Welcome to Gaia! ::

World Wrestling Federation Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest active wrestling federation on Gaia Online 

Tags: Wrestling, Roleplay, Roleplaying, Community, Wrestlemania 

Reply Community Events Archive (2022 - 2024)
A Long December Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:48 am
Salem heard a knock on the door of his hospital room, drawing his attention from the smartphone in his hand upon which he was typing towards the closed egress that led into the hall. There were beeps and phones ringing, the shuffling of carts and feet, but he still heard over the ambient bustling a woman's voice calling out to him.

"Salem, are you ready?"

It was the friendly tones of his nurse, Rebecca, who'd become a facet in his recovery during Salem's stay. With her help, he'd went from being unable to walk and wash himself to ambulatory again, the product of many weeks of physical therapy that led to his current accomplishment of having dressed himself in his old clothes for release. Setting the phone down and slipping off the bed, Salem flexed his legs and stretched the muscles before answering.

"Yep, Becca, I'm all dressed. Sorry you missed the show."

The thick metal handle on the door twisted and unlatched from the frame, swinging open carefully to reveal the young woman pushing a wheelchair into the room, shaking her head and laughing at Salem's cocky humor.

"Nothing I haven't seen before, been there and done that." she teased with a wry smile, setting the brakes on the wheels next to Salem, waiting for him to take a seat. Croft tilted his head with a frown, lowering his eyes at the chair in an overdramatic fashion.

"Do I gotta? You know I can walk again, right?"

The woman shook her head back at Salem like a mother trying to get her kid on the bus. "Hospital policy for discharges. And don't -"

"Discharges, huh?" Salem smirked and chuckled as he reluctantly got into the chair, causing Rebecca to let out a defeated sigh.

"I knew you'd do that," she snorted playfully, releasing the brakes and starting to wheel him out into and down the hall. "Besides, your friend is here, they're waiting down at the entrance."

Salem nodded, gesturing to her with his cell phone as they politely rolled by patients and staff, some of which waved and greeted 'The Copperhead' as they passed.

"I know, he texted me already. You could at least let me push myself, though."

"Ohhh, no, not after that cafeteria incident last week. Your wheelchair independence has been revoked, mister." she responded, approaching a set of elevator doors and hitting the call button. "They're probably still cleaning up that mess."

The doors silently parted open, revealing an empty platform that they ingressed onto, Rebecca hitting the corresponding button for the lobby as the steel slabs shut once more.

"Besides, like you said, you don't need this chair, right? Don't you think it's time you got back out into the world? I'm sure your friend is going to be happy to see you, he brought a limo and everything."

"Heh. Yeah." Salem said with a touch of flat sarcasm. "I'm sure he's thrilled. Honestly, these past few weeks were probably the quietest of his life. Surprised he didn't pay you to smother me in my sleep."

"You think he'd do that?" Rebecca answered with mild surprise.

Salem shook his head and laughed. "Nah...not Drako. He'd much rather have the satisfaction of strangling me, himself."

Rebecca shared a brief laugh with Salem as the platform stopped moving with a 'DING', the monitor above the doorway indicating the Ground Floor. "He sounds like a good friend."

Salem nodded again as the panels shifted and opened before them, revealing the lobby.

"Yeah, he is. Don't got many like him."

With those last words, Salem picked up his phone and quickly tapped out a text to Drako, letting him know the pair were coming out as Rebecca ushered Salem through the visiting guests, furniture, and plants of the lobby, feeling the morning light cascading through the large windows outside and warming his face with a refreshing glow as they made for the large entrance doors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:07 am
The limo in question pulls up to the entrance and the door opens. Drako steps out, a slightly annoyed look on his face.

"This has to be the most extra bullshit ever. Why do we need a limo when I have a friggin fleet of cars I could drive just to pick you up?"

Drako rolls his eyes but then looks to the attendant with him.

"Any chance he got some kind of discharge paperwork or something? I promise I don't intend to shove it down his throat, honest."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:22 pm
Salem smirked as the stretch of steel pulled up to chariot him away in style, giving a brotherly laugh to Drako's expression and protest. Rebecca, meanwhile, simply observed with a smile, paying no thought to the pair's antics until she was addressed.

"Because you lost Rock, Paper, Scissors." Salem retorted smugly, snipping in the man's direction with his middle and index fingers. Shaking her head slightly, out of the silliness or in response to Drako, Rebecca answered.

"No, no paperwork or anything like that. His discharge has already been filed and processed. We would like to know where he's to be staying, should any follow-ups be necessary."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:35 am
"Says the douche canoe who always chooses scissors." Drako flicks him off and turns to Rebecca. "He'll be staying with me. My address is on file."

Drako steps to the side of the still open limo door.

"In you go, your royal pain in the a**. We got a trip ahead and things to discuss, not the least of which is your general douche baggery and hard headedness."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:49 am
Salem let out a chuckle at Drako's rebuttal, distracted for a couple seconds by the humor as his mind processed the rest of Drako's statement. Already out of the chair and sitting on the fine leather interior of the limo by the time he caught up to his friend's words, Salem glanced back with nervous realization at Rebecca.

"Wait, HIS house? You know they call that place a dungeon, right?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:01 am
Drako rolls his eyes.

"It's called the Dragon's Den, jerk, not a dungeon. Don't just broadcast your kinks out to the world. Now get in the limo."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:10 am
Salem mouthed the words 'help me' to Rebecca as the limo door closed, shutting him in as the nurse turned to Drako and reached out to shake his hand.

"Well, seems like he's going to make a full recovery, if his attitude is any indication. If you need any help or there's any changes in his condition, just let us know. I'm sure you're going to have a handful."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:18 am
Drako shakes Rebecca's hand. "Nah, I'll be fine. I've got backup to help keep him in line and on the mend. Now after he's on the mend, hopefully you don't see him again. he does dumb things."

Drako walks around and gets into the limo on the other side.

"Really? You tried to tell her it's a dungeon? If I have a dungeon, you're not the type I'd invite to it anyway."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:27 am
Salem laughed and waved his hand dismissively at Drako, glancing around the rear cabin of the limo in search of something as the driver pulled off, exiting the parking lot and beginning its trip down the highway.

"Please, I lost my virginity in a dungeon. Yours wouldn't impress me. Now, tell me they have a mini bar back here. Been a month since I had a shot and that hospital didnt have my medicine."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:31 am
"Hmm, maybe it would have if you'd added that in when you cheated at rock paper scissors. Unfortunately, you just insisted on the limo. So here's your limo, d**k."

Drako smirks. If he had to cave into getting a limo to drive Salem home, he had to have some form of payback.

"Besides, probably shouldn't drink before we get to the house."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:38 am
Salem hung his head back, his posture taking one of frustrated defeat as he groaned loudly, exaggerating the tone for dramatic effect.

"Auuuuggggh! You're telling me Mr. World Champion can't even budget for a beer in this thing? Is Cartwright paying you in peanuts? At least tell me there's some weed waiting there. I'm not taking those pills again. Also I didn't cheat, you just suck."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:43 am
"I can afford a lot, even with Cartwright being, well, himself. Side note, you did see what I did to his office, right? Even gave a slight dedication to you. Which I now regret because you suck."

Drako is somewhat enjoying himself.

"Also, why would I bring you weed? Do I even like you today? Wait, I'll answer that, no, not really. Suffer."

The champ chuckles to himself. It's really the little things that bring joy after all  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:50 am
Salem sighs despondently and hangs his head in his hands, balling a fist and punctuating his words with little punches to his own temple.

"Why. Are you. My friend." he grumbles, his mock agony turning to laughs just a few seconds later. Leaning back in the seat, Salem turned his head towards Drako and shrugged his shoulders, his expression losing the humor and becoming more serious.

"Well, I'll figure that stuff out later because I'm not staying with you sober. But for right NOW, what's the plan, capĂ­tan? Besides showing me highlights of you breaking Cart's s**t. You never told me the deal."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:59 am
"I'm your friend because someone has to tell you're that you're being a d**k. Also, I handled your lightweight for you. Totally beat the guy that hospitalized you. As for the plan, well, Wrestlemania is around the corner and you've been out for a while. Time to whip you back into shape, preferably the shape that you were in when you were able to beat my brother twice, not whatever the hell you were in when you let Bison try to kill you."

Drako turns to look out the window.

"A few weeks in the Den with us should have you back to the old Salem, the hungry Salem, in no time."  

Drako Damone

Salem Croft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am
Salem nodded and listened to Drako, chuckling a tad as he rolled his friend's words over in his mind, eyes going a little vacant as Croft contemplated the past, further back and more recent, chewing on the memories for a moment.

Thoughts of the ups and downs he'd had with the Damone family, from his first faction teaming with Drako to his first and only world title against his older brother Jarel, if anyone knew about Salem's competitiveness, it was them.

"Hungry? Heh...after all that hospital food, I'm famished. But seriously, thanks. There's some checks due that Bison and Cartwright are gonna cash...I heard Cart paid Bison a bounty on me, taking me out like that. True or not, I'll make them regret getting off at my expense. Speaking of expense, what's the rates at 'Casa De La Drako'? We got a hot tub, pool table, hopefully a bed?"

Community Events Archive (2022 - 2024)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff