Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Archives
🌅Summer Solstice Story Contest🌅 Closed!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Storytime!
  Funny?
  Embarrassing?
  Heartwarming?
View Results

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 6:49 pm
User Image

✨✨✨

Rules

Tell me your most interesting summer fun story! It can be fact or fiction!

The three best will win the prizes below, but all will win a prize!

Follow the Gaia ToS!

Prizes

First Prize: User Image + 5k platinum

Second Prize: User Image + 3k platinum

Third Prize: User Image + 2k platinum

Honourable Mention: User Image
+ 1k platinum

Have fun!

✨✨✨

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:05 pm
User Image

✨✨✨

JoyRose

When my daughter was small, we spent our summers traveling and having tons of fun. My favorite summer was when we went to Disney World, I know many families go there frequently, but for us it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip. We got 9-day passes to the four parks, and my wonderful husband who hates travel and amusement parks was not planning on coming, He watched us plot and plan and asked, "What are you possibly going to find to do to fill NINE DAYS?!?"

We just laughed and went and had the BEST time riding rides, watching shows and parades, swimming on our "day off" (I'd bought 10 days at the nearby campground), and collecting precious memories. On our last day, I knew I had "done it right" when my daughter looked up at me and said, "OK, Mom, we've seen most everything now." It was a summer I hope to never forget for the bright memories and fun times!

Darkness and Wings

I have no idea what my "most interesting" one would be. Plus what's interesting for me is different than what's interesting to you. You might find all of my girl scout trips interesting. Or when I went white water rafting. That was super fun, but I had a bad experience that same trip. I spent two summers in Chicago. I like to travel a lot.

I've been a lot of places, seen the mountains and oceans, rode a train. Working on a pea farm at 12 is interesting.

Butterfly Bumps has stated hers is not an entry  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:07 pm
User Image

✨✨✨

Top Winner is JoyRose!
Second place is Darkness and Wings!
Thank you both for entering smile

JoyRose

Darkness and Wings'

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 8:08 pm
User Image

✨✨✨

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:23 am
When my daughter was small, we spent our summers traveling and having tons of fun. My favorite summer was when we went to Disney World, I know many families go there frequently, but for us it was a once-in-a-lifetime trip. We got 9-day passes to the four parks, and my wonderful husband who hates travel and amusement parks was not planning on coming, He watched us plot and plan and asked, "What are you possibly going to find to do to fill NINE DAYS?!?"

We just laughed and went and had the BEST time riding rides, watching shows and parades, swimming on our "day off" (I'd bought 10 days at the nearby campground), and collecting precious memories. On our last day, I knew I had "done it right" when my daughter looked up at me and said, "OK, Mom, we've seen most everything now." It was a summer I hope to never forget for the bright memories and fun times!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:49 am
JoyRose

lol you can fill several weeks without repeating any rides, then you repeat stuff.... Plus pool time, seeing characters, eating ect. And they've added so much.

My parents saved and saved to take my brother and I too. I was 12, we went for five days and it was unforgettable. One of the only trips we ever got to take because of finances. But it was so much fun. I have an autograph book full of signatures from Minnie, Mickey, chip, dale, the toy story people, and more. And this was in 2000 so we saw Mickey's house, and a bunch of the rides before what they've built in the last 20 years. Part of me wants to see pixie hollow and harry potter but I really cherish the original things like Mickey and Minnie. Seeing the Fantasia show. You know? I have a picture of my brother and me with Mickey mouse next to an orange tree that's shaped like him. The tree is his head and ears, and all of the oranges are shaped the same. They use to show his cartoons on a projector too. Or a bug's life and they'd crawl behind you. I remember honey I shrunk the kids 3d live too.

This isn't my entry i just wanted to share a shared experience. I love what you did for her  

Butterfly Bumps

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:57 pm
I have no idea what my "most interesting" one would be. Plus what's interesting for me is different than what's interesting to you. You might find all of my girl scout trips interesting. Or when I went white water rafting. That was super fun, but I had a bad experience that same trip. I spent two summers in Chicago. I like to travel a lot.

I've been a lot of places, seen the mountains and oceans, rode a train. Working on a pea farm at 12 is interesting.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:01 pm
JoyRose

Sounds wonderful!  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 pm
Butterfly Bumps
JoyRose

lol you can fill several weeks without repeating any rides, then you repeat stuff.... Plus pool time, seeing characters, eating ect. And they've added so much.

My parents saved and saved to take my brother and I too. I was 12, we went for five days and it was unforgettable. One of the only trips we ever got to take because of finances. But it was so much fun. I have an autograph book full of signatures from Minnie, Mickey, chip, dale, the toy story people, and more. And this was in 2000 so we saw Mickey's house, and a bunch of the rides before what they've built in the last 20 years. Part of me wants to see pixie hollow and harry potter but I really cherish the original things like Mickey and Minnie. Seeing the Fantasia show. You know? I have a picture of my brother and me with Mickey mouse next to an orange tree that's shaped like him. The tree is his head and ears, and all of the oranges are shaped the same. They use to show his cartoons on a projector too. Or a bug's life and they'd crawl behind you. I remember honey I shrunk the kids 3d live too.

This isn't my entry i just wanted to share a shared experience. I love what you did for her

Sounds like the time of your life biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:05 pm
Darkness and Wings

Sometimes its in the way you tell it, I'd pick a time i look back on as an adventure, and talk about it smile  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:03 pm
FaereFae
Darkness and Wings

Sometimes its in the way you tell it, I'd pick a time i look back on as an adventure, and talk about it smile
that's a good way to do it. Do I need to redo mine? Or is my entry okay?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:45 am
Darkness and Wings
FaereFae
Darkness and Wings

I took it to be more of an opinion on what makes a story interesting. Perhaps a specific time you had fun, and describe it?  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Darkness and Wings
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:59 pm
FaereFae
Darkness and Wings
FaereFae
Darkness and Wings

I took it to be more of an opinion on what makes a story interesting. Perhaps a specific time you had fun, and describe it?
I just started my story that way lol. I shared a little about a lot. But it's ok  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:11 pm
Tomorrow is the last day to get a story in!  

FaereFae

Crew

Friendly Kitten

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200