Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Where have I been?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:32 am
Oh gosh! Been a HOT minute since I even posted in this guild.
Well, a lot of this happened in my life. I moved into a new apartment,started a public wage subsidy at a museum (for 1 year. It was cut short which I will elaborate further on) and... yeah I got diagnosed with
breast cancer
at the tender age of 35. Sadly, one of my sisters got diagnosed with the same thing shortly after I got it too.

So, I started work for this museum which was contracted for a year. It was tough, to say the least since it was located so far from my home. I had to take a two-hour bus ride each way, every day. It meant getting up at 4 in the morning, to arrive on time. Long days of work, but gosh it was incredible, so rewarding and I got to meet some astonishing people! I helped do some very light curating, and pack down the old collections (the museum was moving its collections to a new storage facility). It meant I got to handle some incredible items like a pocket from 1600, union banners from 1800, pottery fragments from the middle ages, and the like. In short, for a historian, it was the dream!
I also helped come up with new activities for families, did some user interactions and did some research.

The people who worked there were so nice and so welcoming and we had so much fun. I was there for just 8 months before I got diagnosed with
breast cancer
. That happened in February 2022, and I started my treatment within a few weeks. They were so fast at getting me assorted into a program where I could start my chemotherapy. It was a long and rough process. One where I ended up needing surgery redid to place my ChemoPort correctly, two biopsies, a blood transfusion, several MR scans, a single CT scan and a double mastectomy (removing both breasts). But, I can now officially say I am
cancer-free
and thriving! It's been almost a month ago since I had the mastectomy and I am still healing. There were a few complications, but nothing harrowing or dangerous heart

My sister will be getting her other breast removed, hopefully, once she's done with her chemo sometime in September. The doctors were baffled, to put it nicely, over how two women in their mid-thirties, and sisters for that matter, could get diagnosed with
breast cancer
so early. We're not sure how it happened but they got a sneaking suspicion it's genetic. This means that both she and I are undergoing full genetic sequencing to see IF it's a genetic thing. So far, they haven't found any genes linked to high-risk or mid-risk of getting
breast cancer
so young. This means we need to do complete genetic sequencing which is a lengthy process. It takes between 6 months to a whole year and we're still waiting for their results.

Yeah, so it's been a hectic period, haha! Both my sister and I are healthy now, but still dealing with the aftermath of it all. It'll take some time before we're at a new normal status quo. I am currently on sick leave, been busy drawing and trying to stream again. Hope you are all well, and I hope you have all been keeping safe and happy, even during this pandemic heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:57 am
Madeleine Heilburg
*hugs tight* we are so happy to see you  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

11smokey29

Adventuring Star

13,415 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:14 pm
Wow...2 hour bus trip?!! But I'm glad you enjoyed the work!
And congratz on beating (spoiler)!! emotion_bigheart
emotion_kiss  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:20 pm
I think you dropped this thing -> gaia_crown

Stay strong c:  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:57 pm
Thank you all! I am happy to be more active!
And thank you for the congratulations ;w;
I am doing really well and slowly healing up. I am not entirely healed yet, but we're slowly getting there heart  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games