Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply 𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖
No Strings Attached || Kimure Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gucci-shinigami
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Nimure, after the events at Takijinsei, was promoted to Chunin! It’s time for a celebration!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen
Rank: Genin 磁気 | Classes: Puppeteer | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: A 勇 | Elements: Water, Earth, Lightning, Magnetism, Wood

User ImageUser Image
Kiku fidgeted nervously at the hem of her jacket as she stood outside of Nimures house. She wanted to look presentable, at her best, as she and the Aburame family had dinner. Her best friend had just gotten promoted to Chunin, which was an achievement to be proud of and worth a celebration. But parents made the blonde princess nervous, which she shuddered at the idea of Nimure becoming privy to.

So the puppeteer swallowed her nerves, made sure she had a grip on the gift bag she carried, and knocked on the door. ”Hello?” She called out, to announce her presence. “Nimure?” If she was being honest, Kiku would have to say she was equally excited as she was nervous. She hasn’t seen her best friend since… the event at the falls. A memory that made her stomach sink, but something she hoped a good party would push away.

"Speaking"

Thinking

Chakra: 2090/2090
Stamina: 1765/1765
Nature Chakra: 771/771
Puppet Points: 0/23
Strength: 6
Speed: 4
Reflex: 4
Endurance: 2

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱The door swung open before Kiku as I answered the door. I was anxious for her to get here because sitting around with just my parents was getting awkward. She was the only friend that I invited to this particular event. I had seen Moriyama and the others earlier today but this felt special in its own right. I was wearing my mask as usual but I also had a t-shirt and sweat pants with zippers. I was not wearing my sneakers and just had ankle-length socks on. I looked a lot more casual and relaxed than I usually did. Kiku would smell the food as I invited her in. "Come on in! Dinner's not ready yet though. Let's wait in my room." I hopped up the stairs that were in front of the doorway and would slunk into my room. Perhaps my ability to sneak past my parents was the first indication that I would one day become a JUEI agent. I would shut the door behind Kiku and immediately pointed to my record collection. The shelves were filled with dozens of classic jazz records. I plucked my favorite record off the shelf and placed the vinyl on the turntables. My room mostly consisted of this intricate record and stereo set up and my bed. "You look like a doll today." I chuckled at the wordplay as I looked Kiku up and down in her puppet form. Truth be told, she looked pretty much the same to me but I wanted to poke fun at her as usual. I threw a beanbag chair from the closet onto the rug for Kiku to use. An upbeat jazzy tempo filled the room as I opened a window. "How's it been?" It had been a while since I had seen her but she finally seemed to be acting like her normal self. This was a relief but I was sure that there was much to catch up on. I lowered the volume on the record player so that we could talk but it was loud enough to prevent my parents from eavesdropping.

×TITLE: Genin】▰【RANK: C】▰【STRENGTH: 00】▰【SPEED: 03】▰【AGILITY: 01】▰【ENDURANCE: 00】▰【CHAKRA: 555 || 555】▰【STAMINA: 555 || 555】▰【INSECTS: 650 || 650

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
First Class: Medical
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
Second Class: Taijutsu
▱▰▱ Brawler → Your taijutsu is just one side of your skill, as you are also versed in utilizing ninjutsu as well. Your Speed and Agility are enhanced by [+1] and you gain an additional [4] ninjutsu slots per rank. Once every other post all three of your actions in a post can be used for offensive taijutsu. Additionally, the user gains a keystone technique and two additional custom slots for taijutsu. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
► Signature Style: Harmonic Death Arts
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

pyrategross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen
Rank: Genin 磁気 | Classes: Puppeteer | Bloodline 力 | Body Rank: A 勇 | Elements: Water, Earth, Lightning, Magnetism, Wood

User ImageUser Image
Nimure was a whirlwind of movement as he whisked the young girl inside his house. He seemed in good spirits, as Kiku would have expected given that he was closer to his dreams. But the cheerful attitude he displayed was definitely not something the princess was used to. It wasn’t entirely out of character, but it didn’t happen often. The Aburame house seemed nice from the glimpses that Kiku was given through the blur of movement as her friend dragged her up to his room.

Once they’d finally reached their destination, Kiku finally took the time to look at the surroundings. “I can’t believe Takao got you to listen to this crap, he’s such a bad influence.” She said as the room filled with jazz. While it was clear she was kidding, her words seemed far away as she processed the boy’s room. With how Nimure acted in his shinobi life, she imagined his room to be just as clean and proper and organized. But it was messier than she expected. Maybe Nimure was human after all? Yet to be determined.

“Thanks!” Kiku jumped a little at the compliment. She didn’t notice, but she was definitely nervous. She continued to speak as she tugged at the fabric of her clothes. “I wanted to make a good first impression on your parents, so I wanted to try and look at least halfway decent-Hey!” Kiku finally caught the lame pun her friend jabbed at her expense. The girl pouted and pointed a finger at him threateningly. “Watch your mouth or you’re next, bugboy.” She scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest. The banter calmed her nerves a little and let Kiku flop into the bean bag. She sank down and she placed the gift bag on the floor next to her.

“Things have been… okay.” Kiku answered hesitantly. “Just been trying to stay busy lately, it’ll help me get more used to this body. Oh! I was subjected to a mission with Takao.” The puppeteer added with an eye roll and a sarcastic huff of air. “Did you know he has a girlfriend? I don’t believe it for a second.” Kiku remembered her promise to the Arashi ninja, to not tell anyone about the results of the mission they’d gone on. It was hard for her, because she told Nimure everything. She had to remind herself that it was for his own good, so he didn’t get wrapped up in the same danger. “I bet she’s made up and he just wanted to sound cool.”

“Anyway.” Kiku’s scowl switched to a more bright expression. She leaned forward, crossing her legs and locking her hands around her ankles. “Tell me more about your promotion! I bet you’re so excited, Nimure. What’s Lady Hokage like? I heard she’s a hardass. What’d you do??” Kiku smiled a wide smile as she waited for Nimure to answer, letting out a little laugh as she waited.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱I shook my head furiously when Kiku called jazz music crap. "You have no taste. Also, I'm pretty sure I was the one who got him into jazz." I scolded her playfully and felt the need to set the record straight, no pun intended. I broke out into a series of chuckles when she finally realized that I was joking with her when I called her a doll. She should've known that from the start. Who even talks like that anymore? Nonetheless, when she pointed at me and made her threat I held my hands up and smiled with my eyes. She had seen me make this gesture before in the academy but at the time I did not realize that I may have been making a reference like that. When she asked me about Takao having a girlfriend I just nodded. "Yeah and she's a jinchuuriki too." I kept my commentary on the matter brief. I was inclined to believe him and it was clear that Kiku was just being silly again in saying that she didn't believe it.

▱▰▱When Kiku excitedly launched her barrage of questions at me I took my mask off while coyly smirking. I threw the mask on my mattress before shrugging. "I don't know if I should say, Kiku. It's pretty top secret stuff. It is JUEI after all..." I took my words on a winding trail of playful facetiousness. I slowly spun around before plopping myself on the beanbag chair with her. "What's the info worth to ya?" I leaned back and rested my head before giving her a toothy grin. The sides of our legs were touching but I had more room to lean back now that she was leaning forward on her knees. I put my hands behind my head and relaxed as I teased the information. "By the way, can you still eat food? I wasn't sure if I should tell my parents to make you a plate or not." I teased yet again as I gently tapped my chin with one finger. I retrieved a loose cigarette from my pocket and lit it up before switching on a floor fan with a remote. I created a very particular ventilation system for preventing my parents from finding out about my smoking habit. I inhaled deeply before blowing the smoke toward the powerful fan that then blasted the smoke through the open window instantly. My ceiling fan was already going as well so the efficiency of the air circulation was at its peak. This was just one small example of the many strategies I had for keeping my folks in the dark about me. In hindsight, I realize that my smoking habit was the least of my secrets.

×TITLE: Genin】▰【RANK: C】▰【STRENGTH: 00】▰【SPEED: 03】▰【AGILITY: 01】▰【ENDURANCE: 00】▰【CHAKRA: 555 || 555】▰【STAMINA: 555 || 555】▰【INSECTS: 650 || 650

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Kochū: A breed which resembles leeches with slug like bodies and sharp drill-like maws since they lack wings they must typically be applied manually by throwing or being within close range and them rapidly slithering and leaping. Are capable of swimming and burrowing however, making them rather sneaky like the Aburame who typically use them. Aburame who house Kochū often dabble in poisons. Insect techniques utilizing Kochū will impart a [Poison] following typical Tier-Progression. This Poison cannot be cured naturally with an Antidote and can only be cured via the [Poison Removal] Iryojutsu or an alternative method of purging the body of the insects. If the Aburame is Poisoned, the Kochū may cure that poison and adopt its properties simultaneously with the user spending an X-amount of chakra equal to the poison tier to stimulate their development.
Yorochū: A breed which sports a much thicker carapace and are a heartier beetle. The main advantage of this breed is that it allows for a much sturdier host. This increases the host's stat caps granted by class for Endurance and Strength by 1. When used for Defensive Insect Techniques those insect techniques are treated as Overwhelming up to S-rank.
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes
▱▰▱ Harmonic Hive | Once per post, Nimure is able to korabo one Aburame and one Harmonic Death Arts technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Pestillence | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects inflict tiered disease status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Swarm of Acidity | By applying 10 chakra at no action cost, Nimure's insects become acidic and inflict tiered corrosion status on contact based on the rank of the Aburame technique.
▱▰▱ Unstable Mutation | When your Kikaichu adapts to a specific element the Kikaichu also gains that element. Insect techniques utilizing these Kikaichu can apply up to Tier-2 of their elemental status. Tier-4 if [Ninjutsu] class. Temporarily share your Kikaichu's adaptive resistance gaining a 1-rank reduction of its currently adapted resistance.
▱▰▱ Give and Take | The Chakra your Kikaichu drain to reproduce themselves can instead be stored within their bodies. When the Kikaichu return to you the host you can instead regain the chakra that was drained at the expense of the Kikaichu that were used to drain said chakra. Because of this your initial Chakra pool is also expansive netting you an additional +100 Chakra.
▱▰▱ Hive Meister | The max amount of Insects you can store in your body increases by [100]. You can house [2] Specialized Breeds instead of [1]. The Aburame may cast Ninjutsu using Insects instead of Chakra as the resource. When preforming ninjutsu in this manner, their insects swarm through their ninjutsu, latching to any targets it contacts. These ninjutsu techniques can be used in exchange for bugs at 1.5 times the cost.

Class Information
▱▰▱ Maladies Physician → Shinobi of this discipline are experts in iryojutsu and are especially well-versed in afflictions. Their medical techniques cure all symptoms of status effects applied to the user, rather than where most of the techniques cure them one at a time. In addition, medical techniques which inflict a status may inflict three different applications of the status, rather than just one. The user's crafted poisons also carry this property. The shinobi also obtains 5 custom techniques for medical ninjutsu as well as a Medical Ninjutsu Keystone technique. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
▱▰▱ Brawler → Your taijutsu is just one side of your skill, as you are also versed in utilizing ninjutsu as well. Your Speed and Agility are enhanced by [+1] and you gain an additional [4] ninjutsu slots per rank. Once every other post all three of your actions in a post can be used for offensive taijutsu. Additionally, the user gains a keystone technique and two additional custom slots for taijutsu. Refer to the Keystone Guideline for more information.
▱▰▱ Cross Class: → Medical – Taijutsu: The user is able to cast healing medical ninjutsu on themselves for no hand signs. Once every three posts, this ability can be used for no activation. In addition, the user's medical and taijutsu techniques are reduced in resources by five per rank of the technique.

pyrategross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“No way! She’s real?” Kiku gasped, her eyebrows shooting up as her hand covered her mouth. “Man, birds of a feather then, huh? I wonder what she’s like. Jinchuriki are so weird.” She added with a small shiver. It wasn’t long before Nimure had plopped down next to her. Their legs touched casually, but the princess didn’t notice until she looked down. But she didn’t move until the Aburame removed his mask and started to smoke. Not like the Genin could smell it, but it was the principal of the matter.

“What’s it worth to me?” She repeated, tapping her finger to her chin. Kiku smirked and leaned forward, getting her face close to Nimure’s. Maybe even uncomfortably close as she locked eyes with him, then flitted her eyes down to his mouth for a second. “I’m not sure, actually.” Kiku taunted. “What do you think it’s worth?” She whispered.

Before he could answer, Kiku’s hand flashed up. She yanked the cigarette from the boy’s mouth and snuffed it out on the window ledge. She flicked it away and grabbed the gift bag she’d placed next to here. “Is it worth this gift?” She asked. Kiku pushed the bag into her friend’s hands, and began explaining what it was. “I made you a new lighter. It absorbs chakra when it’s within a range from you, instead of relying on fuel or an ignition. And the flame is compressed, like a small jet, instead of a loose ember. So it doesn’t waste any chakra when you use it. And it’s shaped like a bug!”

Kiku sat back and shifted her gaze to the billowing smoke from the extinguished cigarette for a moment. “And it burns a bit brighter. So in an emergency, it should be able to light your way.” Kiku finished a bit more quietly. The realization of her little prank finally occurred to her, and she was feeling a little antsy about it. So she decided to change the subject.

“Uh, no, I can’t really eat anything.” Kiku answered. She wanted to see Nimure with his new lighter. “My systems and joints get all jammed up. Trust me, I’ve tried.” She added with a playful face that said ‘yuck.’

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱I nodded at the assertion that jinchuuriki are weird. There only being nine of them did make them unusual in a way. That was my guess, anyway. My train of thought was derailed as Kiku began teasing me back. I just rubbed the back of my head awkwardly and tried to keep a poker face as she got close to me. When she snatched my cigarette my ears burned a bit in flustered annoyance as the remaining smoke left my nostrils. Kiku would notice that it was a habitual reaction of mine to such things. She had made playfully chiding remarks to me about it in the past from what I could recall which only made it worse. When she grabbed her gift back and foisted it on me I just smirked and sat up from the beanbag chair. "Heh, let's see it then." I reached into the bag and tore away the stuffed wrapping paper and smiled at what I saw. "You made this?" I asked with some wonderment. It was not too surprising given her craftsmanship with puppets but I doubted that I had ever been given a gift created by hand before.

▱▰▱I channeled a small amount of chakra into it as I used my thumb to ignite the flame. I watched as the flame sparked up six inches for a brief moment before I laughed in surprise. "Woah! That's got some kick to it!" I shouted out in excitement as I twirled the lighter in my hand. The lighter was made of some sort of steel alloy from what I could tell. It also had a large green jewel in the shape of a beetle in the center. I noticed a slit down the middle of the bug and opened it to see that Kiku had stored a picture of them in the center like a makeshift locket. Kiku probably noticed how hard I was nerding out over all of the thoughtful features of the lighter. "Thanks!" I scooped Kiku into my arms and hugged her warmly. I could not even tell that her body was now artificial. It felt just like the last time to me. When I let her go I just smiled before whispering. "Don't tell my parents what you got me. Can you believe they still don't know I smoke? Stupid parents." I joked and I knew that Kiku would understand given all of the secrets she kept from her own family.

▱▰▱As if on cue, I could hear my father's voice from the bottom of the stairs. "Dinnertime!" I hopped to my feet and stuffed the lighter deep in my pocket before waving for Kiku to follow me. "Let's go." I said coolly before opening the door and leading Kiku down the stairs. The living room and dining room downstairs were surprisingly normal given that they were members of the Aburame clan. The backyard had aviaries that could be seen through the window of course. The symbol of the clan was also mounted on the wall along with family photos. Kiku would see a white-haired boy with purple eyes and a similar facial structure to mine in some of the pictures. She would not recognize who he was but could fill in the blanks. I pulled out Kiku's chair for her and took away the plate and table setting for her before returning to my own seat. My parents were finishing up a few things in the kitchen and would not be seen just yet. "Don't let them scare you too much." I said with a smarmy smirk on my face before biting into a dinner role.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
Kiku’s proud grin widened until her eyes had shut. Seeing Nimure so ecstatic over her gift made the girl swell with pride. But more importantly, seeing her best friend so happy with her work filled her with her own joy. And then the cherry on top, the photograph of them from the Academy. It all came together perfectly in a way that not even Kiku would have expected. She had been nervous about whether Nimure would like it. But if anyone asked, of course she’d say she knew it from the beginning.

Before she knew it, Nimure had scooped her up into his arms. He might not have felt a difference with her new body, but Kiku did. Or, more specifically, she had a lack of feeling. It weighed heavy on her heart, but she tried to remember the feeling from the last hug they shared. She wrapped her arms around the Aburame and squeezed, knotting her fingers in the back of his shirt. She tried to laugh off her melancholic feeling with Nimure’s joke. “Yeah, stupid parents,” She chuckled, albeit forcefully, as she recalled running into her own father at the hospital. Kiku was pensive for a second before going to dinner. “Hey, Nimure.” Quickly she tugged on the boy’s sleeve.

“Can you, uh?” The girl shifted a little, struggling to find the right words. “Can you tell me what your parents are like? I, uh, I wanna make a good first impression.” Once Nimure gave his answer, Kiku would follow him downstairs, relieved.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱I looked over at Kiku as she asked me about my parents. I smirked a little as I devoured the dinner roll and just waved away her concerns with my hand. "They're weird but they'll love you." I smiled widely and playfully as I swallowed the bread. I found it quite endearing that Kiku was so concerned about making a good impression. "My mom is depressed but nice. My dad is a hardcore JUEI but you wouldn't guess it." I spoke casually as I described my parents to Kiku. I could hear them scurrying around in the kitchen and tried to time my commentary correctly. Suddenly my voice would become a lot quieter. "Just don't ask about Uemure." My hushed and awkward tone that was only for Kiku to hear was unlike the other quotes that preceded it. I pointed at the white-haired boy in the family portrait above the fireplace before lowering my hand. I always thought it was strange that they kept his pictures up in the house like he never left. I hated it. It was like they were living in a fantasy that was inappropriate given all that Uemure had done to the family and to the village.

▱▰▱As soon as I put my hand down, my parents entered the dining room. I jumped slightly as if startled that they may have heard me. Platters of food were brought out and placed on the table. "You must be Kiku! Nice to meet you." My gregarious father, Chimure Aburame, smiled warmly before gently shaking her hand. A woman followed him into the room, my mother, Hina Aburame. She had a long face and deep, sunken eyes. Her hair was messy and brown like mine. Her eyes also had a similar shape to mine although it was clear that they were worn down from years of crying. It was a little pathetic, really. My father had a head of spiky white hair and yellow eyes with a similar bone structure to mine but it was clear that Uemure favored him. When the parents took their seats and began eating, my dad would speak with further pleasantries. "You can call me Chi. This is my wife, Hina." Hina would look up from her plate and give a weary smile to Kiku. "Hi Kiku, nice to meet you." She spoke to Kiku quietly before going back to picking at her food. "We're so happy to have you with us today. It's a big day for Nimure." My dad patted my shoulder before starting to grab his chopsticks. "You've been friends a long time. We're sorry that you're just now meeting us. When did you guys meet again?" Chimure asked before finally beginning his meal.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:37 am
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“Uemure?” Kiku muttered. A quick scan of the room and she’d be able to see the family photos displayed around the room. She presumed that the whitehaired boy in them was Nimure’s brother, the one he told her about during their first mission together. It wouldn’t take a genius to figure out how, and why, the name would be a sore subject for the Aburame family. While it was just the two of them, Kiku wanted to ask more about Nimure’s brother. About the mental health of her best friend. She didn’t know what happened with Uemure, but it was clear it weighed heavily on Nimure’s shoulders. And Kiku knew that she’d rather die a second time before she let that happen to him… whatever it was.

But before she could pry, Nimure’s parents entered the scene. As soon as his mom and dad came into the room, Kiku’s body shifted. She sat straight up, rigid as a pole in perfect posture. It happened on a reflex, a quick snap that Nimure was sure to notice. “Yes, sir,” was all Kiku said as she shook Chimure’s hand. She could feel a panic crawl over her as she tried to remember and catalogue everything said to her from Nimure’s dad. At the same time, she tried to recall any information Nimure might have told her about before, so she could engage in polite conversation. It resulted in her being uncharacteristically quiet. “Thank you for having me, your house is lovely.” Kiku said. Speak as little as possible, but not too quickly that it seems dismissive.

After everyone was seated, the young Genin took a napkin and carefully placed it over her lap. Kiku waited until everyone else had begun eating before she took her own chopsticks, pressing her palms together in thanks for the meal. She held her utensils delicately, deliberately. Nimure would recognize the proper form she used to eat; she did it all the time. But this time, it would seem as if Kiku was trying to get a good grade in fine dining. “Oh, it’s not a problem at all. I’m sure you two must be awfully busy.” Kiku replied with a polite laugh. Be cool, be cool. She thought to herself. “Yes, sir, Nimure and I met eight years ago.” Kiku wasn’t entirely sure on the date, but being uncertain was bad form. She needed to give her best approximation before it made her look bad. “Nimure is an amazing shinobi, and an even better friend. I owe him a lot, Mr. and Mrs. Aburame. How long have you two been married?”

Kiku reached out for her water, desperately wishing it was something much stronger. It was subtle, but her hand was shaking as she grabbed the glass, taking a small sip as an excuse to finish talking.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱Hearing Kiku mention Uemure's name shook me up a little bit. It almost spoiled my appetite entirely as I filled my rice bowl with eggplant, chickpeas, and chicken. I slowly picked at my food as I listened to my parents speak with Kiku. It was obvious that she was nervous and I felt for her. Having dinner with a friend's family was an awkward thought. Not that I did it all that often, but I could imagine. It almost felt like she was my girlfriend trying to make a good impression on my family. Or maybe I was reading too much into it. When Kiku said that we met eight years ago I started counting on my fingers. It seemed that she was correct so I just nodded in agreement when my parents looked at me.

▱▰▱My dad nodded and smiled widely, he could probably tell that Kiku was nervous. "There's nothing quite like a childhood friendship." Chi spoke optimistically as he looked over at my mom to try to nudge her into the conversation. "Our Nimure is such a good student. We were worried that he wouldn't socialize much because of it. But obviously, he has." My mom embarrassed me a bit with her bragging. I then felt her run her hand over my hair as I took in another mouthful of food. When Kiku asked them how long they had been married, Chi perked up. "We got married young, a few years out of the academy. We'd known each other since we were kids too." It was clear that my dad still held that same affection for my mother even after all these years. My mom was always such a downer that I had a hard time understanding it. She did her best but she was far from the social animal that my father always was. My father and mother smiled at each other and held hands and it was all beginning to get nauseating. "Not unlike you and Nimure." He knowingly looked at Kiku and then at me and it made me feel nervous. I knew what he meant but he seemed to be implying something else. My ears started burning as I looked over at Kiku anxiously. "Tell us more about you, Kiku. Are you in a clan? Nimure told me you're a puppeteer. Just like Lady Hokage! I work with her a lot and it's a powerful skill if you keep working at it. What made you interested in that?" Chi continued asking questions before eating more of his dinner.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
“Oh wow!” Kikus' eyebrows rose in surprise. She almost couldn’t believe it. They’d been together for so long, and they still looked happy with each other. Despite everything that happened in their family. It… was quite the contrast to her own parents. “That’s… really sweet.” She said softly. “It must be nice…” she added under her breath.

Kiku looked down at her food. She tried to hide the solemn expression on her face as she moved some of her dinner around on its plate. Was this what parents were usually like? Chimure and Hina felt so… warm. So inviting. They were trying to get to know Kiku, and she wasn’t used to it. What she was used to was being shoved off to the side once her own parents had finished showing off her and her siblings’ existence.

Kiku pretended to go for a bite just as Chimure continued his questions. “A clan?” She repeated, looking thoughtful. “No, sir.” The girl lied with a forced chuckle. “Sorry to disappoint you, Mr. Aburame. But I’m just Kiku, nothing special about me.” Kiku hoped that Nimure wouldn’t call her out on her fib. The girl exchanged a quick glance with her friend, trying to tell him not to say anything.

“But, uh. Puppets?” Kiku turned her attention back to Chimure. “Oh, yeah. I, uh. I like to make things, or improve them. And I try to make them perfect, too. Like with how they look and stuff. Kind of like, if they were real, would they be happy. And that they’d know they’re cared for. If that makes any sense.” Kiku found herself relaxing as she spoke about her puppets. A light shone in her eyes, figuratively. Puppets were her passion after all, and it was nice for an adult to be so curious in her projects.

“I actually have my notebook, if you’d like to see some of my designs!” As she spoke, Kiku was already excitedly pulling out her small notebook. The Genin had relaxed quite a bit, even going so far as to show her own excitement about her projects. It wasn’t something she really got to do often. However, in her haste to show off her notebook, the girl wasn’t careful. Her arm bumped into her water glass, knocking it and its contents onto the table.

Kiku froze for a moment, just long enough for the panic to set it. “OhnoI’msosorry.” She gasped. The young girl quickly grabbed the cloth from her lap, doing her best to clean up her mess. Panic was evident in her voice and visible on her face. “I’ll get it cleaned up in no time. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!” She reassured Nimure’s parents frantically bowing her head. And after this, I’ll be lucky if I ever see Nimure again, she chided herself while she desperately tried to wipe away the water.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Quote:

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱My parents barely reacted when Kiku spilled her glass of water. When she immediately started wiping it up, my mother offered her an extra cloth napkin to help with the spill. It was completely absorbed from the table's surface in no time. My dad reached across the table to retrieve her notebook filled with schematics and puppet designs. Chi's focus on the notebook gave an air of ease around the accidental water spill. He leafed through the pages before looking up at Kiku to ask questions. "It looks like they're based on wind-up toys. That's interesting. Why do you design them like that?" Chi asked with genuine curiosity before showing the booklet to Hina. She grabbed it with one hand and looked at it thoroughly before handing it back to her husband and collecting the wet napkins. She looked under the surface and saw that the table was now dry. "No harm, good as new." Hina smiled gently before taking the cloth napkins away to the laundry room to dry before returning to her seat.

▱▰▱I was glad that my parents were being so calm and relaxed. The tension of Kiku's anxiety was acutely palpable. I supposed that my parents having had two children with intense anxiety gave them plenty of years of experience in how to react to it. Not to mention my mom's ability to relax to anxiety and depression issues, having plenty of her own. "It's her style, but she can make all kinds of things. And yeah, she's a perfectionist too." I said between bites of food as I felt more at ease. I only hoped that Kiku would start to feel better. "I can see that. There's so much detail on these pages. How long do you spend on the concepts before you start construction?" Chimure could tell that this was a topic that Kiku was passionate about so he wanted to delve deeper into the subject. "And I, well, I know it's easier said than done, Kiku, but you don't have to feel nervous here. This is a safe place for you." My dad smiled warmly and gave a reassuring tone to Kiku before returning his focus to trying to read through the entire notebook.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:07 am
User ImageUser Image
The Gilded Queen

User ImageUser Image
She expected… well. Kiku expected more anger. She expected some reminder of her clumsiness or bad manners. Or, but potentially including, being kicked from the house and barred from seeing Nimure. But Chi and Hina through Kiku for a loop. Their reassurances made Kiku lock up as shock washed over her like a tidal wave. It felt like running face first into a break wall, where the girl experienced mental whiplash at what she expected versus what happened. Why weren’t they more strict? Why weren’t they more demanding? Why weren’t… they more like her parents?

“The actual drafting stages take about a week or two depending on the project.” Kiku found herself answering. “There’s a lot of moving parts, so it takes a bit of a process to get the blueprints done to the level of detail I like. So it comes down to making sure the outside is built in such a way that the puppet doesn’t lock itself up in combat. While at the same time, there’s the mathematical formulae needed for the Fuuinjutsu on the inside, to make sure the mechanisms are storing chakra flow properly. It needs to work kind of like a circulatory system, or it could create a build up of chakra and backfire. But the actual construction takes maybe a week of dedicated time. I’m fortunate enough that the materials are easy to come by, so the actual crafting doesn’t take up as much time.”

Kiku felt odd. As she recited the information, she sounded like she was reading it from a book. But it was clear that the girl had repeated this to herself hundreds-no, thousands-of times. “There’s one project that I was working on for years that only just got finished recently.” She added. Kiku didn’t elaborate, but it would be evident to Nimure that she meant her current body. As the girl spoke, she thought.

Chi’s words rolled through her head, and she mentally chewed on them thoughtfully. The puppeteer didn’t feel any ill will from Nimure’s parents. They both seemed really loving, really sincere. Really nice. So why didn’t Kiku feel at ease? Were they lying to her? As she stood there, feeling the weight of their gazes, Kiku considered the possibility. “I-” What could she say? Even after her explanation on puppets, Kiku still didn’t know how to respond to the most important part of what her host had said. There was a silent moment that felt like an eternity to the young shinobi before she finally untwisted her tongue.

“I’m sorry for the outburst and for making a mess.” Kiku finally got something said. She folded her hands in front of her and performed a quiet bow. “And thank you for the chance to talk about my puppets, they mean a lot to me. If it’s okay, I’d like to use your bathroom. I think I got some water on my pants.”

Kiku waited long enough to be dismissed before she left the diner table. If Nimure followed after her, since she would be gone for a suspiciously long amount of time, he’d find her in his room. The young girl was leaning over his window sill, looking out with a stare that went on for thousands of miles. In her hand was one of his lit cigarettes, held loosely next to her open flask.

"Speaking"

Thinking

First Action:

Second Action:

Third Action:

Ephemeral Ozymandias

gucci-shinigami
Crew

Ephemeral Ozymandias
Captain

Obsessive Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

▱▰▱My nervous system's natural state of agita was aggravated as I watched Kiku becoming uncomfortable. I felt annoyed with my parents which was rather misplaced. They did not seem to do anything wrong whatsoever, but I needed somebody to be angry at. I did think it was odd that Kiku was behaving this way and neglected to mention that she does have a bloodline. But honestly, it did not matter to me. All that mattered to me right now was Kiku. Her needs and wellbeing allowed me to push all else aside. I could sense her unease even as she was explaining the puppet schematics. I ignored most of that technical gibberish and just focused on how she was speaking. She was still flustered from spilling the water and seemingly on auto-pilot when answering the questions. My dad smiled pleasantly before calmly dismissing her from the table upon request. "Of course." I watched him wipe the corners of his mouth with the napkin before Kiku walked off. I stood up immediately, knowing that something was wrong. My parents seemed relatively clueless and were surprised to see me hop up so abruptly. "I'll...uh...show her where the bathroom is." I had to come up with some sort of lame excuse before speedwalking after her.

▱▰▱I walked upstairs and checked the bathroom but it was dark. Despite the darkness indicating that she wasn't in there, I flipped the switch just to double-check. I'm not sure why I even did that. I turned around and looked about briefly before seeing her in my room. I closed the door behind me before slowly approaching her. "Kiku? You okay?" I was still somewhat bewildered but certainly burdened with concern. I would wait a moment before ultimately leaning forward beside her. I grabbed a loose cigarette from my jacket before lighting it with my new lighter. A big flame sprouted up unexpectedly and instantly lit the tip of my smoke. "Look at that." I reacted to the fire with pleasant surprise before placing it back in my jacket. I took a drag from the cigarette and released the smoke from my nostrils. I was trying to play it casual so that it would help her calm down but I doubt that I was doing a good job of it.

▱▰▱I was being lame and boring, I knew it. I had to think of something profound but nothing was coming to mind. I needed to think of a cool quote to help support her without making it a big deal. I waited for a few moments before speaking again. "Y'know, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself." I tapped the top of my cigarette out of the window to remove the ash that was accumulating at the front. "My freakish brain makes me bug out. No pun intended. Then I do all kinds of stupid s**t because of it. You've forgiven me more than I deserve. Like you've given me a hundred chances. The least we can do is forgive a little spilled water." I ended up saying more than I really meant to. I felt awkward making this about me but this was something on my mind for a long time. Why did she keep forgiving me for mistake after mistake? Surely one friendship could not be worth it. Was there more of a reason? I truly couldn't get it.

Technique Used:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]
Techniques Active:
[ Technique Name ]
▱▰▱○ [ Rank ]

Active Effects
Specialized Breeds:
Status Effects:
• None

Poison Data

Personal Attributes

Class Information

pyrategross

𝔸𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕧𝕖

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces