Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Any Regrets?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

Rysabi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:43 am
I'm just gonna start calling these daily discussions.

Daily Discussion 6/30/22

What is your biggest regret and why?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:33 am
…how dark is this allowed to get?
Asking for a friend  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:36 pm
Marc Gosgosh
Asking for a friend
please keep it PG-13 following tos and guild rules  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Darkness and Wings
Marc Gosgosh
Asking for a friend

Thought so ^^

My biggest (pg-rated) regret is generally having a bad timing with social situations.
Not being able to call it quits when I should, not talking things out…  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Rysabi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:08 pm
Marc Gosgosh
Darkness and Wings
Marc Gosgosh
Asking for a friend

Thought so ^^

My biggest (pg-rated) regret is generally having a bad timing with social situations.
Not being able to call it quits when I should, not talking things out…

Big same! I'm terrible at being social irl. Typing online is easier though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:34 am
Just recently I was reminded how awkward I can get rofl

Set up: my fiancée and I had a child in February. In my country it is (somewhat) mandatory to involve social services in the first months/years so if he young parents are over their heads or want/need to know something, they can get help asap. 2 weeks ago we had one of those talks where workers come to visit and check whether we want or need help.
Additional: I was the only male in he room rofl (or the only one able to talk as my son is nowhere near talking at this point…nothing comprehensible anyways)

Soothe topic shifted to whether we are doing ok in regards of going for daily walks and I enthusiastically explained that we are doing very good. Doing a lot of prep even before he is put in the stroller (feed him, change his diaper, make sure he was everything needed and we have everything in spare what he could need like diapers for changing or another bottle of milk we can mix together on the go). I also explained that by doing this, he would always be very calm and mostly sleep…and not give us a hard time.

I, err, I didn’t notice the stares at that time but my fiancée pulled me aside later and ask me „wtf was that? lol
Apparently every other person in the room understood it as „I am glad we can make the little **** shut up and don’t bother us while we do the groceries“

Yikes lol

I mean, yes, it is easier to do the groceries, ngl. But that wasn’t my point or intention. I wanted to convey that we a) take care of him in a very detailed way and b) he is so relaxed with what we are doing that can mostly rest in the stroller.
I want to add that we don’t force him to sleep. If he wants to look at stuff or around, we let him do that. But although he likes to watch cars drive by, he likes to watch from a distance so a few times taking the stroller and walk near a street have been…suspect to him. Same with taking the local city train or a bus. The speed with which the stuff outside the window rushes by is very suspect to him.
I would be lying if I said I am sad about this. Having natural respect for speedy objects is a good survival instinct.  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PyroSaphuron

Friendly Bloodsucker

11,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:44 am
no regrets many dislikes  
☆ Chatterbox

Manage Your Items