Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prosperity & Ruin

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Soul Eater-based role playing guild. Active in 2022! 

Tags: Soul Eater, Roleplay, DWMA, Witch, Dark Fantasy 

Reply ⇨ DWMA
💀⇨ Event Plaza [ Cirque du la Folie ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cirque du la Folie is a small travelling French circus that visits the DWMA specifically every three years. Otherwise, it tends to stay confined in France. Lord Death never comments on the circus beyond acknowledging its existence, so little is known about the importance of it visiting the academy every few years.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

• The circus tent encompasses almost the entirety of the event plaza behind the academy. Admission is in the front of it, where a man will accept tickets from civilians or school ID for admission, though the circus is 18+ for civilians and 16+ for DWMA students. However, there is a slit in the very back of the tent where certain shifty students could edge inside.

Other notable details are the popcorn vendors out front and a lack of worker tents outside the circus where one would expect the performers to be waiting. There also seems to be some anti-magic, nauseating force around the circus, though someone intelligent might surmise that the force functions outwards like a bubble effecting what is outside the circus, meaning the anti-magic work is not functional within the circus. Magical creatures and people alike may find an opportunity to slide aside when the sigil is waived during the intermission...

User Image

"Come one, come all!" Adelaide announced inside the circus tent, her voice carrying outside for those who were curious but undecided about whether or not they wanted to enter. She gestured welcomingly to those that entered the circus and filled into the audience seats on the perimeter of it. She stood in the center like a ringmaster, tigers stalking around the outer circle of the performance area as the lights focused on the seats and Adelaide in equal measure. "Please be seated so the show can begin. We have a night of mystery and wonder for you all!"

•  

ghostfinch

Seeker

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:19 pm
    User Image
    User Image

• High, positive energy flooded the event center as civilians entered the DWMA for the circus. Chance loved the red, blue, and yellow balloons that surrounded the plaza. The smell of popcorn filled the air. He held on tight to Rogue's arm, not inherently romantic enough to draw extra eyes but close and intimate regardless. "Ah love these events," he gushed excitedly. "Ah hope there are lion tamers an' line walkers an' sword swallowers." His eyes were alit as he took in everything. He pulled out his school ID and presented it to the ticket master at the front of the circus tent, grinning ear-to-ear as the man looked from the picture to Chance's face. "It's me!" The ticket master barely avoided rolling his eyes, waving them both on through regardless of whether or not Rogue presented an ID. The ticket master didn't seem too invested if at least one person was legitimate, then.

"Oh, ah reckon there'll be sum clowns," he mused. He made his way to a seat in the front row on the right side of the entrance, tugging Rogue along with him if his Meister didn't pull away. "Isn't this more excitin' than class?" He paid attention to the center stage and the woman there, but his face immediately fell as he recognized her. "Ah'm gobsmacked," he murmured, tipping his hat down to cover his eyes a bit. "Ah ain't think this through..." His sudden change in demeanor kept him from feeling excited about the tiger walking right past their seats.

ephemeral ozymandias
        no need to quote me; it's my thread.

•  
    PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:09 pm
    User Image
    Mathmagician
    Level: 3 体 | Classes: Meister 愰 | Rank: 3 ☆☆☆ | Perk Trees: Soul Perception, Soul Wavelength

User ImageUser Image
    “Enmei! Kasumi! Come on!” Sarah laughed as she lead the trio into the circus. She loved events like this. The spectacle, the wonder, the games! The food! It was all so… invigorating! The air inside the area felt magical against her Soul Perception, adding another layer to the sensory hype. “Where do you guys wanna go first?” She beamed at the two as she flashed her DWMA ID to the gatekeepers.

Once inside, Sarah stopped to wait for the other two. The smell of popcorn and other carnival snacks rose to meet her nose and she couldn’t help but slowly turn in place, taking in the various sensations. Even from where she stood, she could make out another pair of students. What were their names? Chance and Rogue? “They’re a lovely pair, don’tcha think?” She asked Enmei and Kasumi. “Oh, you think they’re on a date?! That’s adorable!” She continued, a sparkle in her eye.

"Speaking"

Thinking

Spirit: 450/450
    Strength: 0
    Dexterity: 0
    Wisdom: 6
    Guts: 4

☾ Perks: ☾

↯ Passivity ↯
    [ The Meister's perception detects souls passively around them. At this point in their development, the Meister can determine what type of soul is around them (human (M/W), witch, demon, reaper) within ten feet. ]

↯ Echolocation I ↯
    [ This enables the Meister to receive environmental information. At this level, it does not reveal things like trap doors, false walls, or any other details like that. Yet, it can still reveal the twists and turns of a labyrinth or how large something is. This can determine environmental information within a topic. ]

↯ Blood Hound ↯
    [ Vague blood-related information is granted. This allows the Meister to determine who is biologically related, but also reveals if someone is under the effects of something unusual (no specifics). Blood type and if someone is losing a lot of blood is also gained from the Meister's perception. ]

↯ Of the Tide ↯
    [ A repeated cast of a wavelength technique shoots out for no cost or action once every five posts, at one level lower than the base technique. ]

↯ Riptide ↯
    [ The Meister can inflict their wavelength attack through contact with a weapon - their own or an opponent's. If used on an opponent's weapon, it shocks the weapon and anyone else in contact with the weapon (i.e., its wielder) without dividing the strength of the attack between the opponents. ]

↯ Passivity II ↯
    [ The Meister's perception detects souls passively around them. At this point in their development, the meister can determine what type of soul is around them (human (M/W), witch, demon, reaper) within fifty feet. Requires "Passivity" ]

↯ Echolocation II ↯
    [ This enables the Meister to receive environmental information. It reveals things like trap doors, false walls, and any other details like that. No environmental details evade the Meister unless specifically stated. This can determine environmental information within a topic. Requires "Echolocation I"] ]

↯ Of the Tide ↯
    [ A repeated cast of a wavelength technique shoots out for no cost or action once every five posts, at one level lower than the base technique. ]

↯ Wavelength Waves ↯
    [ The Meister is able to inflict their wavelength ten feet outward from their palms in a half-circle shape five feet wide. ]

↯ Shell Shocked ↯
    [ The Meister expels their soul wavelength throughout their body evenly, creating a thin coating of wavelength that inflicts damage on contact with an opponent or their weapon. This can be used to defend against techniques. ]

↯ Wavelength Construction ↯
    [ The Meister is capable of carefully crafting their wavelength so specifically that they can shoot it outwards and generate a shape with it and then direct it to attack. Visually, the shape appears to be tied to the Meister's fingers like puppet strings. The shape can be anything between the size of a small dog to the size of a one-building. This construction requires the Meister to use both hands to direct it. ]
    First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

Brooy

ghostfinch

Nyanianda

gucci-shinigami

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
    • The Wolf Within 100
    • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
    • Battle: Rogue 100
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:23 am
    User Image
    Lulyx Price
    [Level 1][1 Star][Meister][DWMA]

Lulyx was rather excited about today! "CIRCUS DAY!" The young woman shouted as she dashed out of the building and began her way to the large circus tent that was nearby the school. Many other students looking at her and probably sharing words between themselves talking about how she was such a child. Did she care? No, not really, not at all actually. She made her way quickly....as quickly as possible...maybe a bit too quickly. She tumbled a bit suddenly from moving so fast before quickly catching herself and making a display as if she had stuck the landing in a gymnastics event. The girl finally ended up in the line for the circus, barely able to contain her excitement. Other students and just general people in the line for tickets as well. The excitement she had about everything practically sparked off her form...literally. She wasn't able to contain small sparks that zapped through her green and yellow colored hair. Although they would probably go unnoticed. Waiting in line, bouncing in line, until finally it was her turn to get allowed in.

"Hi!" She loudly spoke, although this time not shouting....though she might as well have been anyways. "Remember me? Last time I came I was too young to go into the circus and then I tried to sneak in because obviously I love the circus who wouldn't love the circus right? Right. Well anyways, your security chased me around the tent for a while obviously because I wasn't allowed in like I said before so I had to sneak in and then I got caught so like I said they were chasing me around and then I saw you as they were carrying me out after they caught me after having chased me around for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time in fact I think it was about forty maybe forty five minutes honestly they were kind of really slow your circus should get some faster security guards anyways where was I? Oh yeah I said hi and told you I would be back to see you next time but by then I didn't realize that this was one of those only once every three yea-"

"SHUT UP AND GO IN THE TENT ALREADY!" The ticket master, shouted very clearly annoyed at the young woman. In fact, unbeknownst to Lulyx, about half way through her talking the ticket master had begun to show visible signs of irritation. The young woman's constant movement, speaking without taking breaths, and just general excitement hadn't given the man time to speak normally. She looked confused for a moment, before speaking once more. "Huh? But don't you need to like see my ID, hold on let me g-" She began as she started to dig through her pockets to pull out her student ID. However before she could finish the sentence or truly begin to look he repeated himself. "NO, just go, NOW!" Which evoked a bit of a flinch from the vibrant haired girl. "Geeeeez, fine you're so mean." She said as she skipped along her way into the circus tent with a smile on her face. Sniffing the air before zipping over to the popcorn to pick some up before she actually entered the tent. Probably going through the same exact situation with the popcorn vendor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:07 am
    User Image
    ⇨ ROGUE ⇦
    Level IV | ☆ | Meister | Traditionalist | Explorer | 400/400 Spirit

⇨☾⇨Rogue smiled as Chance grabbed a hold of his arm as they walked together through the circus. There was a large crowd which made him a little nervous. Yet Chance's enthusiasm was infectious for him. He presented his DWMA ID as well before the Meister and Weapon received their tickets. The Ticketmaster was rather rude but he was too swept up in the event to make an issue of it. Chance excitedly led him to his seat. He quietly sat beside Chance before allowing his hand to drift from his arm to hold his partner's hand between the seats. He stared at the tiger walking past their row. "Be a good kitty." He said with mocking sarcasm as the tiger walked by. The massive predator was terrifying but also fascinating to see up close. It felt almost surreal. Rogue continued to hold Chance's hand to reassure him as he hid in his hat. He figured that the tigers were safe but he could understand Chance's fear. He needed to find a way to distract him and cheer him up. He saw the cotton candy vendor walking by their row and handed him some money. When he received the pink swirl of cotton candy he would speak to Chance through his hat. "Well Chance, I'unno if I can eat all this cotton candy by my lonesome..." Rogue smirked as he waited for Chance to lower his hat and see the swirl of cotton candy that Rogue bought for him. He remembered that Chance loved cotton candy from their time in the Lantern Lair.

𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲
    ⇨ Technique Name | Level | Tier | Resource
    Description here.
    ↯ Perk Name ↯
    [ Description here. ]

𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖤 𝖤𝖥𝖥𝖤𝖢𝖳𝖲​​​​​
    Description here.
    ↯ Perk Name ↯
    [ Description here. ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias
    Captain

Obsessive Prophet

Nyanianda

Premium Tycoon

4,000 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Millionaire 200
    • Person of Interest 200
    PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:02 am
    User Image

User Image

『 Rank ☆☆
    『 Level III

▇▇▇═─═════════════════════════════─═▇▇▇┫

So. Many. Colors. A first for the brunette's sight casing this new surroundings led by Sarah alongside Enmei. Is this what a circus offer? Even with her Perception on, she can feel this astonish embrace-like tension; from games, the spotlight, and performances..?! A three-in-one-pack deal! How can a simple colorful large tarp on wooden planks with a stage inside showcase... well, wild shows!? Uh, heh.. I haven't heard of this circus before, so I have no idea! Hahahahahaha! She laughs loudly in response while holding up her DWMA ID for the gatekeepers in one hand.

Kasumi follows besides staring at the sight, her nose twitched from the aroma of side foods in the air easily ticking the girl off, violently flailing her arms: knowing how delicious treats can attract small-minded fools like herself. However, she stops after hearing Sarah's comment on a pair; with a hand placed on her shoulder leaning forward as she starts scooping out the area on who's talking too. And speaking of pairing, Kasumi spotted the two male familiar students. Ohhhh! Love sure does bloom on the circus' grounds, huh? She answered back, presenting a thumbs up and toothy wide grin.

『 Spirit: --- 100/100 』
    『 Iron Claw Meister 』
    『 Souls --- 023 』

Techniques
    ↯ ----- ↯

Perk Name
    ⇨ ----

Technique
    ↯ ----- ↯

Perk Name
    ⇨ ----

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now's the time to throw up a peace sign
    We won't back down, no never
    You and I will make our own story
    I've got your back forever

Brooy
    pyrategross
    Ephemeral Ozymandias
    ghostfinch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:56 am
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image

• Adelaide smirked as the tent filled with civilians and DWMA students alike. Her eyes scanned the crowd as almost every seat was taken. "Imagine," she started, projecting her voice loud as all the lights inside the tent turned off, "that there was nothing." The lights turned on, flooding the center, but the tigers and Adelaide were gone. "And there was a big scary dragon." A tiger jumped from between two sets of seats, leaping into the middle ring of the center, prowling and growling. The lights put a spotlight on the tiger instead. "Um, I mean tiger," she said with exaggerated embarrassment, pulling laughter from many in the crowd. "Yes, a great big scary tiger. He terrorized the land!"

Two tiny bears in ruffled collars and hats appeared together, sharing a ball between them. They acted unaware of the tiger approaching despite themselves and the tiger having spotlights. Gasps sprinkled through the crowd as the tiger approached. "But then, a witch appeared!" Adelaide stepped into the spotlight with the bears while wearing a masquerade mask on to symbolize that she was the witch. "And she protected the town with her magic!" She made a bunch of gestures with her hands, and small puffs of smoke appeared around the tiger who roared loud before rolling over onto his back dramatically.

However, much of the crowd began booing. "The witch is evil!" "Don't trust her!" Adelaide's shoulders dropped, no longer looking victorious. Was this part of the act?

•  

ghostfinch

Seeker

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:01 pm
    User Image
    User Image

• Chance was glad to see so many DWMA students filling into the circus. He waved at everyone he recognized, though he didn't know all of them all too well. He tried to be friendly to everyone at the academy. Before long, the show was starting, and Chance snuggled closer to Rogue as the lights turned off. He was still a little apprehensive of Adelaide, but at least if it was dark, she had little opportunity of seeing him. He laughed along with the crowd as she adjusted her tale from dragon to tiger. The circus had a different theme every time it came, but this one was more animal-centric than normal. He was surprised the whole troupe wasn't around.

"How do you think she got those bears into those little costumes?" He whispered to Rogue as they appeared, almost too quickly. He was invested in the tale of magic, wondering if the witch's identity would be the mystery tonight. He wanted to figure it out before Rogue could, for sure. The smoke effects of her show reminded him of Rogue and helped him melt into his Meister, feeling more comfortable despite the earlier unease. "You think you can make multi-colored smoke like that?" He whispered again.

Then, the crowd was booing at her performance. He knew she liked the attention from the crowd, but this seemed a little extreme. Wasn't she playing a heroine for this act? "Are... are we supposed to be booing right now?"

ephemeral ozymandias

•  
    PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 am
    User Image
    ⇨ ROGUE ⇦
    Level IV | ☆ | Meister | Traditionalist | Explorer | 400/400 Spirit

⇨☾⇨Rogue gave a wry smirk before speaking to Chance during the show. "Was that supposed to be funny?" Right, it was a tiger instead of a dragon, hilarious stuff. She said the wrong animal. The height of comedy. He slumped back in his seat as he put his boots up on the railing. When Chance asked him how she got the bears into the little suits he gave another sarcastic response. "Animal abuse." That was the only explanation that Rogue could think of at least. He was happy that Chance was enjoying the show so he had no interest in bellyaching but dry quips were fair game. When Chance asked about the smoke he just shook his head. "Nah, I've noticed mine is always the same color as my soul wavelength. Kind of like the bullets you fire." The color of the smoke was less important to him than the realism of the illusions anyway. The eruption of boos was a bit startling. "People need to chill out. Not like it's a real witch." Rogue looked around the tent at the mass displeasure at this portion of the show. He held Chance closer to him with his arm around his lower back.

𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖮𝖭𝖲
    Description here.
    ↯ Perk Name ↯
    [ Description here. ]

𝖠𝖢𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖤 𝖤𝖥𝖥𝖤𝖢𝖳𝖲​​​​​
    Description here.
    ↯ Perk Name ↯
    [ Description here. ]

Ephemeral Ozymandias
    Captain

Obsessive Prophet

gucci-shinigami

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:35 pm
    User Image
    Mathmagician
    Level: 3 体 | Classes: Meister 愰 | Rank: 3 ☆☆☆ | Perk Trees: Soul Perception, Soul Wavelength

User ImageUser Image
    “I haven’t been here, either.” Sarah replied thoughtfully. She hummed and cupped her chin with her forefinger and thumb. “I think it might be the first year it came to DWMA? Who knows?” Should she be suspicious? As they filed in to the main event tent, Sarah couldn’t help but indulge in thoughts of paranoia. No news about the Madness Moon, or any leads besides from her own research. But Lord Death could sanction an academy wide circus? That seemed odd…

Sarah shook her thoughts from her head. Her and everyone else could use the time to relax. Something cheerful after all the tragedy recently. Sarah, Enmei, and Kasumi went further in until they saw the first three empty seats.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Sarah leaned down to smile at the couple next to the seats: Chance and Rogue. “Is it okay if we sit here?” The Meister would wait for confirmation before she sat down. “My names Sarah, by the way. And this tall guy is my partner, Enmei. You’re Chance and Rogue, aren’t you? You guys are pretty famous around the Academy!” She blathered on as her softer smile transformed into a beaming grin.

As the show went on, Sarah watched with stars in her eyes and positioned at the edge of her seat. “Enmei, Enmei!” She gasped, patting his arm. “Look at those bearsssss, they’re so cute~” The story would continue and Sarah’s excitement would dwindle at the reveal of the witch. At the sounding of booing from the crowd, the girl felt her stomach twist into a knot. “But… she’s protecting it right?” She whispered, mostly to herself. More importantly, why did Sarah feel like this? A hatred of witches made sense, and yet…

"Speaking"

Thinking

Spirit: 450/450
    Strength: 0
    Dexterity: 0
    Wisdom: 6
    Guts: 4

☾ Perks: ☾

↯ Passivity ↯
    [ The Meister's perception detects souls passively around them. At this point in their development, the Meister can determine what type of soul is around them (human (M/W), witch, demon, reaper) within ten feet. ]

↯ Echolocation I ↯
    [ This enables the Meister to receive environmental information. At this level, it does not reveal things like trap doors, false walls, or any other details like that. Yet, it can still reveal the twists and turns of a labyrinth or how large something is. This can determine environmental information within a topic. ]

↯ Blood Hound ↯
    [ Vague blood-related information is granted. This allows the Meister to determine who is biologically related, but also reveals if someone is under the effects of something unusual (no specifics). Blood type and if someone is losing a lot of blood is also gained from the Meister's perception. ]

↯ Of the Tide ↯

↯ Riptide ↯
    [ The Meister can inflict their wavelength attack through contact with a weapon - their own or an opponent's. If used on an opponent's weapon, it shocks the weapon and anyone else in contact with the weapon (i.e., its wielder) without dividing the strength of the attack between the opponents. ]

↯ Passivity II ↯
    [ The Meister's perception detects souls passively around them. At this point in their development, the meister can determine what type of soul is around them (human (M/W), witch, demon, reaper) within fifty feet. Requires "Passivity" ]

↯ Echolocation II ↯
    [ This enables the Meister to receive environmental information. It reveals things like trap doors, false walls, and any other details like that. No environmental details evade the Meister unless specifically stated. This can determine environmental information within a topic. Requires "Echolocation I"] ]

↯ Of the Tide ↯

↯ Wavelength Waves ↯
    [ The Meister is able to inflict their wavelength ten feet outward from their palms in a half-circle shape five feet wide. ]

↯ Shell Shocked ↯
    [ The Meister expels their soul wavelength throughout their body evenly, creating a thin coating of wavelength that inflicts damage on contact with an opponent or their weapon. This can be used to defend against techniques. ]

↯ Wavelength Construction ↯
    [ The Meister is capable of carefully crafting their wavelength so specifically that they can shoot it outwards and generate a shape with it and then direct it to attack. Visually, the shape appears to be tied to the Meister's fingers like puppet strings. The shape can be anything between the size of a small dog to the size of a one-building. This construction requires the Meister to use both hands to direct it. ]
    First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

ghostfinch

Brooy

Nyanianda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:49 pm
    User Image

User Image

『 Rank ☆☆
    『 Level III

A rare first for me though! Kasumi chimed loudly. Now that Sarah mentioned-- it IS rather interesting for Lord Death to host an academy size circus despite no leads or research about the Madness Moon. Maybe to ease everybody's mind? It's working quite well for the brunette. But... maybe, just maybe, she too should keep her chin straight and eyes peeling all around in-case something turns odd. Well... for now, things seem lively so, no need to fret. The circus is in town! As the three verdures through the booth, three vacant seats were spotted. 'Score!'

Following along, the seats were right next to those two students she saw in Death's Room. And this brunette tagging along is Kasumi! Nice meeting you two! Not bothering to wait for any confirmation putting herself in one of the open seat, extending a hand out for either of them to shake. If one of them takes her hand, they would be greeting by a strong grip, not nearly bone-breaking close, but still some pain inflicted. We should do some sparring someday, I would love the test your skills! More people to include the friendship circle, she can almost taste it. Or is that her stomach growling?

Once the show started, Kasumi stare in awe by the performance creating make-shift binoculars due to how excited she is. It's like a pop-out book but, magical. Even after the reveal to be of a witch, she kept that pleased feeling inside. Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for the audience as jeers over jeers poured out the surroundings, almost if the stage-master offended someone. This tension didn't settled right. Clap! Clap! Clap! She couldn't help it, it was a mini story-- it needed a round of applause.

『 Spirit: --- 100/100 』
    『 Iron Claw Meister 』
    『 Souls --- 023 』

Techniques
    ↯ ----- ↯

Perk Name
    ⇨ ----

Technique
    ↯ ----- ↯

Perk Name
    ⇨ ----

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now's the time to throw up a peace sign
    We won't back down, no never
    You and I will make our own story
    I've got your back forever

Brooy
    pyrategross
    Ichengo Angelus
    Ephemeral Ozymandias
    ghostfinch

Nyanianda

Premium Tycoon

4,000 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Millionaire 200
    • Person of Interest 200

Ichengo Angelus

Man-Hungry Kitten

10,575 Points
    • The Wolf Within 100
    • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
    • Battle: Rogue 100
    PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:26 am
    User Image
    Lulyx Price
    [Level 1][1 Star][Meister][DWMA]

Lulyx had gotten to a seat, she was very excited to finally be here still. Devouring popcorn rather quickly as the show had soon begun. The young woman watched the show in awe. "Woah cool O M G did you see that?" She spoke loudly, probably disrupting other audience members that sat nearby her. Actually clearly annoying them, from the looks on their faces. Although she herself was oblivious to it, much too engrossed in the amazing story of the protector witch. When the story seemed over, her popcorn was already gone. She stood up, ready to give a round of applause to the storyteller. However, before her hands could even meet each other the sounds of disgust and hatred filled the air. For the first time since she had come to the circus the young woman had been quiet. Hands only centimeters away from each other having been ready to clap. They fell to their sides, her open mouth ready to cheer closed and showed a frown that grew across her face.

This was absurd. Lulyx's mind pondered it. A million thoughts in the moment. Why where they all doing this? Could it be part of the act? Maybe someone was put into the crowd to incite this? Was this basically meant to be a continuation of the story. Although clearly some others had been questioning the situation themselves. Questioning the audience. Even trying to clap what was likely as hard and loud as they could. The boos and hatred drowned everything positive out. Honestly, Lulyx didn't like it a bit. Was it because the story involved a witch? That was it? Sure witches were dangerous, magic was dangerous...but that didn't mean all of them were bad right? Just like how not all Meisters are good. Her teeth would grind against themselves and then she would open her mouth in a shout. She wasn't sure if the audience would pay attention, even if her shout would be enough for everyone to hear but she felt like she needed to anyways. "WHY ARE YOU ALL BEING SO MEAN!? IT'S A STORY AND A GOOD ONE YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO CLAP AFTER IT YOU ASSHOLES NOT BOO! WHO CARES IF THE STORY IS ABOUT A WITCH?!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:41 pm
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image

• The bits of applause from DWMA students did not overrule the cries of the crowd. Someone within it tossed a bag of popcorn into the center ring, and while it came nowhere close to Adelaide because it lacked the weight to really soar, it sent a loud message. "Is that how it is?" Adelaide asked, standing stock-still as her head was tilted down, the aggressive spotlight leaving shadows across her eyes though her bared teeth were easily seen. "You can't spare a moment to celebrate the heroine?" Her body shook with a strong, erratic force, but it took a moment for any sound to come out, for it to become clear that she was laughing: quietly at first, but soon it became an uproar, something that got away from her.

"How about the villainess, then?" The tigers and bears moved away from her immediately, attacking the crowd and the students who did not clap or verbally defend the heroine, it seemed. At the same time, a dark red-and-blue cloud appeared above the tent in the central plaza. It wasn't visible to those inside, but those with Madness skills, sensory abilities, or experiencing fighting Mad opponents would be able to recognize the Madness storm purely by feeling as it prepared to destroy the topic.

"The witch!" Adelaide continued, performing with gestures. "Was rejected by the very people she had tried to save. Only the few who understood her heart would be saved. And so she stopped fighting their terrible assumptions and narrow-mindedness. And so she embraced the pure power of magic and allowed its chaos to reign! We're all mad here, chained to our folly!"

used:

⇨ Dissonance | Level 5 | Tier 3 @ topic
      The user generates a storm of Madness over the topic. If undefended, the storm will destroy the topic. This storm lasts for one post. If undefended, the opponents' Madness will be increased by two tiers to a maximum of tier three. While this storm is active, the user's own techniques last for one post longer. This is only usable once per battle.

⇨ Gut Kick | Level 3 | Tier 2 | Spirit, Stamina, or Mana x1 @ Chance, Rogue, and Sarah by a bear or tiger (your preference)
      The user will send a kick at the opponent, aiming typically for the stomach or diaphragm area in order to wind the opponent. When this strike successfully hits the opponent loses 1 action in their next post from being winded.
  •  

ghostfinch

Seeker

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:22 pm
    User Image
    User Image

• Chance smiled to Sarah. "I reckon thuh circus comes every now 'n' then." He had talked about it with Adelaide before, but that wasn't something he really wanted to share. Still, he was blushing as Sarah insisted he was famous around the academy. He and Rogue had been busier 'an two cats in the night, hadn't they?

But the joy evaporated from him almost immediately as the boos of the crowd received retaliation. The show was heading south, fast. Chance couldn't enjoy any of it with his boyfriend. He had no idea what was getting into Adelaide but he had to put a stop to it. He jumped over the barrier of the seats, narrowly jumping out of the way of a killer clown-y bear [ Dodge | L3 ]. "Git 'im off me, won't ya?" He called back to his partner, hoping Rogue could take out the bear and his own assailant.

Chance broke into the middle ring where Adelaide was sick with laughter. His cowboy hat was ripped off his head because of the gust of wind brought up by her storm. "It's Madness," he said in surprise and awe as he came closer, feeling its familiar touch around him. He wasn't sure who would be close enough to benefit from his callout, but he had more important matters. "Addy!" He reached out with a hand to shake her shoulder, to try and force a human connection.

ephemeral ozymandias

•  
    ⇨ DWMA

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas