stuff another day. Although if that's your latest soap flavors, I'll take that today. Anyways, how’re you and Laili doing?”

setting Blood Moon Bath and Beauty. January 2059 || with Family and Nani
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Very Soft Boy sweater with jeans and blue and gray cashmere scarf
status Kids. Why do I spend so much on them?

//OOC: Present are Flick (10), Phoebe (9), Aella (7) possibly Ambrose (7), Also acknowledged that a hair mask is not hair dye, but I welcome Mea or anyone letting her know that she is debating between two hair masks for curly hair.

Steffy and Trick feel free to yeet the kids in to meet Meallan.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:26 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Blood Moon Bath & Beauty
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Meallan, Wren, Flick, Phoebe, Aella, and Ambrose
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Working
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Mea is having fun, at least

Nani had been preparing the store all morning for Wren's visit. He'd asked about bringing all the kiddos, and she was more than delighted to see them all. And upon learning who was coming along, Meallan decided he was going to join in. Normally on Fridays he went to hang out with Laili and Milo for the day, but today was special. Nani looked up when the door chime went off, smiling as Wren shepherded in all the kids. "Good afternoon, everyone! Come on in!"

Wren began giving directions to all the kids, so Nani stepped into the office to grab her own kiddo. "Mea baby...?" she asked, before noticing that the little one had taken off the receivers from his hearing aids. Knowing that Wren was able to watch the front for a second, Nani crouched down in front of Meallan. "Mea baby, you took your ears off? Come on, let's get them back on so you can say hi to all your friends." With his approval, Nani helped reconnect the receivers and adjust the volume. As soon as she did, the brunette was up and hurried into the main shop room.

"Hi Wren! Hi everybody! You havin' a good day?" He said, voice a little louder than normal. Nani followed the boy back to the main room, then walked over to Wren as he thanked her for taking them all. "No problem at all, Wren. I'm happy to do so for my favorite customers. What's on the agenda for everyone today?" She moved to tie her hair up into a messy bun, preparing for the spa portion of the day. When he started listing the services, Nani nodded, chuckling a bit at the thought of Wren sending Dunce for their order on another day, rather than just leaving with it today. "Mani-Pedis for the kids, a hair mask for Phoebe... probably just one of the deep conditioning ones? As for new scents, I've got one I'm working on now. I'm calling it 'Aurora Borealis'. It's swirled rainbow colors and it smells nice and fruity. I've currently only got bath bombs made, but I've got some soap curing right now. I'll send you with a bath bomb, and when the soap is done, I'll let you know."

She looked back over at Meallan, who had moved to stand beside Phoebe. He handed over one of the hair masks that he knew smelled super nice. "For hair stuff, this one's nice and it smells like pretty flowers! You're a pretty flower, so you should smell like 'em!" Nani shook her head, a smile on her lips. "Laili and I are doing good, though I imagine she's missing her shop helper today. But, we're all doing great. Mea got invited to the advanced class at school. He's really excelling in science and math, which is surprising because I'm terrible at math." She chortled a bit, thinking how proud she'd been when they had their last parent-teacher conference. "How about you and Nim? Are the kids doing alright?"

{{Wearing :: Nani :: Meallan}}
addaellis

Nani - #61B329
Meallan - #FFA824

Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʀɪᴠᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴs ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ʀᴇᴇᴅ
Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʀᴀᴢᴏʀ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴏᴜʟ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴇᴇᴅ
Sᴏᴍᴇ sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ, ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴅʟᴇss ᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅ
I sᴀʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛs ᴏɴʟʏ sᴇᴇᴅ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ
Jᴜsᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ, ғᴀʀ ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ sɴᴏᴡs
Lɪᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴇᴅ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ's ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴘʀɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏsᴇ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:05 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Phoebe glanced over when Meallan’s loud voice greeted them and she waved, signing in letters: H-I. M-E-A. Phoebe wasn’t particularly good at sign language, but she was getting better at her letters, and what she didn’t have well-practised she made up for in casual confidence. Besides, she knew Mea could figure out what they were saying anyways, if she got something wrong. She pointed out her siblings meeting Mea for the first time. “This is Mea, Mrs. Nani’s son. Mea, these are my other siblings, Flick F-L-I-C-K and Aella A-E-L-L-A and Ambrose R-O-S-E.”

She took the hair mask Mea offered with a sound of interest. ” Yggdrasil Flower– Deep conditioning hair mask? Hmhm, thank you Mea.~” she read, finding the matching scent sample and offering it to the others. ” Isn’t Eggdrasil a tree? In….some mythology.” she thought out loud. She sniffed it again, surprised to find a slightly different flavour profile and read the description and following scent profiles. ”Let your senses travel the Nine Worlds of Norse Mythology with nine distinct flowery flavours…Oh, it uses exclusively flower scents to invoke different worlds. How did your moms make this? So much work must have gone into each scent and then compiling all of them into a palette.” Phoebe’s eyes lit up with curiosity as she sniffed again and her eyes crinkled with amusement. “Ah, that was definitely the Frost World. T-H-A-N-K-U. Thank you for this recommendation, Mea.” She didn’t exactly have a present to return, so instead offered Mea a side hug as her mind continued off. ”If you were a flower bouquet what would you like to be?”

Aella meanwhile, took the scents and nodded along. It smelled…different from the last three Phoebe had handed her, but also similar to the second one. How Phoebe kept her head straight in such a strange setting was beyond her, but Aella always thought Phoebe was very smart. ”Hello Mea,” she greeted. She sniffed again as Phoebe noted that the scents changed, but thought it still smelled the same. She passed it over to Flick and Ambrose, wondering if maybe she was alone in thinking it smelled…like something rich and bold, like someone had taken that red lily flower and condensed its colour into a smell. That…made sense, right? ”I’m not a flower, but do you have something that would work for um…” she tugged on Phoebe’s arm with the hand that was still holding a 6 symbol. ”The plant that eats bugs.”

”“Venus Fly Trap? Although have you considered the Fanged Geranium?”

Aella nodded but didn’t clarify further why she had rejected the Fanged Geranium for herself. Instead, she turned back to Mea. “A Vemus Fly-Trapper.”

Across the shop from the kids’ conversation, the adults had their own: ”Eh, if the other kids want a hair mask go for it too. The others might choose to or not,” Wren clarified. He listened with interest at the new bath bomb scent. Fruity, huh? He knew Robin liked fruity smells. And if it had anything like an aurora effect in the water, he was sure it would be a hit with the kids. Robin didn’t have access to a bath at Hogwarts, but xe would probably appreciate the soap. ”Sounds good. Yeah, add one of those and let me know about the soap.”

He make an amused grunt when Nani mentioned Laili would probably be missing her shop helper. ”Eh, that’s what the older owls are for,” he joked. Oh? Anything in particular about math and science he’s taken an interest in? I don’t suppose Laili’s a numbers nerd?”

He shrugged when Nani turned the question back on him. ”Fine, fine. Sparrow’s officially returned to work, Robin’s back at Hogwarts, and these punks all resume school on Monday” he mentioned. ”We offered to hire help but Piper seems to want to take on wrangling a tiny baby.” He shrugged. ”Otherwise we’re managing okay.”

appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Very Soft Boy sweater with jeans and blue and gray cashmere scarf

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Mama Nani's Shop
xxx✴ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Mama, Wren, Phoebe, Aella, and Rose
xxxx✴ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Helping Mama work!
xxxxx✴ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder if mama has any venus fly traps... or gramma?

Mea was super happy when Phoebe signed back to him, since it was always nice to practice something other than lip-reading. "Hi Phoebe!" he signed back, fingers moving in practiced motions. She moved to start introducing him to the others, as well as the others to him. There was Flick, Aella, and Ambrose (but without the A-M-B at the front?) "Hi guys! I'm Meallan, or Mea! And don't worry, Phoebe, I've got my ears on today! These new ones 'got dinos on 'em!" He showed off his new cochlear receivers for a second, excited as always.

After handing the hair conditioner to Phoebe, she asked about the flowers inside. "Yes, I think so. It's.... vikings... no, Norths! That's it." He grinned over at Phoebe, who was reading the little card matching the scent sample. She asked how his moms made the smells, and said there must've been a lot of work in the process. "She uses... um... science! Dis..till... something. Mama Nani makes a lot of 'em, and godmama Desi does some too." He grinned, squeezing Phoebe back when she gave him a side hug. "I'd be... hmm... oh! The orange guys. Tiger Lilies! That's their name. They're cool lookin'. How 'bout you?"

Then Aella joined in, saying hi to him as well. He gave a smile and a wave, excitement pouring from him. She said she wasn't a flower, but asked about something for... plants that ate bugs? He crinkled his brow a bit, reaching a hand behind his ear to make sure his "ears" were still working. Surely he'd misheard. Oh, no, Phoebe spoke again, mentioning Venus Fly Trap plants... Which must be the same one Aella had been talking about. "Pro'lly not here, but my uncle Loki pro'lly does. He owns the 'Pothecary down thattaway." He waved his hand over in the general direction of Slugg & Jiggers. "Well, Mama pro'lly has stuff at home for it. She's got a big ol' garden. She gots-ta have some ideas."

He glanced back over at his mama, but she was talking with Wren about stuff. "That's fine, I can put the masks on, do their nails, then help them rinse out their hair. It should be about the same timeframe." She grinned over at her friend, knowing he liked to spoil his kids, as well as himself. He told her to go ahead and add some of the Aurora Borealis bath bombs and soaps. "Sounds good, I'll add it to the cost. Are you wanting any treatments yourself? I've got a new clay mud mask that's supposed to enrich and brighten the skin."

After talking about her side of the family, Wren asked for more information about Meallan's interest. "A lot of it started with him helping here, I think. With me making all the scents. But he's also good at numbers, but I think Laili's brother Quinn is to blame on that one. He's a freaking math whiz something I've never seen. I can barely keep up, but luckily Quinn likes helping with homework, and Mea being six, doesn't get too much homework anyway." She then angled the question back to Wren, who started about his own family. Sparrow was back at work, Robin was back at Hogwarts, and the rest of the kids were headed back to their own school on Monday. "Mea's off his break next Monday too. Though... the house has been nice and busy this last few weeks. Did you know Laili and I are thinking about adopting a second?" She grinned, grabbing a basket of soap samples from the counter and setting a few in a little stack. "These are for you and the kids, most are new scent samples."

{{Wearing :: Nani :: Meallan}}
          addaellis

Nani - #61B329
          Meallan - #FFA824

I ʙᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ! I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ʜᴏ-ʜᴜᴍ!
          I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ'?
          I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          Exᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ! I'ᴍ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ
          Tʜᴇ ᴋɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴋɪᴅs ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ
          I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ sᴇᴀᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜs
          I'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴍᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴ ᴜs
          "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ, I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ", ʜᴀ
          Tʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ! I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ, ʏᴏ
          I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:33 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Phoebe nodded dreamily as Mea clarified that Eggdrasil referenced the Norths. He continued on that some interesting science went into distilling the scents–”Dis-tilling? That’s a word Wren uses when talking about potions,” she mused. “Tilling is hoe-ing the ground before you plant the plants. We learned that at MagiScouts. And dis- D-I-S means separate. Or D-Y-S for bad.” She hummed absent mindedly as she thought, sniffing the scent again. ”I think it is the D-I-S one. Mrs. Nani and Ms. Desi had to separate the scents, right? So maybe they prepare the plants... in a potion…separately?”

Phoebe finally shrugged. It was some kind of sciencey thing and it smelled remarkable. She was much more curious about why Mea considered himself a tiger lily. It took her a little to recall the plant in question and even then she wasn’t absolutely sure she had the right image. ”The big bold orange ones, right? Like a poppy but with big leafy petals? Bold and bright and loud, I can see that. Why do you think tiger lily though? ”

“I’m a blue poppy,” Phoebe replied fluently when Mea turned the question back on her. Clearly, she had thought this through before. ”I don’t quite remember why, but it was symbolism and colors. Something about dream worlds. Alternate worlds. They’re pretty in any case. I like hydrangeas too.”

Aella followed along–physically anyways. She nodded along gravely when Mea mentioned her uncle probably kept some in his Posh Carry. Aella wasn’t sure what that was, but it sounded fancy. And obviously carried things like fly-eating vemus bug trappers. As they passed a floating basket, Dunce meowed at her and Aella put the black-packaging hair mask and in there. She lingered with Ambrose and Flick as they pursued nail mask colours.

Wren patted the wide-eyed Aella as she wandered by. He plucked the pouch back out, nodding as he listened to Nani continue. ”Nah, nothing for me today. Although save me one of those mud masks. I’ll be back later once the kids are out of my hair.”

He smirked a little at the possibility of gossip. “Quinn…Abrams. Yeah, I remember him. Bit twitchy, right? We chatted on occasion but weren’t too close. More…engineering than chemistry,” he recalled. ”He likes helping with homework does he? Hmm hm. What’s he up to nowadays besides turning his nephew into a little maths geek like him? Research? He seemed like Unspeakable material to me.

”Another one! Do you already have your eye on one in particular or is this a future thing?”
Wren said, glancing back at the kids picking out nail colors now. With a shake of his head, Wren took the two hair masks Aella had picked out for curly hair that she definitely did not have and set them on the counter to swap before Nani got started on the kids.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Trickblues

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦