PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:34 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Name: Folami
Race: Octopus-merman
Home: somewhere in Southern Atlantica
Family: ??

Likes: traveling, meeting new people, magic, trading (he's a merchant and trades magic goods)
Dislikes: staying in one place too long, evil magicians, too much sunlight (he's used to living deeper in the ocean and has sensitive eyes), people assuming he's a weirdo just because he has tentacles

Personality: He's more of a reserved guy, but gets along well with most people since he's good at being diplomatic.
History: Folami grew up in a small colony with other octopus merfolk who can use magic, including shape-shifting. He learned how to enchant items that can protect other merfolk, and that's mainly what he sells since he started his work as a merchant at age 16. He's been traveling around ever since, finding new merfolk to sell and trade useful magic items with. He met Paige and Hugo once, since Hugo was curious about the enchanted items he had but didn't end up buying anything; Paige is still suspicious of him.

Weaknesses: He can't see as well in bright sunlight, and he doesn't like fighting unless absolutely necessary- he'd rather hide
Strengths/abilities: He's very good at magic, especially protective charms and shape-shifting; not only can he change his skin color (from purple to blue, red or brown) but he has other forms- he can also turn into a human or a giant octopus, although that takes quite a bit of energy. He can use his shape-shifting magic to turn people back into their original forms, but not into something they've never been before. (For example, he could turn human Paige back into mermaid Paige; also, she's been human, so he could probably revert her to the human form again. He couldn't turn a mermaid who's always been a mermaid into a human, though.)

Theme Song: literally the same song as Paige. they just have the exact same taste in music.

approval- DISapproval (jk)  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:39 pm
Ultrabord
CrystBalfast
Ultrabord
User Image

Name: Alguna
Race: Merfolk
Home: Near the shore of Nautilina
Family: Unknown

Likes: sleeping, eating, reading merfolk scrolls, being alone
Dislikes: most people, loud noises, any interruptions except the occasional friend visiting

Personality: He's basically a hermit and he's super lazy. He has a few friends including Paige and Hugo, but he avoids most merfolk and humans.
History: He left home at age 12 because his family was too annoying and totally didn't get him (really they cared about him but knew he would be better on his own.) He got tired of relatives asking if he would marry a nice mermaid because he's not attracted to females. Several other loner merfolk live in the surrounding area for better protection, but they only interact occasionally when going out to find food. He did befriend Paige and Hugo while they were warding off hungry sharks that probably would've tried to eat him.

Weaknesses: He's lazy and not the best fighter or swimmer; he's often antisocial and doesn't get along with a lot of merfolk.
Strengths: He's really smart and hard to fool; his cynical nature means he rarely gets into trouble.

Theme Song: probably something from Homestuck (idk. search Homestuck theme song, it'll be something like that.)

approval- not yet

So what are his human outfits like, when he meets a human girl, it would be cute.
I already told you, for him he's gonna meet a human guy. And I'll have a human form later, I just wanted to get this out now. In fact, I'll probably just do the human form in the mermaid scene maker like I just did for the octopus merman.

Okay  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:39 pm
How Paige and Hugo met Alguna

Paige and Hugo don't really spend a lot of time with their adoptive family- not because they don't love them, but because their school and now their new job keep them away. They love adventuring, finding new things, meeting new people and rescuing people and animals.

One morning while they're traveling near Alfitaria and having a conversation about which fish are friends and which are acceptable for food (FISH ARE FRIENDS NOT FOOD redux), they realize they've reached a river. "Paige, look! We should see what's up this river.
"Yeah, that sounds like fun, but we should be careful not to go to far in case the water gets too shallow for comfortable swimming."

They swam up the river, but to their surprise, it didn't get too narrow at all- rather, it led to a beautiful lake with old stone ruins at the bottom. Were they merfolk ruins, or human? It was hard to tell, since everything was so worn down. Most of the lake was sparkling and beautiful, but at the bottom there was a bit of mud swirling around. They saw a couple fish swimming around, and to their surprise they saw a flash of a webbed humanoid hand- were there some type of merfolk here, as well?

Paige and Hugo swam deeper and further until they reached some half-collapsed stone ruins that formed an underwater cave. "Hello? Is anyone here?" Paige asked, and hearing no answer, she cautiously swam inside. Hugo followed tentatively, since anything could be lurking in the shadows- poisonous snakes, piranhas, or even-

"What in Triton's name are YOU doing HERE?" A young, slightly chubby, greenish-brown tailed merman with webbed hands appeared, glaring at the explorers. "This is like, my foyer. Why are OCEAN merfolk here in our quiet lake?"

"We're so sorry, we'll leave now- I'm Hugo and this is my sister Paige, and we were just exploring since we love seeing new places. I didn't realize anyone lived here, and my sister did ask with her um, exceptionally audible voice."
"Yes, but not everyone swims like a sailfish, I was resting and it took a minute to get up."
"I'm sorry, I should've waited longer to see if anyone was around," Paige added.

The lake merman was still glaring at them as they left. However, when they tried to swim back down the river, they found to their shock that it was only half as deep as before, and very difficult to pass. "Curses! Must be the tides, we've been exploring this lake for too long and now the ocean has claimed our passage. We'll have to wait it out around here." Hugo sighed.
"Don't worry bro, it could be much worse-" Just as Paige said this, the largest pike she'd ever seen swam up, and it had the nastiest teeth. She grabbed her spear off her back and immediately swiped at it, hoping to scare it off, punctuated with a blast of magic water current. Unfortunately, it had friends- a dozen more of them appeared. They had to be as long as Paige and Hugo were. "Bilge rats, we'll have to find some place to hide!" Paige and Hugo didn't have much time to think, and the only place they could find to hide was in the rocks where that lake merman lived.

"Look what the catfish dragged in. I see you're here to harrass me MORE."
"No, it's not like that, I promise- we need help, there's a whole school of giant pike out there, and our passage to the ocean is half drained! I promise, I'll pay you real gold if you let us stay here for a few hours until the tide rises again."
The merman sighed, swiping his muddy brown locks out of his face. "Very well, you may stay here, and no need to pay me- as long as you're quiet and leave tonight when the tide is high." Hugo had to resist the urge to sing the human song, "The Tide is High."

Paige and Hugo stayed there until evening came and the moon rose. They found out this lake merman's name was Alguna and he was 17 years old; his family lived somewhere else in the lake, but he left home because they kept trying to set him up with some mermaid or other but he wasn't interested; he was quite lazy most of the time, but fairly good at hunting for food like shellfish and seaweed; and finally, that although he was introverted and lived mostly like a hermit, he was still a caring merman- after all, he'd let them stay in his home.

That night as they left, he followed them and they called out for other merfolk. "This way, you won't be swarmed by a bunch of giant pike; a good sized group will easily be able to fight them off." They agreed it was certainly more dangerous than their usual lone sharks. "Usually out in the ocean, we have plenty of room to escape from large groups of predators- better than a lake to me, for sure," Paige commented.
"I agree sis, but that won't stop us from exploring them, will it?" Paige laughed and shook her head.
"Both of you are total loonies." Alguna rolled his eyes.
"We appreciate you too!" Paige waved cheerfully and swam back down the river with Hugo. Alguna didn't wave, but he nodded at them and flipped his catfishy tail in their general direction.

And that is the story of how Paige and Hugo met Alguna, the hermit.  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:17 pm
How Paige and Hugo met Folami

About two months before Paige and Hugo met Tauriel and Anselm and were transformed into humans, they were patrolling further south in Atlantica than they usually did when they spotted a strange creature- they couldn't tell if it was a squid, octopus or merman from a distance. They swam closer and realized it was, in fact. an octopus merman, a species of merfolk they rarely saw this far north in the ocean. He appeared to carry a large bag over one shoulder and wore a bit of metallic armor for protection, but they couldn't tell who he was or what he was doing there.

"Halloooooooo!" Paige sang/shouted, loud enough that anything within several miles would hear her. The strange octo-merman turned in their direction, curious; he began to swim closer.

"He'd better be friendly, and not another one of those rogue villains like that evil mermaid we met last week." Hugo gripped one of his double-ended horn daggers.

Paige shrugged. "All the better if he is, one more threat to eliminate. Hopefully he's a good guy; he does remind me a bit of that ol' witch Ursula, but it doesn't make him an evil wizard just because they're the same dang species."

"Of course not- but Paige, you know you're just gonna give him the third degree like all those other merfolk travelers we've met in the past two years. 'Oh stranger, what are your political views? Hey Mr. rando, what brings you greatest joy in life? Could it be MONEY? Are you a BANDIT??' And all those other fun topics you love to cover." Hugo dodged a directed water vortex attack from Paige.

"I do NOT ask them if they're bandits, you lump of dead brain coral. Anyway, he's getting close now. Hello, stranger! What's your name, birthplace and occupation?"

The octopus merman was now close enough that he could definitely clearly hear them, even when they talked normally. They noticed he had medium purplish skin, deeper purple tentacles, and nearly black dreadlocks. His eyes were also very dark, although they seemed to shift to a lighter brown color as he swam deeper into the darker water. "Greetings, I am but a simple sorcerer and merchant from the south- not a bandit, unfortunately. My name is Folami."

"Hello, I'm Hugo, a traveling warrior. The exceptionally vocal one is my twin sister."
"I'm Paige, savior of sealife and scourge of the seven seas. Just kidding, I'm also a traveling warrior like my twin brother, and a sorceress. Although we do save sealife frequently."

Folami told them it was very nice to meet them; he explained that he sold various enchanted goods like clothing, enchanted stones, spellbooks, wands and staffs, among other things. Hugo was interested in possibly purchasing a spellbook since he still didn't know how to harness magic the way Paige did, but he didn't have room in his bag for an entire spellbook, nor enough gold for one of those pocket-dimension bags that has more space on the inside than out.

Paige still wasn't entirely certain whether he was an honest salesman or not either, but at least he was very polite and friendly enough. After a good hour of chatting, the twins helped him out by telling him the way to the nearest merfolk village. "Thank you; it was a pleasure meeting you." Folami waved all his tentacles, and slowly swam away.

"Well, I was pleasantly surpised- he was much less creepy than I expected from someone with tentacles," said Paige.
Hugo shook his head. "The only creepy one here is you, judging someone by their species."
"Ah. You're right, I shouldn't have said that. I still don't trust him, but he's certainly not a villain, at least. It's very interesting to meet a foreigner, we don't get so many of those in the ocean up here."
Hugo agreed. "Yes, and despite your ridiculous and ignorant comments, I think you liiiiked him."

Paige shot a jet of water at her brother, which started a whole impromptu sparring session. They swam along, patrolling and teasing each other as they always did.

Meanwhile, Folami found the merfolk village, at which point he deactivated his hearing amplification spell. "Hmm, he thinks she liked me? Not like I care or anything. Nope. They're just some random strangers. She's just some random girl..."

You keep telling yourself that, Folami.

And that's how Paige and Hugo first met the octopus merman wizard merchant.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:59 am
CrystBalfast

Okay. I hope see some Adventurer characters for the nations of ivalice when all goes well. But we'll talk about that later if that's okay with you.
Have a good night.
I'm considering bringing my one character who's based on this mule account's avatar here, and maybe she would attend the wedding thing with Elsa and Grant? Anyway, I'd post her profile here in this topic as well; her name's Elizabeth Cereza and she's literally just the product of Gaia avatars I've made on this account. I think she'd make a good craftsman/woman maybe, and could live in the new nation you made- so it would be near Lerozon's home, but closer to the center of the Artisans Republic. I do have a non-Gaian image of her (after all, the avatar I have right now is a fictional AU- she's not a mutant in an apocalyptic world in real life LOL.)

She can build furniture, she makes art and sings for fun, and she's pretty good at cooking too since she's been cooking with her family (like me IRL, she has two younger siblings; unlike me, she actually cooks LOL. she's basically a more idealized version of me, but with darker skin and curly black hair, although in this world I made it dark plum colored.) She definitely loves exploring, so in the future I might put her in a roleplay.

User Image  

NaturallyPragmatic
Chimera

Sugary Shapeshifter

15,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:52 pm
User Image User Image

Name: Orville
Race: Human
Home: Artisans Republic
Family: Amatys- older sister; parents who live in this world's equivalent of Spain (maybe Avalor)

Dislikes: loud, busy places, rude people, pollution/litter

Personality: Quite shy especially around nice pretty girls, but likes to hang out with friendly people sometimes; currently attending a university for mages/witches/wizards since he's smart and good at magic; very caring overall
History: Orville graduated from magic academy two years earlier than most kids since he excelled both at regular academics and magic. His parents also live far away, so he had something to bond over with his friend Lerozon. His sister also attends the same university, so he spends quite a bit of time with her- she's his best friend. He lives in a small house in Artisans Republic along with three other young male students; like many university students, they split the cost of the rent. He works part-time at the local library since he likes the quiet, studious atmosphere.

Weaknesses: Orville is quite shy and avoids confrontation whenever possible; he's also not as physically strong and he's self-conscious about his smaller size, and cares a bit too much what other people think
Strengths: He's very kind and caring- he loves helping people, and he's very smart

Theme Song: none yet
approval- partway there  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:10 pm
User Image

Name: Elizabeth Cereza
Race: human
Family: mother, father, two younger siblings (sister, age 16; brother, age 14)

Likes: working, reading, swimming, walking around and exploring, shopping
Dislikes: creepy guys, litter, stinky stuff, the fact she can't use magic

Personality: Intelligent; very loud and mostly extroverted; she loves talking to people unless they're rude/creepy; very energetic and needs to burn off that energy or she gets cranky; loves helping people and animals.
History: Elizabeth attended a regular human school and did quite well, before starting to take on part-time jobs such as cooking, crafting furniture, and making art to sell. She had a crush on Orville, but he's a bit younger and they didn't go to the same school so she never had the courage to talk to him, but he was too shy to talk to her anyway so nothing every happened. Lerozon had a crush on her, but she didn't return the feelings and everything's a bit awkward but at least civil between them.

Weaknesses: Sometimes she gets cranky when she's tired, hungry or frustrated and comes off quite rude; she has trouble being quiet
Strengths: She's intelligent, skilled at several things, and loves to help people (and animals)

Theme Song:
Approval: "I don't need anyone's approval, I'm gonna unapologetically be myself." <- her quote  

NaturallyPragmatic
Chimera

Sugary Shapeshifter

15,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:42 pm
I'm on a character design binge, so let's goooooooo
User Image User Image User Image User Image

Name: Torren
Race: merfolk
Home: Nautilina
Family: second cousin Norine

Likes: school, music, hanging around with family and friends
Dislikes: sharks, dark/abyss, being alone too long, huge open ocean areas

Personality: Torren is quite quiet and introverted, but enjoys being around others who are more extroverted and friendly. He's smart, but sometimes doesn't try his hardest or gets distracted by other things- a bit ADD.
History: Growing up in Nautilina, he's been acquainted with the other mermen and mermaids in the area, but isn't close friends with the royal families. He's had a crush on Kendall for a couple years but he's too shy to say anything. He learned how to play the harp and sing.

Weaknesses: afraid of huge open areas (agorophobic) and sharks, doesn't like being alone, sometimes has trouble focusing and gets distracted or spaces out and daydreams (a bit of ADD- attention deficit disorder)
Strengths: he's usually peaceful and relaxed and gets along well with most people; he has quite a bit of musical talent himself and works well as long as he doesn't get distracted.

Theme Song: none yet, but maybe something with harp in it
Approval: sure  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:55 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Name: Norine
Home: Atlantica
Family: Torren, he's her second cousin; Alguna, he's her third cousin on the other side of the family

Likes: music, reading, animals, being alone, doing jobs she actually likes
Dislikes: being around too many people, pollution, criminals, chores (any job she doesn't like)

Personality: Like Alguna, Norine is pretty much a loner. She likes fish better than people, literally- "Fish are friends, not food"- she'll eat shellfish though, they're not technically fish- clams, oysters and mussels are her favorite foods; she also eats plenty of the seaweed she likes to hide in.
History: She grew up in a small community in Atlantica, and occasionally visits her distant cousin Alguna- they're friends; she has a pet octopus and a pet king crab who are her best animal friends.

Weaknesses: mostly antisocial, sometimes lazy when she's not interested in something
Strengths: loves animals, cares about her relatives and few friends a lot and would protect them at all cost, very creative and resourceful

Theme Song: none yet
Approval: close enough  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:08 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Name: Amatys
Family: Orville, younger brother; parents who live in this world's equivalent of Spain

Dislikes: large crowds (too distracting), rude/prejudiced people, magic being used for evil

Personality: Somewhat similar to her brother; Intelligent, quiet but tough, tries to be kind to everyone, very loyal and hardworking (if she was in the Harry Potter AU, ravenclaw/hufflepuff, lol)
History: She went to the same magic academy as Lerozon and also graduated early, she's going to the same university as her brother Orville, and started working as a teaching assistant at the magic academy a few months ago. She plans to become a full teacher after she graduates university. She's acquainted with Lerozon, but they're not close friends at all, since they were in different classes. She lives separately from her brother, but they still visit each other every week. She dated a couple times (guys at school), but hasn't been in a close relationship before.

Weaknesses: She tends to avoid stressful situations too much, and she doesn't like drastic changes; she's sometimes too much of a perfectionist; she doesn't have much physical strength
Strengths: She always tries her hardest, she's good at magic and other book knowledge, she always tries to be empathetic and caring

Theme song: none yet
approval- pretty much complete  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm
SIDE CHARACTERZZZ (more to be made later)
I made Amatys and Orville's parents just for LOLs (they're mage gardeners). Note: their ears aren't supposed to be pointy, I just love the pixie scene maker so much for shorter characters.
User Image

Elizabeth's younger siblings- Oliver, 14 (apprentice carpenter) and Ana, 16 (artist in training)
User Image  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Queentintin

Vice Captain

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:58 pm
wow bord,youre quite good ,impressive bios ! =)

so I have made a new mermaid bio-Coralie, with Crys' help =)
just thought I'd let you know^.^ have a super Wednesday bord 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:00 pm
images for possible future roleplay OCs:

Qi'dra- side character (fairy godmother, lol) and Kalisi (white mage- Qi'dra is her mentor and literal godmother)

User Image
User Image User Image

male mage (his ears aren't pointy IRL, it's just the pixie dress up game) and elf guy

User Image User Image  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Character Profiles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff