Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do I unsubscribe from Items/Sales Announcements?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nightlight Moon

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:06 pm
I keep getting notifications about Items/Sales Announcements and I'd like to unsubscribe, but I can't figure out where to do this...
Thank you for your time  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:58 am
You can unsubscribe from those kinds of announcements? O.O

I doubt you can. But then again I only ever checked the surface level of the options in all the years I have been here.
Sorry :/  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:04 am
I wish I remembered. Someone once told me and I opted out. But I can't remember how.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:33 pm
Dang, I checked all settings from the drop down menu and I found nothing. If it is possible, I am obviously intrigued to learn about turning it off, too smile  

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Nightlight Moon

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:56 pm
Thanks for the replies, hopefully someone can find how ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:36 am
Nightlight Moon
I keep getting notifications about Items/Sales Announcements and I'd like to unsubscribe, but I can't figure out where to do this...
Thank you for your time
I might be wrong but I think it was staff alerts that I was thinking of. In the staff announcement thread there's an option for disabling staff alerts. Nothing for sales announcements. And that's the button I was thinking of. So it must be the staff announcements and not the sales ones lol  

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

Rysabi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:30 pm
I think better gaia or ultamate gaia extensions lets you block it.
I remember back when I used Adblock years ago you could block that with some script thing. I don't remember how to do it.

With Adblock I blocked nearly everything in the header because it was annoying to have all those gifs of stuff. xd

If Knight Yoshi was still active I'd ask him because he's the one who originally showed me. He's not around anymore though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:48 am
BetterGaia doesn't, I have that, and I would have gotten rid of it if that were the case smile  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers