Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm
Even though I'm only starting with two who are partly original, partly based on characters already existing in this world. There's a high chance I will add other original characters later. Saving this post for a list of character names and stuff.

Done/mostly done:
Paige, mermaid (18 )
Hugo, merman (18 )
Alguna, catfish/lungfish merman (17)

(Paige Page 2)
Dipika, human adventurer/priestess/dancer, female (16)
Lerozon, human sorcerer/adventurer, male (17)
Folami, octo-merman (20)
Elizabeth, artisan (19, nearly 20) -on my other account
Orville, human mage, smart but also shy, attending university in Tipa (16)
Amatys, human mage and assistant teacher (17.5)
Torren, merman (16)
Norine, mermaid (20)

(Page 3)
Kalisi, human white mage (18 )
Api, human red mage (16)
Riomin, elven mage (?? 20 in human age, around 30 in actual years)
Anette, human adventurer (18 )
Manuel, human aventurer (19)
Shaesa, mermaid (18.5)
Sheldon, merman (20)
Moana, mermaid/human (15)
Mako, merman/human (14.5)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:40 pm
Ultrabord
Even though I'm only starting with two who are partly original, partly based on characters already existing in this world. There's a high chance I will add other original characters later. Saving this post for a list of character names and stuff.

Paige, mermaid (18 )
Hugo, merman (18 )

Okay. I hope see some Adventurer characters for the nations of ivalice when all goes well. But we'll talk about that later if that's okay with you.
Have a good night.

Ultrabord

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:49 pm
Edits: Added their main human styles and Gaia Avatar Builder (merfolk version) images
User Image

User ImageUser Image User Image User Image

Name: Paige
Race: Merfolk
Home: Nautilina, Atlantic Ocean
Family: daughter of Madison (magical birth like Aphrodite), sister of Hugo and all those other children of Madison (too lazy to list them all)

Likes: Exploring, fighting/sparring with her siblings and friends, making her own clothes
Dislikes: Too much loud annoying singing (mostly from her siblings), pollution, humans who litter/overfish

Personality: Paige is strong, passionate, but introverted- she only has a few friends, but they are great people
History: TBD since she's a character who's just suddenly been added to a pre-existing family, but she's been magically born like Aphrodite but as a child. Later moved in with Madison and family.

Weaknesses: When she gets angry, she gets VERY, VERY angry and creates strong riptide currents. Sometimes has trouble getting along with people.
Strengths: Very strong water magic, pretty decent at other elemental magic as well, but she prefers to fight without it as much as possible; she has become good at physical combat, especially with a spear. Also sometimes, she does get along well with people- the ones she feels comfortable around.

Theme song: pirates of the caribbean- he's a pirate (the original, and this piano version)

Approval- CrystBalfast

User ImageUser Image User Image User Image
Name: Hugo
Home: Nautilina, Atlantic Ocean
Family: Same as Paige.

Likes: Exploring, fighting/sparring, fishing, collecting treasure, mermaid music
Dislikes: Pollution, overfishing, being around his sister when she gets angry, being "single and lonely" (lol)

Personality: Hugo is clever, agile and a good fighter, but he prefers smaller weapons like daggers or fighting without weapons; he only wants to protect his family and friends against those who would harm them. He tends to be melodramatic and has trouble acting normal around girls his age, he usually hangs out with his sisters, male friends and pet (TBD).
History: Basically the same as his sister Paige, he was born divinely at the same time she was, etc.

Weaknesses: social anxiety around pretty girls, not great at magic
Strengths: extremely good at swimming, fishing and fighting; very observant.

Theme song: Yeah I'm lazy so it's gonna be "Listen to your Heart" and that'll be his quote.

approval- CrystBalfast  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:07 pm
More outfits for Paige and Hugo
Human Paige (first one's hair is supposed to be a darker red though)
User Image
User Image
User Image

Human Hugo
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:00 pm
To: Ultrabord

Reserved

Ultrabord

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:01 pm
Ultrabord

Reserved  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:11 pm
User Image User Image
Name: Lerozon
Race: Human
Home: Just south of Tipa- northern region of Artisans Republic
Family: parents and a little brother who live in Rabena Te Ra

Likes: Exploring, practicing his magic even though he makes a mess of it, meeting new people
Dislikes: Dishonest people, making foolish mistakes especially with his magic, being alone

Personality: Lerozon is usually very friendly and sympathetic, although he can't stand people who are dishonest or violent. He's a sorcerer, but he still has a lot to learn; fortunately, he loves learning.
History: He grew up in the suburbs of Rabena Te Ra where he was friends with pretty much everyone at school and in his neighborhood, but he always wanted to travel and see the world. He learned magic under an old sorceress/witch (Elena), but even though she's an excellent teacher, he still has trouble controlling his magic. He got into some trouble with local thugs because his magic got out of control a few times, so he tries to find non-magical work for now until he improves.

Weaknesses: He gets depressed if he's alone too long, and he would rather be like Robin Hood and steal from greedy, rich dishonest people and give to the poor even if it's against the law.
Strengths: He does have very strong magic potential, and like Robin Hood he wants to help people in need; he's great at caring about others so long as they're honest people.

Theme song: Homestuck, vol. 5-6 - Courser

Approval- yep  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:20 pm
User Image User Image User Image

Name: Dipika
Race: Human
Home: Agrabah
Family: (some poor unnamed parents)

Likes: Dancing, singing, traveling, serving in temples (she's a priestess), nature, trying new foods
Dislikes: small, dark spaces (mildly claustrophobic), corruption, pollution

Personality: Dipika is a sweet, lively person, although she's a little shy around strangers. Her poor overworked parents tried to raise her well, but they used to give her time-outs in a small closet, so she's a bit claustrophobic.

History: The only daughter of a poor family, Dipika grew up in a small hut, so as soon as she was old enough she became an apprentice at a local temple. She learned to sing and especially dance to praise the benevolent deities in this world and to entertain and inspire other people. She dated a guy in her local town for a while, but he didn't really care so much about her personally, he just wanted a girlfriend, so she broke up; soon after she decided to leave since it was awkward being around him and his new girlfriend.

Weaknesses: She shuts down when she's scared, can't do anything; mildly claustrophobic
Strengths: Kindness, singing/dancing abilities

Theme song: (none yet)

Approval- yeah  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:24 pm
Ultrabord

Reserved  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:25 pm
Ultrabord

Reserved  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:30 pm
CrystBalfast
yeah, I figure that Nim and Kendall would both get turned human in this, but they would eventually go off on their own separate adventures. Perhaps another merman character as well, maybe one who has a crush on one of these mermaids already but hasn't had the courage to talk to her. Maybe one of them will even fall in love with Anselm, if he's still single

The next profile I'll be posting here will be Alguna, but I don't have an image for him yet. Then I'll post Folami, who I do have images for.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:32 pm
Ultrabord

Reserved  

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:56 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Name: Alguna
Home: Alfitaria, lake
Family: Unknown, but they also live in the lake

Likes: sleeping, eating, reading merfolk scrolls, being alone
Dislikes: most people, loud noises, any interruptions except the occasional friend visiting

Personality: He's basically a hermit and he's super lazy- somewhat antisocial, but caring deep down inside. He has a few friends including Paige and Hugo, but he avoids most merfolk and humans.
History: He left home at age 12 because his family was too annoying and totally didn't get him (really they cared about him but knew he would be better on his own.) He got tired of relatives asking if he would marry a nice mermaid because he's not attracted to females. Several other loner merfolk live in the surrounding area for better protection, but they only interact occasionally when going out to find food. He did befriend Paige and Hugo while they were exploring; they were trying to ward off some vicious giant pike but they were outnumbered, and he let them hide in his shelter.

Weaknesses: He's lazy and not the best fighter or swimmer; he's often antisocial and doesn't get along with a lot of merfolk.
Strengths: He's really smart and hard to fool; his cynical nature means he rarely gets into trouble, and underneath his snarky nature he does care about his friends and family.

Theme Song: elevator music remix of Homestuck theme, Elevatorstuck

approval- yeah  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:57 pm
CrystBalfast
Ultrabord
CrystBalfast
yeah, I figure that Nim and Kendall would both get turned human in this, but they would eventually go off on their own separate adventures. Perhaps another merman character as well, maybe one who has a crush on one of these mermaids already but hasn't had the courage to talk to her. Maybe one of them will even fall in love with Anselm, if he's still single

The next profile I'll be posting here will be Alguna, but I don't have an image for him yet. Then I'll post Folami, who I do have images for.

Which mermaid character would that be for Anselm? That and both Nim and Kendall would blush after becoming human by a human's magic.
Since they're your characters, you should probably decide. Though I'd probably be more likely to make another merman character who has a crush on Kendall, so maybe Nim would fall in love with Anselm, if you want that.  

Ultrabord

Crew

Spicy Trash

33,375 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100