Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
MagiScouts - Now open for new scouts!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:33 pm
User Image

MagiScouts was founded in 2055 by Aspen Hill. This is the headquarter location, as much of the business is done wherever the camping happens to take place. Typically during the school year, Aspen is more frequently in shop, as summer is the prime time for camps. If anyone wants to sign up their kids for day camps, individual activities, or full camps, please fill in the application and speak with Aspen (or whomever is in the shop at the time) to discuss needs and education desires.

Hours:
Monday-Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm

Now Hiring Camp Counselors!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 pm
MagiScouts Activities, Classes, and More!

To join MagiScouts, you must be at least 7 years of age, however, for certain classes, some modification can be made. For siblings of magic students (or underage siblings), please speak with Aspen to make accommodations, since legal notes may be required. For disabled campers, accommodations can be made in order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the campers. It is our policy to do everything in our power to help those that need it, so please feel free to request what is needed.

For multiple campers, discounted rates may be negotiated - applications are required for ALL campers!

The Full Summer - 70G
Includes all day camps, all weekend camp trips, and any extra classes at 1/2 price!

DayCamps Only - 50G
Includes all day camps (10am-5pm), Mon-Fri for the duration of summer - extra classes at 1/2 price!

Half Summer - 35G
Includes day camps up to 3x/week for the duration of summer OR full day camps for either the first or last half of summer - extra classes at 1/2 price!

Camps Only - 15G
Includes all Weekend Camps (2/month)
*Only for campers 9+ who have taken Camp Essentials class*

Hiking and Camping - 10G
Includes 4 specific weekend-long trips in small groups, learning hiking and deep-woods camping
*Only for campers 13+ who have taken Camp Essentials and Survival Skills classes*

Extra Classes - 2G Each (if classes have multiple parts, the whole cost will still be 2G)
❧Gardening and Growth (take a dive in learning the basics of herbology and botany!)
❧Make it Yourself! (work with your hands to make crafts, such as birdhouses, planters, and more!)
❧Camp Essentials (learn all the basics to camping, including tent setting, campfire building, and basic survival)
❧Survival Skills (a deeper dive at camping, including tricks and tips for surviving in the wilderness)
❧Culinary Kids (learn some basic cooking and baking, including easy recipes that don't involve the stove!)
❧Stars & Space (an intro to astronomy, including navigation via the stars)
❧Splash & Swim (swimming lessons and water safety knowledge)

**If you need any assistance paying for any classes or packages, please speak with Aspen to see about scholarships or discounts!**  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:53 pm
Current Employees & Campers

Owner & Head Counselor
Aspen Hill

Camp Counselors
Aspen Hill
Martin Kieran

Special Guests and Class Leaders
Nimbus Siddall - Culinary Kids & Gardening and Growth

Current Campers

Application for Employment
[b]Employee Application[/b]

[b]Hello, my name is:[/b] [url=PROFILE LINK]Full Name[/url]

[b]I would like to apply as a[/b] Camp Counselor or Class Leader [b]at[/b] MagiScouts

[b]The things I love about this shop are: [/b] (minimum of five)

[b]The things I hate about this shop are: [/b] (minimum of five)

[b]Oh, yes, there’s something else I need to tell you: [/b] (Any additional information necessary to this application)

[spoiler][quote="Miss GryffindorK"][/quote][/spoiler]

Application for Campers
[b]I'd like to register[/b] [url=PROFILE LINK]Child's Name[/url]

[b]They are currently[/b] age [b]years old[/b]

[b]I'd like them in the package/class(es)[/b] (Full Summer, DayCamps Only, Half-Summer, Camps Only, Hiking and Camping, Individual Classes)

[b]My child has skills in[/b] (camping, swimming, hiking, etc) [b]that would be helpful in camp[/b]

[b]I attest that my child is capable of following instructions and will come to collect them early, should something occur that they need parental intervention.[/b]
(parent signature)

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? MagiScouts Main Office
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Paperwork
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Paperwork... but maybe a little nap...
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Probably should've told someone I was hanging out. Oh well.

Aspen had been on bedrest for seven weeks now, and she was fully ready to start tearing her hair out. Being home alone was bad enough, but add to that the fact that she wasn't allowed to do anything (as if she physically could), and it made everything so much worse. Sure, Eion had gifted her a little farming video game with a soothing soundtrack, but after long enough, even that got boring. So, this morning she'd come up with a plan. Once Reggie left for work, she struggled to roll herself off the couch and onto her feet. One of the babies was kicking her lung, causing heavy breathing.

She dressed herself, struggling to get her sandals on around her heavy belly. Finally, once she'd gotten dressed, she apparated off, landing in her office at work. Breathing a heavy sigh of relief, she flicked her wand to activate all the lights. Ahh, just what she needed, some good, hard work. She walked over to her rolling chair, plopping down with a heavy sound. Laying her head back, she closed her eyes just a moment. Maybe, just maybe, her friends (and family, doctors, and random strangers) were right about her needing to rest.

"Come on, Aspen. Just a half hour or so on paperwork, then you can go help Nim with flowers... or maybe get lunch and go home for a nap. Either way." She sighed, grabbing the top paper in the stack. A slight twinge of pain hit, but she was sure it was just one of the babies rolling and wiggling. As she started to fill out the paperwork, her eyes drifted, and she relaxed back... just for a tiny little nap....

{{Wearing :: Cute Maternity Outfit}}
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ
          Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ
          Sᴏ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs
          Oʀ ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ɪғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ɢᴇᴛs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
          Rᴏʟʟ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ᴊᴏɪɴᴛ, (ᴏʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ)
          Jᴜsᴛ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs
          Cᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏsɪɴ', ʏᴏᴜ 'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛ 'ᴇᴍ
          Jᴜsᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ 'ᴇᴍ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴏɪɴ 'ᴇᴍ
          Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:37 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch hype pal

“What do you mean you didn’t include a budget–Wren, seriously?”

Robin’s summer had started, as usual, with checking the accounts. Nim–bless him– had made sure the family’s personal finances were in order. Mrs. Salazar had taken care of most of the Foundation paperwork. Everything was done and meticulously detailed when Robin checked, except for two very important projects–Wren’s pet projects were missing. Robin had immediately written an owl to Hailey Scheer, knowing she kept diligent books. But Aspen had been out for maternity leave– Wren was supposed to have an updated proposal accounting for everything they got from camp fees over the last couple years–for folks who could pay the fee anyways– but apparently Wren hadn’t had the time yet. It was, as he had said 4 months ago ”all there in the office, I just haven’t put it together yet.” But he had lagged long enough– how was Wren supposed to make a case for MagiScouts adding a year-round after-school program without all the data?

Robin had, thankfully, left xer exasperation at that. Wren was busy at work. The summer season meant a new class of students who would need wands after all. Xe would just have to do it xemself. Plus maybe xe could help out with some of the other paperwork for the upcoming summer.

”Hello?” Xe had heard from Counselor Kieran–Mr. Martin, as the kids called him– that most of the counselors were setting up and not in the office that day, so xe hadn’t expected anyone in the office. ”Oh! Aspen! How are you and the babes doing?

Robin made xer way over, happy to see xer friend but also confused. Aspen was huge! ”Aren’t you supposed to be on maternity leave? What are you doing in?”

setting MagiScouts offices, Summer 2059 || with Aspen?
appearance 5’6” spindly || wearing Strawberry print shirt + black slacks
status Aspen? What an unexpected--but always pleasant-- surprise

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I'm a work of amber and rain
All at once forgotten, but refined
The loneliness adds value in time
I have walked a mile with sorrow at my side
And recovery and heartbreak close behind
Our shared lives, mistaken for sunshine
And the tragedy is knowing that
We won't know who we are
Because who we are is resting in
The knowledge of "whose" we are

❧❦
~"Amber and Rain" by Caleb Hyles

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 12:33 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Robin
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Expense Reports?
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is a new pain

Aspen was just drifting off when the sound of someone being nearby jostled her sleepy brain. Green eyes blinked sleepily and looked around, trying to find the source of the noise. Just as she was about to dismiss the sound, someone spoke up. Pushing herself back into a sit, Aspen offered a small grin as Robin walked in, looking startled to see her. "We're doing alright, though someone's got a foot wedged in my ribs, I think." She rubbed her belly, still trying to appear perfectly healthy and fit enough to have left the house.

Robin asked the dreaded question, wondering why Aspen had left her leave. "Oh.. um.... yes, yes I am. But I had... important paperwork?" Her voice betrayed her lie, though it could also be the fact that she was simply in pain today. The brunette flipped through the paperwork before her, before finally settling on a sheet with lists of money coming in and going out. "Aha! Expense report, right? Since you're the finance guru... oh, they're not done. N-no problem, I'm sure I can crack it out?"

She looked at the numbers, half in her own handwriting before she'd been forced to take leave, and half in Wren's neat print. The numbers didn't make sense in her brain, but she hadn't been here in two months and honestly had no clue what money had come in or out of the place. She rifled through the other papers, hoping to find more to help, but instead, she looked pitifully over at Robin. "I... I can't find the numbers. B-but I will, I'm sure! I just... urgh..." Aspen leaned forward, one hand tightening around the fabric of her top as a roll of pain touched over her. She drew in a few deep breaths, trying to push the pain back down so her head would focus.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:06 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

”Oh! Sorry,” Robin remarked as Aspen pushed herself up, eyes blinking open. Xe had thought she might be thinking, but now thought she might have been trying to sleep– growing not one but two little lives must be tiring work. When Aspen remarked that someone had a foot in her ribs, Robin’s first instinct was to maybe move the foot–only to realize she meant a foot from within–could she feel it so keenly? That was incredible!

”Not more important than your health!” xe piped at Aspen’s excuse that she had important paperwork to do. Robin was more familiar with death than birth, but if Sparrow’s pregnancy was anything, xe could imagine that Aspen wanted nothing more than to run around but was simultaneously too tired and too clumsy to do so without worrying everyone around. And Aspen was way bigger than Sparrow ever was–and she wasn’t fully at nine months yet! Xe offered a conspiratorial wink. ”You know you can always come over, right? If you’re feeling stir-crazy, we’ve a house full of kids and a baby to keep you entertained. You’ve got more excuses than work to get out of the house!”

Aspen called xem a financial guru, which brought a touch of a blush to xer cheeks. Xe nodded, joining Aspen across from her desk. ”That’s what I was here for actually. Wren said he left everything in a blue file folder?”

Aspen remained positive they would find the numbers, before suddenly letting out a grunt of pain–of pain? Soreness? Tightness? She took a few deep breaths, and Robin reached a hand out, hovering in case xe could do anything but otherwise let her breathe through the movement. ”Let me get you some water,” xe said, moving to grab a mug. ”Or would something else help? Heating pad? Snacks? A walk?”

setting MagiScouts offices, Summer 2059 || with Aspen?!
status Aspen! What an unexpected--but always pleasant-- surprise

[align=center][color=white]_______________[/color][/align]

[url=https://pin.it/59MkkZ9][imgleft="height=100,width=100
https://i.imgur.com/oehyCXS.jpg[/imgleft]User ImageUser Image
We won't know who we are

❧❦

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Expense Reports?
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is a new pain

Green eyes blinked sleepily when Robin apologized for startling her. "Oh please, don't worry. I was just... doing some breathing." She nodded softly, a stray leaf falling from her messy curls. She vaguely wondered where that had been hiding, as she hadn't been outside too awful much lately. After mentioning her desire to get out of the house, Robin (bless xem) invited her to the Winchester house anytime. She offered a grin, paired with a little chuckle. "Thanks for the offer, Little Bird. But unfortunately, I've gotten put on a bedrest order, and honestly, I just needed to sneak out for a bit. I'm sure if I went to your place, the news would somehow get back to Reggie, who'd look at me with those big ol' sad eyes..." At that, a small laugh escaped her.

When she mentioned the monetary spreadsheet, Robin agreed, saying Wren had left everything together in a blue folder. "Oh, he must've done an updated version. Let's see... oh, here." She grabbed the aforementioned file, flipping through the paperwork to make sure it looked done. "Yes, it looks like it's all here, but you should probably double check. As much as we love Wren, we both know he's not particularly fond of paperwork." She grinned, one hand rubbing her tummy.

As the bubble of pain filled her, Robin quickly asked about getting some water, or perhaps something else. "Oh, no, no... I don't think so. If I just... breathe through it, the pain usually goes away after a couple minutes. The doc said this is pretty common toward the end..." Sure enough, as she slumped back in her seat a bit, the pain faded, though one (or probably both) of the babies started a tumble around. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes to try and hide the wateriness in her eyes.

addaellis

[

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:47 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

Robin thought for a moment as Aspen explained that just visiting would disappoint or worry Reggie. If something as simple and harmless as visiting friends would worry him, Aspen might be in a more precarious position than xe had imagined. ”He’d certainly not want you at work then! Um…how about this. If you’re feeling antsy, send me a message and I’ll head over right away. Or… I can send one of my siblings at least. We could read or watch movies or talk or go on a light walk around your place?”

Surely this is what Nim or Eion would have offered if they didn’t have work–or their own pregnant wife– to care for. Robin had meetings, and tutoring….and always seemed to find some social or church thing that xe wanted to attend that filled in xer days and evenings. But this was supposed to be summer break, and it was meaningless if xe couldn’t make time for xer friends.

Xe paused to examine the paperwork that Aspen had found. It looked complete, but like Aspen said, Wren wasn’t particularly fond of paperwork and Robin knew xe should check everything over.

Before xe could sit down and get to work though, Aspen slumped back in pain and xe asked if xe could help out. She said nothing was necessary, and she could just breathe through it, but it didn’t seem quite right. Xe waited nervously, breathing with her. Once it passed though, xe would nod and vanish into the hall anyway to fill up the mug–and xer own water bottle. ”Does that..happen a lot? A lot more now, I mean. You’ve only a few more weeks to go, right?”

setting MagiScouts offices, Summer 2059 || with Aspen!
status What can I do for Aspen here?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
We won't know who we are

❧❦

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 10:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Pain and Suffering... and Chit-Chatting
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe Reggie was right

Aspen grinned a bit when Robin seemed quite concerned about her health. "Don't worry, the doctor just says I need to rest and stuff. Not like... bad. Just... these little buggers sap all my energy. Also, I dunno if you noticed, but I'm practically bigger around than I am tall. Plus, Reggie over-exaggerates my condition." She nodded a bit, a small grin on her lips.

Robin, bless xem, offered to join her for movies, walks, and everything else. "I appreciate that, Little Bird. Everyone's been pretty good about keeping me company. Sometimes we play games... Eion found a little farm game to play. But, I'm just so stir-crazy. I had to get out of the house." She huffed a small sigh, wishing she was more able to wander. She'd love a nice walk around the alley about now.

After the wave of pain pushed through her, Aspen sank in her chair and tried to focus on breathing. Robin nodded and returned with Aspen's favorite mug, which the brunette took with a shaky hand. "It's... pretty hit or miss, but it's been rough today. I can't tell if they're kicking or if it's just a weird cramp. But the pain has been bananas for the past two weeks or so." She set the mug on her tummy, secretly glad that she'd been able to use it as a table. It worked best with bowls of fruit. It didn't last long though, before another wave came through, causing her to tense up. With that motion, the mug fell to the ground and cracked.

Aspen groaned heavily, trying to force her breath back into order.

addaellis