Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Bardsdale Abode

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:32 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxB ᴀ ʀ ᴅ s ᴅ ᴀ ʟ ᴇ xxxA ʙ ᴏ ᴅ ᴇxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image

xxxʙ ᴇ ᴀ ᴄ ᴏ ɴ s ғ ɪ ᴇ ʟ ᴅ , E N G L A N Dxxx

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxW ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ x A ʀ ᴇ x W ᴇ ?xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxEʟɪᴀs Sᴀᴍᴜᴇʟ Bᴀʀᴅsᴅᴀʟᴇxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Wᴏʀᴋ || Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ Wᴏʀᴋsʜᴏᴘ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Lᴏɴᴅᴏɴ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxGᴇɴᴇᴠɪᴠᴇ Mɪʀʏᴀᴍ Bᴀʀᴅsᴅᴀʟᴇxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Wᴏʀᴋ || Iɴ ᴛʜᴇ Wᴏʀᴋsʜᴏᴘ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Lᴏɴᴅᴏɴ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxLᴏᴄʜɪ Eʟɪᴀs Bᴀʀᴅsᴅᴀʟᴇxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

xxxxxxxxSᴀᴍᴜᴇʟ Rᴇᴜʙᴇɴ Bᴀʀᴅsᴅᴀʟᴇxxxxxxxx

xxxHᴏᴍᴇ || Aᴛ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ || Aʀᴏᴜɴᴅ Hᴏɢsᴍᴇᴀᴅᴇ || Dɪᴀɢᴏɴ Aʟʟᴇʏ || Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ xxx

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxA s s ᴏ ʀ ᴛ ᴇ ᴅxxI ɴ ꜰ ᴏ ʀ ᴍ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxxxxxxxxxx

⟹ Floo Address: Bardsdale Abode

⟹ Wifi Network: Bardsdale3325 (Password: LocSam3021)

⟹ Please use minimal magic, as it's a muggle house in a muggle neighborhood... and also the electronics are finicky

⟹ If the house is empty, please drive to the shop. Most likely everyone's there

xxxxxxxxF ᴀ ᴍ ɪ ʟ ʏxxP ᴇ ᴛ sxxxxxxxx

⇴An Orange Striped Tabby Cat named Ginger
⇴A Family Owned, Long-Ear Owl named Juju

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Home - Living Room
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Mom, Dad, Sammie
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Family Game Night (feat. Jess)
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is gonna be a nightmare

Lochi was some mix of excited and nervous, though the excitement was certainly weighing down. Tonight, Jess was coming to his house for the first time, and more importantly, meeting the rest of his family. Sure, she'd met Sammie, but Lochi was pretty sure she'd only seen his parents in passing at the shop. He went to get ready after his shower, looking in the mirror as he moved to put in his contacts. At that very moment, however, Sammie pushed the door in, exclaiming that he needed to borrow their hairbrush. "First, what do you mean our hairbrush? Do you mean you lost yours and decided to just use mine? Because gross. Second, you just made me drop one of my contacts down the sink. It better not be my last or I'll push you out the window." He looked threateningly over at the blur of his brother, who decided (wisely) to turn tail and run. Lochi grabbed for the box, indeed finding that it was now empty. Freaking great. He took the other contact out, then stomped to his bedroom to pull on his new glasses. At least they sorta matched his outfit...

"Lochi! Don't yell at your brother! See, Sam, it's fine. Go get ready." Lochi heard his father's voice from downstairs, but he opted not to reply, instead finishing his routine. Once he was all dressed, he skipped down the stairs to see his mom setting out a huge platter of finger foods and snacks for the evening. "Jeez, mom, it's one person, not half a country! That's so much. You really didn't need to go crazy." He grinned, earning a stuck-out tongue from the woman. Next Lochi turned to his dad, who was debating between a few super-long games. "Dad! Nothing too long and nothing that's gonna make anyone flip our tables. Mom will kill us if those snacks go to waste this time." The older Bardsdale looked over, eyes wide like he'd been caught in some illicit act. "Nothing tooooo crazy. Got it. But in my defense, last one to flip the table was your mom!" "Hey now, it was only because you cheated, Mister. Lochi, is everything ready? Good. Sammie, baby, you've got to finish up!"

Lochi laughed with his mom, watching Sammie stomp upstairs and return a moment later looking all dressed. Their mom apparently found something wrong and went to straighten him up. Lochi chuckled and leaned against the wall beside the door, wondering if Jess would get a ride or if she'd use their floo. Oh no. Had he actually given her the floo address??

{{Wearing :: Lochi :: Elias :: Genny :: Sammie}}
kiska166

Elias - #E38217
Genny - #00A693
Lochi - #C32148
Sammie - #FFA700

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:25 pm
User Image

I don't wanna be a f r a i d. I wanna wake up f e e l i n g
                                                B e a u t i f u l today and know that I'm okay

╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Seventh Year - Seventeen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Lochi and Jessica had been dating for almost a year now. Typically, kids their age would have already met each other’s parents by this point, more than likely on multiple occasions by now, but that rule must have only applied when the kids didn’t attend a boarding school. Lochi did, however, meet Jessica’s entire family at Zoe and Kylian’s wedding in January. At the time, she was excited to get some attention by bringing her boyfriend as her date, and although she did get some attention, Penelope seemed to get more by bringing Cenek, who hadn’t even been her boyfriend at the time. Jess wasn’t out of the loop. She had heard rumours of the two going out, mainly from Sparrow, but she had also heard that they broke up after only about a month.

On the upside, Jessica’s family didn’t seem to have a problem with Lochi and it was rather shocking to have experienced all the alone time that they managed to get at a huge family get together. Tonight, however, Jessica would be meeting her boyfriend’s family for the first time, except for Sammie as she had already met him at Hogwarts. Knowing a member of Lochi’s family made her feel a little more calm as there were less people to impress, something she was quite terrible at, but then again, who tried to impress a twelve year old? As the seventeen year old got ready, she went over a couple of discussion topics in case things got awkward. Lochi had mentioned that his mum, Genny, enjoyed cooking. Being a part of the Cooking Club at Hogwarts for the past six years gave Jess an excellent conversation starter. However, if that got boring, she could always ask either of his parents about jewelry. It helped that she was also interested in jewelry and wore quite a bit of it. His dad, Elias, was more specifically interested in foreign foods and watches than in cooking and rings, necklaces or bracelets, but he was a dad. As long as she wasn’t left alone with him, she hoped everything would be fine.

Once she was dressed and ready to go, she had been planning to try apparating herself to Lochi’s house, but she chickened out at the last minute as she had never been there before. The only image she could visualize was the one that she created in her mind throughout the last year of hearing different stories and descriptions about her boyfriend’s life at home. Luckily, he lived close to Diagon Alley, so she apparated there with a loud crack, being an amateur and all, and walked over to his place. Once Jessica arrived, she took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

'Cause everyone's p e r f e c t in unusual ways
                                                You see, I just wanna b e l i e v e in me

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess, Mom, Dad, Sammie

Lochi glanced over at the fireplace, then back toward the door. "Is she coming by streetcar or is she using the fireplace magic?" Elias asked, his loud voice carrying. From the kitchen, Genny replied with a sigh, "The Floo, dear, and I don't believe Lochi planned that." Lochi rolled his eyes, hoping Jess would show up so they would stop ribbing him. Then again, they were most likely going to be insane anyway.

When the doorbell rang, Lochi jumped, then looked over at his dad. "Do not be weird. Just. Be normal, for one night. Please." The two oldest boys made eye contact, only broken when Lochi spun to open the door. "Jess! Hello, come on in." He held open the door, gesturing for his girlfriend to enter. Genny walked out of the kitchen, dusting her hands on the waist apron she wore. "Good evening, dear. Please, come on in and make yourself at home. My name is Genny, that's my husband, Elias, and you know Sammie, I'm sure. We're all quite delighted to have you here."

Genny hung up her apron while Lochi led her into the living room proper. "Well, there you are! The girl that's caused a twinkle in my boy's eye! Look at you, all fancied up." He grabbed Lochi by the shoulders, shaking him a bit. When he was done, Lochi blinked a few times, dizzied from the movements. "Hi Jess! Thanks for comin' over. When we have guests mom makes extra snacks!" Lochi sighed, hoping the first two minutes wasn't enough to scare Jess away forever. "Now, now. Be nice, boys. Jess, feel free to eat anything. I made a big selection, because you can't have game night hungry!" Genny grinned, moving to stand beside Elias, who wrapped an arm around her.

"Well. This is my family. They're normally more crazy, so... kinda nice they toned it down."

kiska166

Elias - #E38217
Genny - #00A693
Lochi - #C32148
Sammie - #FFA700

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:08 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica waited for a moment, hoping that she stood on the steps of the correct house and had knocked on the right door. As she waited, her eyes wandered up and down the stone exterior, glancing back to the door upon hearing someone behind it. A second later, Lochi had opened the door. “Hi! You’re wearing glasses? Aw, you look so cute,” she commented quietly, entering the home. She knew her boyfriend wore contacts and had glasses as back up, but she had yet to see him actually sport them on his face. As she stepped into the entryway, she looked around for a quick moment, making sure to smile at Lochi’s brother and father, and his mother as she emerged from the kitchen in an apron and introduced everybody. “Thank you for having me,” she responded mainly to Genny before turning her attention to Elias as he led her into the living room.

Jessica couldn’t help but laugh when Lochi’s dad claimed that she had caused a twinkle in his eye and shook him. Sammie excitedly greeted her and explained that Genny had made extra snacks for tonight. “Hi Sammie,” she said calmly, but with a smile. “Ooh, yum!” Jess was always excited for food, especially homemade goods. Almost as if on cue, their mum had returned, bringing Jessica’s attention towards the dining room. Her eyes fell onto the large platter of snacks on the table. Promptly, the seventeen year old made her way over to the table and sat down in a chair, reaching for a pig in a blanket. “They don’t seem crazy,” she assured Lochi. “You should see some of the people in my family.” So far, Lochi’s family seemed very friendly and normal. Maybe she just needed to get to know them better to see their craziness, or maybe they were only crazy in her boyfriend’s eyes. Well, crazy or not, as long as they liked her, she didn’t care.

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess, Mom, Dad, Sammie

Lochi felt his cheeks warm up a bit when Jess said his glasses made him look cute. "Yea, um. I ran out of contacts. I'll have to go to the optometrist again before school. Glasses are helpful for work, though." Sammie seemed to respond on that, laughing as he added "You should see him! Got a bunch of magnifying glasses that make his eyes like a billion times bigger! Absolutely wild!" His words were cut short as a small pillow was pelted against his face. "Ignore him." Lochi mumbled, ignoring as Sammie was... dramatic about being hit.

When she thanked the family for being hosts, Genny grinned. "Thank you for joining us, dear. Lochi has been quite excited for us all to meet you." The kids went into the living room, where Elias pestered Lochi. Of course, since it was Lochi's first girlfriend. They just had to rib him... just a little bit. Sammie greeted her, then mentioned snacks. It was pretty on par for his usual excitements. Luckily, Jess seemed pretty excited for the food too. Genny stepped back out, showing off the dining table, which had snacks around, their virtual table set up and ready to go for game night. "Please, everyone, come sit. We can pick our game tonight and I'll get the board set up."

Lochi followed Jess in, sitting beside her. Sammie moved from his normal seat to sit beside his mom, then Elias plopped down at the head of the table. "Everything looks delicious, Gen. Oooh, little ham rolls!" He grabbed one of the pinwheels with ham, cream cheese, and salsa rolled in a tortilla. "Thank you, dear, but it wasn't all me. Lochi's been helping in the kitchen all day. We came up with a nice little spread, I think." She sent a grin over to her eldest, who looked a little flustered.

Lochi nibbled on a cracker dipped in a cheeseball, then looked over at Jess. "So, what's your favorite board game? We've probably got it in our library."

kiska166

Elias - #E38217
Genny - #00A693
Lochi - #C32148
Sammie - #FFA700

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica nodded when Lochi explained that he will need to visit the optometrist before they returned to school for their final year. In between laughs, Sammie had made a comment about how Lochi’s magnifying glasses made his eyes look larger. Jess chuckled, but couldn’t help but laugh when her boyfriend hit his brother with a pillow. “You know what’s really wild? The fact that we graduate next year,” she said with a small grin although part of her wondered if Lochi would still be interested in her once they were adults. She loved him although she hadn’t told him that, and she wasn’t sure if he loved her. Maybe he only dated her because of proximity. Maybe when they’d graduate and go out into the real world, he’d find dozens of girls that were better than her. Before she began overthinking their whole relationship too much, she had snapped herself out of it before heading over to the snack table.

As everyone had gathered around the table, Jessica commented, “This is a cool table. My dad would love one of these. He has a whole ‘electronics room’ in the house.” And to prevent all his gadgets and gizmos from going wonky due to magic, only he ever stepped foot in there, which Jess found rather annoying considering her gaming computer rarely acted up. When Elias stated that everything looked delicious, Jess look up at Genny and agreed. “Yeah, this looks amazing.” Once she had finished her pig in a blanket, she reached for a cracker dipped in a cheese ball, just as Lochi had done. When asked what her favourite board game was, Jessica thought for a moment. She didn’t particularly have a favourite board game as she didn’t play them very often, so she decided to name a popular one that she enjoyed. “Do you have Trouble?” she asked.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff